LB presents: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: LB presents: The Marvel Movie News Thread

Some notes from The Avengers home release extras:

- For all the talk about Capt. America scenes being removed, the character who suffered most from cuts was Maria Hill. The theatrical version gives no clues to the relationship between her and Fury, whereas pre-cuts she was pretty much out for his job. Admittedly, the revised endings we saw rounded the film off better, but her character suffered in a big way. If HIMYM ends this year, I'd love for Smulders to move onto the S.H.I.E.L.D TV series and reprise this role with a bit more depth.

- The Capt. America removed scene is a great intro for the character, and really adds more depth to him adjusting to the modern world. But again, easy to see why they took it (and others) out of the film, the Capt. sequel will benefit greatly from them.

- The UK version really should've been called "The Avengers Initiative" instead of "Avengers Assemble" IMO.

- Oh, and people have been complaining about a certain scene being edited. Those people can GTFO, it's insignificant and has no impact on the movie whatsoever.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I honestly can't wait to get the Blu Ray in my hot little hands

and I thought Smulders did a great job, I hope that HIMYM isn't ending soon but if so she has a long career ahead of her...

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Having done his level best to steal the show in The Avengers, the Hulk may well be rewarded with his own standalone movie, although probably not until after The Avengers 2 has been released.

Kevin Feige has been talking to MTV about the future of the character, and he seems confident that the big green monster may yet get another standalone outing.

“Do I think Hulk can carry a movie and be as entertaining as he was in Avengers?” questioned Feige. “I do believe that. I do believe he absolutely could. We certainly are not even going to attempt that until Avengers 2, so there’s a lot of time to think about it.”

“I don’t think there’s a lot that we couldn’t do someday,” continues Feige, “as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe. Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story.”

“I think there’s pitfalls of continuity-overload, and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself [with those cosmic projects]. It happens every few decades or so in the comics. Apart from that, I’d say everything is on the table.”

All of which sounds rather exciting, although obviously this is a long way down the track. In the meantime, there’s The Avengers 2 to look forward to, which opens in the UK on 1 May 2015.

To me this is great news as the outing he has had were not that great. I want a good Hulk movie

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I dunno, Avengers played to Hulk's strengths. Great in small doses, less talky more smashy.

The Incredible Hulk wasn't bad by any means, but it's definitely the weakest of the phase 1 films. Hopefully Ruffalo will still be on board though, he made Hulk one of the highlights of The Aevngers.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I dunno, Avengers played to Hulk's strengths. Great in small doses, less talky more smashy.

The Incredible Hulk wasn't bad by any means, but it's definitely the weakest of the phase 1 films. Hopefully Ruffalo will still be on board though, he made Hulk one of the highlights of The Aevngers.

I don't think that they were horrible by any means, especially with how the first was a biopic of how he became, which was fine by me and the second one I liked but Hulk did talk to much. As long as they follow a comic for once will make it a better movie, but they always seem to change it up from time to time.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Why can't they just make Hulk 2. Why do they keep making standalone movies

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Why can't they just make Hulk 2. Why do they keep making standalone movies

Because they currently have 4 maybe 5 movies in the pipeline and any more could saturate a very profitable market.

Castiel

Reaction score

Big Amazing Spider-Man 2 talk today.

With Marc Webb and Andrew Garfield officially back on board for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," not to mention Emma Stone most likely returning as Gwen Stacy, things are moving forward at a very quick clip on the developing sequel. Case in point: today's news that Mary Jane Watson, Harry Osborn and even Electro will have roles in the movie. There's even potential casting news on one of those parts.

Read on for the breakdown!

» Variety reports that "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" actress Shailene Woodley is in early talks to play Mary Jane in the "Amazing" sequel. "Early talks" is hardly "locked and loaded," but it's at the very least a hint at where Webb's head is at when it comes to casting Peter Parker's iconic love interest, if not the exact person for the role. Woodley might not be a popular choice for the part, but I'm wholeheartedly in favor of seeing her as MJ; she's got all the attitude and ferocity to back up the red-headed bombshell, and her scenes opposite Stone as Stacy would be a must-watch.

» The report also states that Harry Osborn, best friend of Peter Parker and heir apparent to the Oscorp empire, will have a starring role in the next "Amazing" movie. Casting is ongoing, so no one to identify just yet. That gives us some time to think up actors for the role ourselves, doesn't it?

» Finally, it looks like Electro could very well be the villain of the next "Spider-Man" movie. Variety says that Max Dillon is one of several bad guys that Sony is considering putting up against Peter Parker in the upcoming sequel, but also notes that the studio has plenty of time to finalize that decision with production still months away from beginning.

All in all, a busy day for "Spider-Man" news. Stay tuned for further updates and analysis as we have time to process everything.

Source: MTV

And it seems we've already got our MJ.

The big screen Spider-Man series hit the reset button earlier this year with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man, featuring Andrew Garfield as the web-slinging hero. His love interest was fellow high schooler Gwen Stacy, played by Emma Stone, and now it looks like she may have some competition for his affections.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the producers of The Amazing Spider-Man’s sequel are looking to add the more familiar Spidey leading lady Mary Jane Watson to the mix. The character was played by Kirsten Dunst in the original Spider-Man trilogy, and The Descendants actress Shailene Woodley is in talks for the role this time around. This means audiences should expect plenty of love-triangle drama to accompany all the superhero action.
The sequel is being written by Star Trek screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, and director Marc Webb is already set to return. Shooting will begin soon, and a release date is set for May 2, 2014.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Also, Marc Webb has confirmed that Michael Massee will play the villain, Electro or not. Not digging the MJ choice at all tbh. Why is it so hard to cast a good MJ?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Electro is a pretty cool idea for a villain. Dunno why they gotta drag MJ back into this though, Gwen was fine.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Loads of news! Firstly, Ant-Man is official!

Superhero Hype reports that Disney and Marven Studios have announced a November 6, 2015 release date for Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. It joins The Avengers 2 (May 1, 2015) as the second film of that year.

The only details about the film known is that Edgar Wright is directing and he co-wrote a script with Joe Cornish that everyone is "really happy with". He made a test reel for the film that premiered at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

The plot synopsis has been released for Thor: The Dark World

2011′s Thor proved that audiences were interested in Asgard and the mythical areas around it. The sequel, Thor: The Dark World is going much bigger, as evident by the film's official synopsis:

"Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel's classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book Journey into Mystery" #83 in August, 1962."
The Marvel sequel hits theaters November 8, 2013.

411mania

And the next two Marvel films will both be 3D

IGN reports that Disney and Marvel have announced that both Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be released in 3D.

The studio did not say that the other Marvel Phase 2 movies would be in 3D. These include Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man.

IGN

Castiel

Reaction score

Edgar Wright is directing Ant-Man?! YES! I'm already interested.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Iron Man 3 trailer in 5 days!

Castiel

Reaction score

I hope the trailer is good, right now I'm not excited for it at all honestly.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I hope the trailer is good, right now I'm not excited for it at all honestly.

Let's hope this changes your mind....

[video=youtube;5EjG-1U3wqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5EjG-1U3wqA[/video]

*drools*

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels