Kross asking for his Release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Unhappiness over creative and pay has led to a rift between Impact Wrestling and Killer Kross, PWInsider.com has learned.

We have been told by numerous sources that Kross, 33, has been unhappy with the current multi-year deal he signed with Impact a year ago and has requested a raise in pay, based on what his market value could be outside of Impact Wrestling. We are told that Kross has also raised some concerns about how he is being used from a creative standpoint, but the major issue that has caused the schism between the two sides is financial.

Sources indicate that Kross, unhappy with his current pay scale, pushed for a six-figure guaranteed deal that would bring him far more than he was currently making working for Impact.

The Impact side of the story is that Kross was offered and agreed to a deal a year ago when he was relatively unknown (on a national level) and that Kross agreed to those terms. Now that Kross has had a year on their TV (raising his profile obviously) and voiced his financial concerns, we are told that Impact countered with an offer for a new, restructured three-year deal but that that money offered was well below the six-figure per year deal Kross was looking for. We are also told that Kross’ current deal pays him by the date, while he was seeking a more guaranteed deal that would pay him a base salary vs. paid by the date booked, since many Impact contracts don’t guarantee a set number of dates per year – and that Kross was pushing for a guaranteed salary.

After turning down the restructured deal, sources indicate that Kross asked for a release from his Impact contract a week ago, seeking to explore his options elsewhere. Kross has had WWE tryouts in the past and we are told there’s been interest in him there and in other places in recent months, so it wouldn’t be a far-fetched notion in the current pro wrestling landscape that he’d likely to secure a spot somewhere.

Thus far, we are told Kross' request for a release has not been granted and that Impact has no current plans to offer him a release. Kross, who debuted for the company in 2018, is under contract for several more years based on the deal he signed in 2018.

Relations between the two sides remain professional, we are told.

Kross appeared on the Impact tapings in Philadelphia as part of a program with Eddie Edwards, so he will be on TV for the next several weeks. Impact’s next TV tapings are in New York City in early June, which would be Kross’ next expected appearance.

For real Impact has not used him well lately that's damn sure. He came in and the guy was taking out talent backstage before his debut, and the momentum he had going with Aries and Moose was on point. When he broke out he was doing well, now he's playing Hide Kenny from Edwards with that feud going on. Granted I'm the guy to stick to the Contract you signed, but I'm glad he said something because right now they might be losing a megastar I feel in Kross if he leaves. The Man can legit scare you to death with his facial expressions or show intelligent he is with his words. He just needs to put together the Ring work more and he could legit be a top star in any Company if given the chance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pay the man.....only guy on your roster that isn't coming off like a geek since they pretty much ruined Moose.

Reactions: Cwalker

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not the greatest time right now Kross wanting out at one moment, and I'm hearing Scarlett and Grace could be gone as well if all goes badly in the next week or so. Get this the past Seven Months Grace has been with Impact without a Contract being signed by her. You would think they would of been on her about it especially since they signed some other Talents long term in the Knockouts Division. I hope neither lady leaves Impact.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

As PWInsider.com reported this morning, The Killer Kross-Impact Wrestling situation continues to be at a standstill. One of the underlying issues that was passed around over the weekend, as we noted, was that Kross refused to blade during his First Blood match against Eddie Edwards at Slammiversary, resulting in Impact having to track down fake blood the day of the show. We are told that beyond the concern about hepatitus C potentially spreading on an independent show in Indiana the week before the PPV, one of the reasons is said to have Kross refused to blade, according to sources, was that there were no outside medical personnel on hand at the show in Dallas, Texas and that there had been no pre-match testing.

As noted, Kross has not been booked since the Slammiversary PPV, and the word in the last 24 hours is that now that Impact is involved with the 9/15 AAA event in New York City, there has been pressure to remove Kross from that event as well. The reasons sources have pointed to is that this is due to concerns Kross will soon be suing Impact. There has been no lawsuit filed against Impact by Kross as of this morning, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Kross has not been booked by Impact Wrestling since his back and forth over a contract re-negotiation earlier this summer, leaving him contractually bound to the company, but not being utilized. Kross was actually in Toronto on family business the same time Impact taped there a few weeks back, but the company opted not to book him for the tapings. Among talents, there is a sympathy for Kross as a family situation precipitated Kross pushing for a higher-end deal and instead, he's stuck in suspended animation.

As PWInsider.com first reported earlier this summer, Kross had requested a release from the company after seeking a better financial deal from Impact, which offered a reworked three-year contract that was far below the six figure deal Kross was shooting for. Impact sources, at the time, told PWInsider.com that a release would not be granted but that everyone was still working together and was being professional. Kross still has two years left on his current deal, which pays him per appearance, so if he is not used, he is not paid by the company but remains bound to them legally.

During an interview with Petey Williams' podcast in June, Kross noted that he liked everyone at Impact and everyone had been professional with him, but intimated that when he signed his deal, he did so after being led to believe there were not other opportunities for him elsewhere. Now that he's learned there are, and he's aware of what others within Impact are getting paid, he sought to be paid something on that level or be allowed to be released and leave in order to have the chance to prove he could draw and earn that money elsewhere. Kross noted that he has family members he is responsible for and as a man, it's on him to provide for them. During that appearance, Kross noted that he wanted to stay with Impact if everything could be worked out. He made it clear it was not a case of trying to run and grab money elsewhere, but that his family situation left him with no choice but to push for a better deal.

As noted, Kross has not been booked of late and his t-shirt has been moved to the clearance area of Impact Wrestling's merchandise website. Kross has the option of wrestling independently outside of Impact, with the obvious exception of nationally televised promotions, unless he is released by the company. Given the situation, one should not expect to see Kross booked at this week's events in Las Vegas or perhaps. anytime soon.

This situation truly sucks to hear being a fan of Impact and Kross. I can't blame the guy for not wanting to blade, keeping him off TV Tapings has left a hole that you can't have right now especially after them losing LAX. It seems a release could be happening and to me that is Impact's loss if that occurs. Jesus losing LAX, Impact, and possibly Kross truly hurts my soul.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What JoJo promotion doesn't hire medical staff? Even the territories had a guy from the commission show up.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I feel like Impact won’t release him. Despite all of this, he’s one of their top guys. I didn’t realize he was being paid by appearance so this keeping him off tapings has to be pissing him off. I like Don Callis but this is definitely loltna

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This report made bring down that match down a half a star.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So more news going on. Kross is not gonna be booked for TV Tapings like we thought would happen Vegas and he has 18 Months left on his Deal that he signed. Impact offered him a 6 figure deal and he declined the offer, and I would of taken that deal in a heartbeat. From this new report I saw as Kross has hired a Lawyer through these discussions and Impact has said EMTs were present during Slammiversary and they offered him the fake blood so he wouldn't need to blade.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Killer Kross should have just bladed and shut the hell up, all this shit is makin' his character look weak.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Killer Kross should have just bladed and shut the hell up, all this shit is makin' his character look weak.
And get hepatitis like Nigel did.......real smart.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nigel got that through gay sex and never wanted to admit it. I thought we went through that before.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler