Laurenitus = New Vince?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
Since we learned about the match between Laurenitus and Cena last Monday, all I could think about was how closely related this is to Austin and Vince. Opinions?

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
SpaceR said:
Since we learned about the match between Laurenitus and Cena last Monday, all I could think about was how closely related this is to Austin and Vince. Opinions?

I thought the same thing. Only downgraded. Boring version of vince vs the current face of wwe that dresses like fruity pebbles. compared to the badass face that was austin.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If this is supposed to be our generations version of Austin vs Vince we should all give up on WWE as of now.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
If this is supposed to be our generations version of Austin vs Vince we should all give up on WWE as of now.

I don't think it's supposed to be. But it has a keen resemblence. by logic though, it was meant to happen eventually, john being the heel GM with lots of power feuding with the face of WWE.

but I wouldn't be surpised, after all wwe tried to redo austin and rock with cena and orton.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
At least Austin/Vince made since. What does Ace have against Cena

"well you'll have to tune into Raw and see"

Whatever, there isn't a legitimate reason like there was for Vince's disdain for Austin.

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see much wrong with it to be honest. I think you guys are just jumping on the "I hate Cena" bandwagon for the hell of it, that just the cool thing to do in the IWC nowadays. Obviously it doesn't have the magnitude that Vince and Austin had but that was a different time and different people.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nothing like Austin vs Vince. The closest we had of that was Punk vs John which was decent until they messed it up. This is simply a mega-heel screwing someone. Vince vs Austin was more like the badass who can't take his bosses shit any more.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
SpaceR said:
To be honest, I don't see much wrong with it to be honest. I think you guys are just jumping on the "I hate Cena" bandwagon for the hell of it, that just the cool thing to do in the IWC nowadays. Obviously it doesn't have the magnitude that Vince and Austin had but that was a different time and different people.

I don't hate john cena, I like him. But the last great feud he had was his feud with edge. While any feud with austin or rock is memorable.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
SpaceR said:

I'm not on the I hate Cena 'bandwagon' because it's the thing to do. I hate John Cena because I fucking hate John Cena.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
SpaceR said:

Nowadays? People in the IWC have been hating on him ever since he won his first WWE Title. It's not exactly a new trend that just got started.

To answer the question, yes, they're trying to recreate at least some of the magic of doing a face vs heel owner type of angle, just like they did with Austin/Flair in 2002 and Cena/Bischoff in 2005. I don't have a problem with it so long as it's not completely boring but nothing will ever have the specialness of Austin/Vince, just because of the novelty aspect of a wrestler feuding with the real life owner at that time.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
austin comes back as gm of raw and feuds with cm punk and his anti-hero self. wwe should do that.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's a cheap Rip off. Ace is hilarious and Cena is entertaining when he has clear hinders to get over. But this will not be as good as the austin v Mcmahon feud.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
There may be another Rock (I'm looking at you Garett, lulz), another Cena, but there'll never be another Vince, IMO. :kiss: #NoChance

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
OH HELL NO!

604dbd984f80b875b2429d9feab6d4fb.png