LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: LB presents: The Marvel Movie News Thread

Phenomenal

Castiel

Reaction score

Let's hope this changes your mind....

[video=youtube;5EjG-1U3wqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5EjG-1U3wqA[/video]

*drools*

It did. Big time. Honestly, right now it looks like it could easily be the best Iron Man yet.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Agreed, it looks like all the issues people had with the second have been answered with this one. Anyone else notice the Captain America tattoo on the back of The Manderins neck?

Castiel

Reaction score

I never noticed it until someone else pointed it out but it's definitely there. I wouldn't mind if this meant The Manderin will be in Avengers 2 or something, Ben Kingsley is very awesome and has to share his villainous role in this one.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Massive news on the X-Men First Class sequel:

Deadline reports that Bryan Singer will return to the X-Men franchise to direct X-Men: Days of Future Past for 20th Century Fox.

Matthew Vaughn was set to direct the sequel to X-Men: First Class but he decided to step back. He will instead produce with writer Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.

Singer launched the film franchise with X-Men and X2: X-Men United. Singer helped this spinoff by writing the treatment and producing. Fox already has the script ready. Set to return are stars Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence. It will be released on July 18, 2014.

Singer's next film is New Line's Jack The Giant Slayer.

Well if they couldn't get Vaughen to direct, they couldn't have picked a better replacement. X-Men 2 is still one of the best comic book movies to date, awesome hiring here.

Castiel

Reaction score

xreturn2.jpg

xreturn1.jpg

YES! Patrick Stewart was the perfect Xavier and with a the story they've chose to use for the sequel this is a perfect opportunity to use them both.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

good lord, there's no way this film can fail. Incredible cast so far.

Also, I've now learnt that Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart are on Twitter. Insane.

Castiel

Reaction score

McKellen name seems too n00bish for someone of his prestige. I'm sure Jackman will be announced soon enough but I hope the others are all recast if they use the characters in all honesty. Not that they were bad or anything but I don't want it to feel like a total rehash I guess... surely the focus will still be on Fassbender and McAvoy somehow though, right? Though if I do recall from animated series' at least doesn't this story require Xavier in a coma?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Hugh Jackman Reveals When THE WOLVERINE Takes Place

We’ve seen plenty of set photos from The Wolverine, and so far it looks like we were going to see Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) across plenty of locations. One of the settings was a Japanese POW camp, so some of the movie has to take place in the past, right? While that may still be the case, it looks like the majority of the plot will take place in the modern day. We already knew that the movie was standalone in the sense that there wouldn’t be many mutants, and it wouldn’t pay attention to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But the question remains: does The Wolverine take place before X-Men or after X-Men: The Last Stand?

Hit the jump for more. The Wolverine opens July 26, 2013.

hugh-jackman-the-wolverineSpeaking to Parade [via Bleeding Cool], Jackman reluctantly revealed a couple details about The Wolverine:

You want to get me into trouble, don’t you? [laughs] Okay, the movie takes place after X-Men: The Last Stand. My character is at his lowest. He is supposed to be able to heal himself, but he may encounter someone who has worked out a way to really hurt him.

I forget how Last Stand ended other than Magneto discovering that he hadn’t really lost his powers. I guess Wolvie would be a little bummed after having to kill Jean Grey/Phoenix, so I suppose the new movie will see him doing a little soul searching in Japan.

Jackman added,

And there is a cameo from one of the past X-Men in it.

Speculate away on who we’ll see in The Wolverine. I’m thinking Jean Grey to haunt Wolverine, which would also establish the timeline for the audience.

Here’s the official synopsis for The Wolverine:

Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine, the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.

wolverine-movie-poster.jpg

I hope its good. Glad Jackman is continuing as Wolverine. He does a great job and think it would be weird without him.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Jackman IS Wolverine, real hard to recast at this point.

Glad we're going with post-X-Men 3, means the continuity hopefully won't become as muddled as some of these prequels have been.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I added the movie poster so maybe we can put that up on the home page too at some point.

Castiel

Reaction score

Sounds great! I'm starting to anticipate The Wolverine a bit at this point. I'm guessing they're right about the cameo being Jean haunting Wolverine. I wouldn't mind seeing James Marsden as Cyclops again though.

Has the news of Dane DeHaan being cast as Harry Osborn for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 been posted in here yet? I thought I mentioned it somewhere... great casting, based off his Chronicle performance alone he seems perfect for the role.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

The list of contenders for the lead in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie has gotten a bit more interesting. We learned back in November that a number of actors were on the shortlist for the role of Star-Lord in director James Gunn’s adaptation of the comic, and just a couple of weeks ago reports surfaced that the search had been narrowed down to Jim Sturgess, Zachary Levi (Chuck), and an unnamed third actor. Now it appears that said unnamed actor is none other than the multitalented Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Hit the jump for more.

joseph-gordon-levitt-guardians-of-the-galaxyWord of Gordon-Levitt’s involvement comes via Deadline, who report that Marvel has added JGL to the list of actors they are considering for the lead role of Peter Quill. There’s no confirmation of whether Gordon-Levitt has been offered the role, but he’s certainly the most high-profile actor that has been mentioned thus far. For those unaware, Peter Quill aka Star-Lord was born of a human mother and alien father, and he’s a master strategist and combat expert who wears an ability-enhancing suit and pilots a psychically-linked ship. The character will serve as the audience’s introduction to the galactic world of Guardians of the Galaxy in Marvel’s space-set film.

Gordon-Levitt is in an interesting position as his character was revealed to be Batman’s successor in Christopher Nolan’s trilogy-closing The Dark Knight Rises. Rumors have swirled that he may be picking up the cowl as the new Batman in Warner Bros.’ Justice League film, but those reports have thus far gone unconfirmed. Should his consideration for the Guardians gig turn out to be true, that likely means his involvement in Justice League is/always was a no-go. The actor also has a burgeoning filmmaking career on the horizon, as his directorial debut Don Jon’s Addiction will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in a couple of weeks.

JGL is becoming like Liam Neeson whatever role he does is golden. I don't think I have seen a bad performance from him yet. I can't wait for this now if he gets the role.

While we’re still awaiting casting news regarding the female lead for Marvel’s sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, we now have some confirmation on who won’t be in the movie. Hayley Atwell, who played the female lead opposite Chris Evans in The First Avenger, previously played coy when asked about her involvement in the follow-up. We learned in The Avengers that Peggy Carter is still alive in the present day, and it’s assumed that we’ll be getting at least a few flashbacks to Cap’s 1940s days in the sequel The Winter Soldier, so it seemed feasible for her to make an appearance. Alas, it appears that Atwell will not, in fact, be popping up in the follow-up. Hit the jump for more.

hayley-atwell-captain-america-2-sequelWhen asked about her involvement in The Winter Soldier this past September, Atwell responded, “I’m not allowed to say yet.†Many took this as a semi-confirmation that she would be showing up in the sequel, but it looks like she may have just been waiting to see how the final script would shake out. During an interview with TimeOut (via CBM), the outlet reveals her non-involement with the film:

“She wont, she confirms, be back for the [Captain America] sequel.â€

The search continues for the film’s female lead, and as early as last August reports started to surface regarding contenders for the role (which is likely that of Peggy’s younger sister, Sharon Carter). Names like Felicity Jones, Anna Kendrick, Allison Brie, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead have been thrown around, but we have yet to hear any sort of confirmation. Expect to hear more details soon, though, as directors Anthony and Joe Russo are gearing up to start filming the sequel in March. Captain America: The Winter

Not much of a surprise but not something that will hurt the sequel. I did however think she did oK with her role in the first one though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Hayley Atwell not returning makes sense. She could only appear as a flashback anyway. Besides, she'd be lost in the star power of that movie.

I'm very up for JGL getting involved in the Marvel Universe, yes please.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

More potential casting for Guardians of the Galaxy

According to comicbookmovie.com, former WWE Star Dave Bautista, Isaiah Mustafa (the Old Spice guy) and Brian Patrick Wade (The Guardian) are all in negotiations with Marvel for the role of Drax The Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy. While the backstory for the character will be updated, here is the general information on the character…

‘Drax The Destroyer' was an average human male named Arthur Douglas, whose family was murdered by the Mad Titan, Thanos. A being by the name of Kronos took the soul of Arthur Douglas and placed it in a far superior body to challenge Thanos.

I'd mark hard for Batista being in this movie.