LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
That's a perfect comparison tbh they're not near as bad as star wars fans yet at least

Star Wars fans piss me off so much. Especially since I am one.

The minority that went absolutely bonkers after TLJ was released was disgusting. The way that small but very loud and belligerent group made everyone think that the Star Wars fandom had completely lost it made me want to scream.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
That was fantastic lol I love the nod to Logan !

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
IMO this counts as MCU but we can have the debate about whether the TV shows count or not some other time. Anyways, no spoilers, but I really enjoyed Jessica Jones season 3. It started slow like the other two season, but really picked up towards the end and I really fucked with the last 5 or 6 episodes. Won't get into too many specifics here (although there really wasn't anything huge to spoil anyway), but here's to the Marvel Netflix series, they had their ups and downs, but it's been a fun run. I'm gonna miss my boys Frank and Matt so much :pour

Sabretooth

Reaction score
IMO this counts as MCU but we can have the debate about whether the TV shows count or not some other time. Anyways, no spoilers, but I really enjoyed Jessica Jones season 3. It started slow like the other two season, but really picked up towards the end and I really fucked with the last 5 or 6 episodes. Won't get into too many specifics here (although there really wasn't anything huge to spoil anyway), but here's to the Marvel Netflix series, they had their ups and downs, but it's been a fun run. I'm gonna miss my boys Frank and Matt so much :pour

I'm so scared to watch it cause I know when I finish the season that's it. :(

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm so scared to watch it cause I know when I finish the season that's it. :(

It really didn't hit me until the very last episode ended and it started doing the usually last 10 minutes of epilogue and I was just like "Oh shit that's it bro." I loved JJ season 1 and didn't mind season 2 even though it was considerably weaker, but I didn't really have high expectations or anything for this last season, I was just gonna watch it bc I watched everything else so far. And it was a fun time, didn't feel like "the end" or anything bc it's just one of the 5 shows they did, but man I just started missing Daredevil and Punisher way more at the end and I don't even think they were referenced smh

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just finished episode 8 and damn that was crazy. Loving the season so far.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Damn i actually forgot about JJ. Guess this is the end of the road for the televised MCU. I wonder if the cast remains the same if and when they travel over to Disney

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Damn i actually forgot about JJ. Guess this is the end of the road for the televised MCU. I wonder if the cast remains the same if and when they travel over to Disney

It's not the end tbh even though the Netflix shows were their most popular. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. still rules and is way more connected to the movies (one-sided but still) than the Netflix shows were. Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are decent, but you can tell they're tailored for teens and have some cringy shit sometimes. Also they've confirmed a Ghost Rider show (with the same actor from Season 4 of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and one other show (I forget what it's called) on Hulu next year. Also Disney+ is supposed to have a few that are directly tied to the movies with the same actors next year too, I think the confirmed ones are Falcon and the Winter Solider, Wanda and Vision, Loki, Hawkeye, and a animated "What If" show that they were trying to get the actors to voice their characters for that would be stuff like one episode is "What if Cap was never frozen in ice" and a different scenario for the next kinda thing.

But as far as the Netflix shows go, it's gonna be awhile when and IF they can move over the Disney+ or Hulu, but most have all said they really want to keep playing the characters, especially the Daredevil cast members and I just don't think I could accept anyone else playing Matt Murdock, Wilson Fisk, or the Punisher at this point, they were absolutely perfect.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It's not the end tbh even though the Netflix shows were their most popular. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. still rules and is way more connected to the movies (one-sided but still) than the Netflix shows were. Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are decent, but you can tell they're tailored for teens and have some cringy shit sometimes. Also they've confirmed a Ghost Rider show (with the same actor from Season 4 of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and one other show (I forget what it's called) on Hulu next year. Also Disney+ is supposed to have a few that are directly tied to the movies with the same actors next year too, I think the confirmed ones are Falcon and the Winter Solider, Wanda and Vision, Loki, Hawkeye, and a animated "What If" show that they were trying to get the actors to voice their characters for that would be stuff like one episode is "What if Cap was never frozen in ice" and a different scenario for the next kinda thing.

But as far as the Netflix shows go, it's gonna be awhile when and IF they can move over the Disney+ or Hulu, but most have all said they really want to keep playing the characters, especially the Daredevil cast members and I just don't think I could accept anyone else playing Matt Murdock, Wilson Fisk, or the Punisher at this point, they were absolutely perfect.
Yeah i guess i should’ve specified that I meant the end of the road of this specific incarnation. The core four so to speak(even though I’ve been highly critical of Iron First)

Im intrigued by a lot of the new Disney+ shows. Especially Loki cause I want to see which Loki we’ll be getting. An earlier version of the Loki that died? Or the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract in Endgame?

Also is Sam gonna have the Shield for his show with Winter Solider? They have amazing chemistry so I’ll definitely be watching them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah i guess i should’ve specified that I meant the end of the road of this specific incarnation. The core four so to speak(even though I’ve been highly critical of Iron First)

Im intrigued by a lot of the new Disney+ shows. Especially Loki cause I want to see which Loki we’ll be getting. An earlier version of the Loki that died? Or the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract in Endgame?

Also is Sam gonna have the Shield for his show with Winter Solider? They have amazing chemistry so I’ll definitely be watching them.

They've been really sparse on the details so far other than they're gonna be like 6-8 episode miniseries so basically extended movies, which I really fucks with. I hope Sam has the Shield in their show, bc I don't think him and Bucky would have had time to go on any adventures before with how the movie timeline worked out just going by my memory. Loki could def go either way and I'd be fine with it no matter what bc I love the character. Also I really hope that Hawkeye show covers him just fucking up drug dealers Punisher style during that 5 year gap. I'm probably most interested in the What If show just bc I love that kinda shit and it being animated gives them a ton of freedom to just go nuts.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well that wraps up the marvel Netflix universe. Fucking amazing season to end on but boy am I sad it's over.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saw Spider-Man: Far From Home a couple days ago, good shit like you'd expect probably rank it around the same as Homecoming, as it wasn't really better or worse but that could change a lot once I rewatch it. Rest of this is gonna have some spoilers so read at your own risk.

Mysterio fucking ruled, I'm sure the twist of him being a villain was probably pretty cool for people that didn't already know it, but pretty much any Spidey fan was already waiting for it. The updated backstory of him being a former Stark employee and coming up the idea for the BARF technology worked great and made it so his powers made way more sense than just a movie special effects guy, so I loved that part. Also they even brought back the fucker from the "WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS" scene from Iron Man 1 :lmao Those two post credits scene tho were just HOLY SHIT and almost overshadow the movie tbh. I don't think Spidey's secret identity being exposed is going to be as big of a deal as we expect unless they have proof bc I could see him getting out of that if not especially if Mysterio is really dead and can't really defend the claim (hopefully he isn't tho bc he was a great villain), but THEY BROUGHT BACK JK SIMMONS AS J. JONAH JAMESON HOLY SHIT :mark: That was the biggest thing I got out of the scene bc he was by far the best casting from the original Spider-Man movies and I can't imagine anyone else playing the character as well as he did. The next scene was crazy too but fuck yeah my boy Talos is still going strong after Captain Marvel :mark: The reveal of it being them instead of Fury and Hill makes a lot of sense with how Fury was acting most of the movie, he was hilarious but just seemed kinda off so I can't wait to rewatch it to see how many hints were thrown out there. Fury in space opens up a lot of new avenues for them to experiment with so I can't wait for all that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Comic-Con: Marvel Studios Announces Phase 4 Titles Including BLADE, SHANG-CHI, ETERNALS and More

"The Infinity Saga is complete," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige declared at Comic-Con Saturday. After 11 years and 23 movies, the Marvel boss pulled back the curtain on the Marvel Cinematic Universe's future as it enters Phase 4 following the events of Avengers: Endgame. (Scroll to the bottom for the full slate he revealed.)

After touting that Endgame will soon overtake Avatar as the No. 1 film of all time, not adjusted for inflation, Feige set dates for a number of movies and Disney+ shows.

But at the end of the panel, just when fans thought he was done, Feige caused a new uproar by casually telling fans there were films he didn't have time to talk about, such as Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 — and more importantly, Fantastic Four and movies about mutants (code for X-Men). He also unveiled an A-list casting, revealing that Mahershala Ali would be joining the MCU as Blade, the vampire hunter that was played by Wesley Snipes in three movies previously.

While those films don't have dates, earlier in the panel Feige revealed that up first will be Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, which will open May 1, 2020 and is directed by Cate Shorthand.

"What's more exciting than the mythology of Marvel movies," asked Rachel Weisz, on stage with the movie's cast.

Johansson, meanwhile, commented, "I couldn't have played this iteration of the character 10 years ago...I get to play her as a fully realized woman with many facets."

The Eternals will follow on Nov. 6, 2020 and Feige brought out the cast, including Angelina Jolie as Thena, Richard Madden as Ikarus, as well as Kumail Nanjiani, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek as Ajax, Lia McHugh and Don Lee as Gilgamesh.

Chloé Zhao is directing the film, which Feige described as "full on Jack Kirby," a reference to the cosmic property's creator.

Nanjiani described Marvel as being "throwback" movies. He refereed to Casablanca and other movies that had various tones to them, made in a time before everything was split into definitive genres. "Marvel is a throwback to those old movies. They have action, romance, comedy. They have everything!"

Hayek, meanwhile, underscored the representation angle of the movie, saying Eternals will be as diverse as the Hall audience itself.

While the studio no longer has Robert Downey Jr., it does have a new weapon in its arsenal: Disney+, the upcoming streaming service that will feature Marvel shows that connect to the films. Feige revealed Falcon & Winter Soldier, starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, will bow in the fall 2020.

Mackie, whose Sam Wilson was given the mantle of Captain America at the end of Endgame, came out on stage with the Captain America shield. Meanwhile, a video message from villain Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl) appeared on screen, with the villain saying he looks forward to seeing the heroes soon.

Next up, Feige revealed the title for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which he revealed will star Simu Liu as Marvel's first Asian leading man. It will open Feb. 12, 2021 and also star Tony Leung as the real Mandarin (Ben Kingsley played an imposter version in Iron Man 3). Awkwafina is also to star in the film from Destin Daniel Cretton.

Cretton gave Feige and Marvel props for pushing non-white acting for the forefront. "Kevin and MCU reflect all the beautiful colors that I see in this room. To be a small part of that is very special to me."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WandaVision, the Disney+ series starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Betteny will follow in spring 2021 and take place after Endgame as Wanda Maximoff deals with the loss of her partner, Vision. Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau, who was a child in that film, will appear as an adult and be played by Teyonah Parris.

Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston's trickster god, will debut on Disney+ in spring 2021. Feige revealed that this features the 2012 version of the character who in Endgame stole an Infinity Stone, but it will take place after Endgame. Part of the mystery is where he's been and what he's been up to.

The upcoming Doctor Strange sequel was revealed to be titled Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. It will hit theaters May 7, 2022. Olsen's Scarlett Witch will appear in the film, and her series WandaVision will lead into the movie. Filmmaker Scott Derrickson, known for his horror work, described it as Marvel's first scary movie.