Lil Wayne Talks Prison Life In New 'Rolling Stone' Cover Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
main.jpg

In the new issue of Rolling Stone — on stands and online in the digital archives on January 21st (subscription required) — Lil Wayne opens up for the first time about his time in prison. (See video from his cover shoot below.) During his eight month stint in Building C-76, cell 23 at Rikers Island, Weezy worked as an SPA (suicide prevention aide), listened to a lot of music on the radio (oldies and Hot 97) and played countless games of Uno with his cellmates in the Protective Custody division.
"I'd bust a *****'s ass at Uno," he told writer Josh Eells. "We gamble for phone time. I'd take *****'s commissary: Lemme get them cookies, lemme get them chips, get that soup."

Eventually his cellmates stopped inviting him to games. "They'd be like, 'Oh, we thought you were asleep,'" Wayne says. "Like you can't look inside my cell and see that I'm right there! We ain't got no doors!"

Other highlights from the piece:
- When Wayne sat court-side at a recent Miami Heat/New Orleans Hornets game he was upset that Lebron James and Dwayne Wade never came over to talk to him. "Them ****** never speak to a *****," he says. "They don't chuck me the deuce or nothing. ***** spent all that money on them fucking tickets ... Come holla at me. We sit right by them little bitch-ass ******. At least come ask me why I'm not rooting for you."

- In prison he read biographies of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Marvin Gaye, Joan Jett, Vince Lombardi and Anthony Kiedis. "[Kiedis'] Scar Tissue was really good," he says. "I also read the Bible for the first time. It was deep! I liked the parts where some character was once this, but he ended up being that. Like he'd be dissing Jesus, and then he ends up being a saint. That was cool."

- He spent his final month in jail in solitary after he was caught with an iPod charger in his cell. It could have been worse: He also had a watch with an MP3 player on it, but another inmate took the rap. "He was a solid *****," says Wayne. "Shout-out to Charles...Solitary was the worst. No TV. No radio. No commissary. Basically you're in there 23 hours a day." The only upside was he had a window where he could watch cars go by. "I used to sit at that motherfucker all day," he says.