KING OF BTB: Round Two Results - ONGOING

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
CONTESTANT NUMBER FIVE:
@Tig

JUDGES' COMMENTS:

Tig, this was an excellent submission. Your entry was a compelling and creative take on William Regal, transforming him into a patriotic figure with a dark twist. The way you navigated his journey from a foreign heel to a staunch defender of America was brilliantly executed and your use of the background was superbly orchestrated and well organized. Great depth and useage here... but man I found himself wanting to see a fully written out version of Regal and Funaki ranking American fast food.

The segment at Tribute to the Troops was intense and really drew on emotions, especially considering the setting and the crowd involved. You managed to take a typically feel-good event and turn it into a moment of high drama and betrayal, which was both bold and effective. The dialogue, especially Regal's final words, was sharp and captured his character's essence perfectly.

One point of feedback is that while the idea of a heel using a pro-American gimmick is highly relevant and resonant today, it might feel slightly out of place in the early/mid-2000s context. That said, Regal’s versatility makes this work, and it’s a fresh and creative idea.

In terms of presentation, the entry was clean and easy to follow, but adding some bold or color formatting, especially during the pivotal moments like Regal’s attack on Cena, could have made the text stand out more and heightened the drama.

Overall, your entry was engaging, well thought out, and full of emotional depth. Great job!

Stojy
Dubb
Jam
Quality of Content (25)
23​
22​
22​
Creativity (15)
14​
11.75​
12​
Presentation/Format (10)
8​
8​
8​
45​
41.75​
42​

FINAL AVERAGE: 42.92/50

1. Tig 42.92

2. Wolf Beast 41.59

3. The Gipper 39.08

4. Man 37.42

5. Mach 30.33

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
And that's our first round!

Every submission was thoroughly entertaining so everyone should be proud of their work! Unfortunately, @Mach gets the elimination here - thanks for playing, bud. Hope to see you next time!

Congrats to Tig for the standout entry from Round 1!

@Tig @Belfast Ow @The Gipper and @Mandalorian all advance to Round 2!

Details for Round 2 will go up on MONDAY. I plan on giving you a three week deadline this time.

Reactions: Mandalorian

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Tony-Khan-AEW-Title-Tournament.jpg

Congratulations to our Semi-Finalists!
@Tig @Belfast Ow @The Gipper @Mandalorian

As we enter round 2, it's time to unleash your inner Tony Khan.

No, I don't want you to book a special announcement.

I want you to book...

A TOURNAMENT!

Your job:
Pick an actual tournament the existed at some point in wrestling history.
It could be the first ever King of the Ring. It could be WCW's Double Elimination Tag Team Tournament from from 1999. It could be any of the 382 from AEW's history. Any tournament!

Now...

REBOOK
the tournament.

Provide a backstory/summary of the tournament leading up to the Finals of the Tournament.
Then write out Final Match.

Rules:

-The tournament must have existed in real life.
-Can be a traditional tournament or even a round robin (G1/Continental Classic style).
-It can be any time period or any company.
-You do NOT have to use only the people in the tournament as it happened BUT you have to use people that were employed by the company* at the time of the tournament. So no STING winning the 1996 King of the Ring for example. This also means no using people who would've been deceased at the time of the tournament (No Andre the Giant winning the AEW Continental Classic).
*EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE: If the rules of the existing tournament allowed non-signed wrestlers to be in the tournament, but still be realistic. An example would be NJPW wrestlers in a AEW tournament for example, but a WWE wrestler wouldn't show up for a AEW tournament or a WWF worker can't show up for a WCW tournament. Basically keep it realistic to the time period/company.
-Must be a new concept and not one you’ve used previously in a BTB.
-Writing expectations: Some kind of summarization of the tournament leading up to the finals. 1 written out Tournament Finals Match.
-DM entries to me on the forum by the deadline below.
-Have fun!

DEADLINE:
Monday 16th September at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
Which is Tuesday 17th September at 02:59AM Eastern Time.
Which is Tuesday 17th September at 07:59AM British Summer Time.
Which is Tuesday 17th September at 4:59PM Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited:

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Grades have been tabulated and the results will go live tomorrow starting at NOON EST. Tune in to see who advances to the FINALS.

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Also, feel free to provide your own feedback to people's entries. These guys all worked hard on their entries so would love to have them get some feedback. Just in case people assumed this thread wasn't meant for anyone but me to post in, lol.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Damn that lucks hard too do.

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Results of Round 2 will begin to roll out shortly. The entries will be revealed in a staggered time frame throughout the afternoon.

The order in which the results will be revealed will be random.

The entry will come first, followed by a synopsis of the judges' thoughts/feedback followed by the scores.

But first, I must reveal some bad news.

Unfortunately, the contestant responsible for our top score in Round 1 - @Tig was unable to get in an entry this round and therefore he will be eliminated before I begin to post the results.

Which means we did get three entries for Round 2. The top scoring entries from this round will move to our FINALS!

Stay tuned!

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
ROUND TWO
CONTESTANT NUMBER ONE:
@Belfast Ow

JUDGES' COMMENTS:

Another strong entry from WolfBeast. All three judges thoroughly enjoyed the efforts here. Liked the increase in the number of competitors and it felt like there was a lot of importance put on the tournament. We all enjoyed your booking with how you effectively made each person/match up have some story behind it, especially highlighted by the story of Regal abusing his power but also the brother/brother stuff with the Hardys and the debut of Rob Van Dam while also giving the world another chapter in the RVD/Lynn rivalry. If anything, I was a bit disappointed that Regal got an early exit after how entertaining he was leading up but at the same time seeing him get his comeuppance at the hands of Tajiri was just as entertaining.

The match write up was superb and the psychology was strong. The story told with Angle trying to end things as soon as possible made sense and we also liked that you could already start to see the seeds planted for a face turn for Angle as he moves on to go up against the heel champ Stone Cold. The formatting was also really strong with great use of images, coloring, and bolding, getting near perfect scores from the judges.

The one area we knocked WB's entry a bit here was on creativity as while the booking was on point and logical, it was perhaps missing something that really made it stand out creatively. Angle winning back to back, while again makes for a good story and him getting a title shot is always going to be encouraged by me in this time frame, is perhaps not super exciting at the same time. But overall, its a pretty minor critique for an otherwise great entry.
Dubb
Stojy
Jam
Quality of Content (out of 25)212222
Creativity (out of 15)9.51010
Formatting/Presentation (out of 10)9.599
Total404141

FINAL AVERAGE: 40.67/50

1. WolfBeast/Belfast Ow 40.67

Last edited:

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
ROUND TWO
CONTESTANT NUMBER ONE:
@Mandalorian

JUDGES' COMMENTS:

Man takes a chance here with his entry with turning the King of the Ring into a tag team tournament instead of a singles tournament, thus making it the Kings of the Ring. The judges were split a bit on this decision but mostly agree on it being a creative direction to take the tourny though Stojy points out that it makes for some inconsistency with the actual PPV still being called "King of the Ring" but overall I think we were on board with this idea and give you props for making the shift. We all thought your background info was clear and concise as well as well formatted. Each team involved made sense and we liked how the stories were all intertwining with both one another but also with larger big picture things going on in the fed that added to the importance of the event. Highlights definitely included the Billy/Chuck/Rico drama and the Dudleys storyline.

The matches leading up to the finals were all, once again, well explained and the booking up to the finals we all thought was strong, if not a little predictable about what the finals would be as it was probably unlikely Stone Cold wasn't making it to the finals and it made sense for Guerrero and Benoit to as well in that case. The match, much like WolfBeast's, excellent write up, great storytelling throughout but I think overall the judges agreed that it somewhat took away from the entry and the significance of the first ever "Kings Of the Ring" tournament to have a makeshift team like Goldust and Stone Cold walking away with the win. It was also pointed out that perhaps the Stone Cold/Flair feud ended up overshadowing things a bit. If this was to continue forward as a tag team tournament, it would've been taken more seriously if an established team had won versus a main eventer paired with an often maligned, joked about wrestler.

That point aside, this was an equally strong entry. Effective use of graphics, no real formatting issues and the details were just enough to get to the point without over explaining things. Very entertaining entry, Man.

Dubb
Stojy
Jam
Quality of Content (out of 25)211920
Creativity (out of 15)12.51211
Formatting/Presentation (out of 10)899
Total41.54040

FINAL AVERAGE: 40.5/50

2. Man 40.5

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
ROUND TWO
CONTESTANT NUMBER ONE:
@The Gipper

The AEW Tag Division. Jesus. What a mess. People say it’s because of the trios division and that’s fair, a lot of the teams did get transferred but also I see a bigger problem. It's that its dealing with a PG Era Main Event problem, a RAW 2009 problem because it's me. Yeah you have the headliners, you have your cenas, HHHs & Ortons with FTR, Acclaimed, Young Bucks. Lucha Brothers were there for a bit but they're leaving and also they've been out of the tag division for a bit now, dealing with either trios or random International championship runs. But other than the main guys....Who else is built up? Who would even have a chance against the A-Listers? You have plenty of talented teams but nobody believes that they're gonna win the belt or if they do, they're just gonna lose it back to the A-Listers. Look at the title history, there's 14 reigns there yet you can't go 3 champions without it reverting. And this problem has never been more apparent than my topic today.

giwicqrw0aasdwz.png

The AEW World Tag Team Championship Tournament. Mouthful. We'll just call the Dynasty Tournament. The tournament held after Sting & Darby vacated the belts immediately after winning them. Alright. Let's go with the obvious first problem since I've alluded to it. FTR vs Young Bucks, everyone knew immediately that was the finals, they hoped for something else but it wasn't gonna be. FTR vs Young Bucks 4, that was the match that was gonna happen. Okay. I mean sure I guess, not my favourite idea.

But tournaments aren't always about that, they're about building up the stories and they did do that but the stories (OC/Trent, HoB/Copeland) were about singles feuds. Not really building any...stories in the tag division?

How about building up new stars, that will fix my main problem lets do it! None of these teams were built up at all. Infantry were given a video package around the time to build them up and then beat HoB due to interference and then lost to FTR and other than a random collision multi tag match, we never saw them on AEW programming again. And the rest like Top Flight, Private Party, Undisputed Kingdom...this never did anything for any of them, it didn't make us want to care them more or less, they were just...there.

So let's change that but before, we had some admin.

1. I have expanded the field a bit, I asked permission from Dubb and he said yeah. What was formerly 10 teams. Now there's 31 teams with 62 people. Whoops but this also proves my point, there's such a vast amount of teams in the tag division, why should we settle this for only a few at the top getting valuable tv time?

2. Since people are gonna be asking, I will say there's 30 tournament matches to be on 21 shows. That's like 9 shows, you have to double up on booking tag team matches, oh no. And also it will be helped by the fact that TK will start the tournament on the first Dynamite after Revolution. Not wait two weeks like they did in real life, why did he take so long? Did he not prepare the brackets in time? He knew Sting was retiring! It's also important to note that on the same press conference that the tag team tournament was announced, The Young Bucks publicly announce that they have an immediate buy into the next round so they will not be wrestling until Round 2!

3. Thirdly another minor thing, before each show where a tournament match is scheduled to take place, we get a nice 30 minute bracketology show on AEW's youtube. Nothing too fancy, just a panel show to help put the tournament over as a massive freaking deal and give it a little bit of a sports vibe, think a little bit like the analysis on Cruiserweight Classics/Mae Young Classics. On the panel would be hosted by ROHs play by play Ian Riccaboni who will be the guy to have all the stats/facts and stuff and two other guests both well versed in tag team wrestling, one being of course, one half of one of the greatest Tag Teams of all time, Mark Briscoe and also representing Team Heat, Jeff Jarrett (him and Lethal were on the shortlist for me to include in this tournament but I may have accidentally deleted them while figuring out Round 1 matches and didn't realise until I was in round 3. But if you would like to count this as a shot at Man for not including Jarrett? Sure, I beat him last round why not?) so they'll be giving their thoughts on matches and general ideas. But what matches? These matches.

screenshot-2024-09-18-06-38-24-png.86061

IN ORDER:
The Young Bucks (Matthew and Nicholas Jackson)
Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli)
The Righteous (Dutch & Vincent)
Katsuyori Shibata & Daniel Garcia
Tomohiro Ishii & Dalton Castle
Kings of The Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King)
Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal
Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin)
Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Barretta)
El Sky Team (Mistico & Volador Jr)
Death Triangle (PAC & Pentagon Jr)
Bryan Danielson & Eddie Kingston
FTR (Dax Hardwood & Cash Wheeler)
Bullet Club Wardogs (Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors)
The Don Callis Family (Kyle Fletcher & Powerhouse Hobbs)
Dark Order (John Silver & Evil Uno)
La Facción Ingobernable (Dralístico & RUSH)
Big Bill & Ricky Starks
Private Party (Zay and Quen)
Christian and Killswitch
Adam Copeland and ???
Out-Runners (Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum)
Lion Hook (Chris Jericho & HOOK)
Monstersauce (Alex Zayne & Lance Archer)
Spanish Announce Project (Serpentico & Angelico)
Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross Von Erich)
The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo)
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty)
The Gunn Club (Austin & Colten Gunn)
The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)

The Round 1 Matches

Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli) vs The Righteous (Dutch & Vincent)

Before the match Vincent grabs a microphone and starts to preach to the crowd and then to specifically to Mox of all people? Bringing up Mox’s recent journey to rehab followed by “Ya dig what I’m saying?” Which to put it planly. Mox did not dig what the cult leader was saying as he went immediately onto the attack on The Righteous followed by Claudio concluding in a decisive win for BCC as they move on.

Katsuyori Shibata & Daniel Garcia vs Tomohiro Ishii & Dalton Castle

In one of the more weird match ups in the entire tournament, old foes came into contact for the first time since the New Japan Cup 2017 Semi Finals as we see Ishii and Shibata go at it. And on the other half of the coin, we have the always theatrical Dalton Castle making a rare AEW appearance clashing with the coming into his own, Daniel Garcia. Garcia does do the dance on Dalton Castle and the man pulls a very gifable face. Shibata and Ishii obviously immediately tear into each other with exchanges that will make your chest sore, while Garcia and Dalton Castle show off their technical prowess by attempting multiple times to ground each other with submissions. But in the end Dalton Castle has Garcia ready for a BANGARANG until he is intercepted with a pump kick by Shibata! Garcia rolls through and applies the sharpshooter as Ishii goes for the save only for Shibata to be right there with a sleeper hold! Ishii tries to fight out of it ramming his enemy into the turnbuckle and giving him elbows to the midsection but Shibata keeps it tight long enough for Dalton to tap out to the sharpshooter! Shibata lets go of the hold but ISHII WANTS MORE! Not even a second out of the hold and Ishii is back in Shibatas face! Referee Bryce Remsburg quickly squeezes himself between them but Shibata refuses to stand down as Ishii stares him down. Ishii and Shibata then nod to each other and Ishii goes on his way, leaving more for the future.
Kings of The Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King) vs Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

….I don’t know why you chose this spoiler. You know the result of this one already. King of The Black Throne murder Daniels & Matt Sydal. Like maybe I could throw suspense and add some stuff about Malakai connecting to the Fallen Angel of Christopher Daniels but even in fantasy, I’m not putting the most thrown together team over Malakai & Brody of all people. They move on.

Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Barretta) vs Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin)
Next up is two teams that have been here from the beginning and yet neither of them have managed to win the tag belts, one because of injury, the other out of bad luck. The Best Friends still remained strong and one of the early favourites with Orange Cassidy, just coming off one of the most iconic title reigns in AEW history, stepping in as a substitute due to Chuck Taylor’s injury. The new tag team arrangement did immediately cause slight problems with Top Flight quickly taking control with their fast-paced offence, executing smooth tag combinations and high-impact manoeuvres that Best Friends couldn’t counter as effectively as the normal team maybe could. Cassidy’s trademark laid-back approach seemed to clash with Trent’s more focused aggression, leading to occasional miscommunications such as an unfortunate collision (not the tv show) while Orange Cassidy was attempting a dive onto Dante Martin who barely got out of the way, causing visible frustration from Trent. Despite the misstep, Cassidy and Trent do manage to regroup and mount a comeback, co-ordinating their offence much more and being successful even getting to the point that Orange actually HITS THE ORANGE PUNCH TO DARIUS MARTIN! Trent calls Orange to go for the cover but Orange hesitates? Trent is confused and a bit agitated but that is rectified when OC calls for the Strong Zero. In tribute to their injured friend, Orange calls for the finisher of the Best Friends and Trent goes for it. Orange tags him in, and Trent picks Darius up and sets him for a Belly-to-back piledriver as Orange Cassidy not typically the one to pull this off as he climbs up the turnbuckles. The problem they forget about though despite this being a touching tribute, this also gives Top Flight the opportunity to come back as suddenly we see Dante jump on the apron and throw Cassidy off! And before Trent can even register it, Darius rolls through out of the piledriver and instead scoops up Trent! Dante jumps from one rope to another before finally coming down on Trent as the team succeeds with the double springboard moonsault and powerbomb combo that they call Red Eye! 1-2-3! Top Flight advances! After the match concludes, Trent’s visible frustration and occasional glances of discontent towards Cassidy hinted at underlying tensions, Cassidy, on the other hand, remained his usual self, seemingly unaware of the brewing discontent.
El Sky Team (Mistico & Volador Jr) vs Death Triangle (PAC & Pentagon Jr)
PAC has returned for the second round of my submission but this one is very different as he teams up with Pentagon Jr, subbing in for Rey Fenix who is injured during this time and they face off against a team very famous in CMLL and to specifically Pentagon Jr, have a long and iconic history with. Ngl it’s exactly the match you would expect. Kicks, flips more flips, kip ups and also PAC kicking ass. It’s the perfect example of Lucha Libre, every Lucha Libre should have a PAC kicking ass. If you would like a specific reference point for this one thing, go check out the CMLL arena mexico from 26th July with Death Triangle vs Mistico, Volador Jr & Mascara Dorada, just remove the Fenix because again injured and Dorada. But the finish is different. In this final, heart-stopping sequence, PAC and Pentagon Jr. coordinate a spectacular double-team move as PAC launches himself from the top rope with a picture-perfect Black Arrow onto Mistico, while Pentagon Jr. executes a terrifying Fear Factor on Volador Jr. The referee counts to three, and PAC & Pentagon Jr. emerges victorious. Again go watch that match.

Bryan Danielson & Eddie Kingston vs FTR (Dax Hardwood & Cash Wheeler)

…I don’t need to tell you that this was a barn-burner, I don’t need to bring up that this was one of the best matches of the entire tournament. Look at the four guys and you know! Eddie recently finally gained Bryan’s respect but it’s going to take more than that to go against the well oiled machine that is FTR. Every time Eddie and Bryan gets the upperhand individually, they are immediately overwhelmed with Dax and Cash’s co-ordination skills and eventually Kingston gets knocked off the apron by a hard forearm from Dax. This leaves Danielson vulnerable, as FTR capitalizes on the moment. They hit the American Dragon with a series of quick double-team maneuvers, finishing with the devastating Big Rig. Setting them up as one of the favourites of the tournament.

Bullet Club Wardogs (Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors) vs The Don Callis Family (Kyle Fletcher & Powerhouse Hobbs)

Now here’s a match with some personal history, a surprise entry coming from NJPW making their first appearance in AEW and right into old ground as they immediately target one of the only United Empire members that wasn’t in the steel cage match, Kyle Fletcher. Drilla Moloney, one of the people who betrayed United Empire to join Wardogs so there’s obvious beef there that drives this match. Meanwhile at ringside we have Don Callis and Kyle Fletchers United Empire factionmate Will Ospreay as well as Gabe Kidd who loves a opportunity to talk shit and he does so throughout the match. We start off with Connors, true to his War Dogs spirit, using his wild intensity, charging at Hobbs repeatedly with shoulder blocks only to be eventually caught as Hobbs slams Connors down with a brutal belly-to-belly suplex, it only gets better from there as the two teams continue to go back and forth but eventually it ends with the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions hitting the ROH Television Champion with the Diving Spear and Cutthroat brainbuster combination they call Full Clip! The recovering Hobbs tries to get inside the ring but is stopped by Connors as despite Will Ospreay's efforts at ringside, Fletcher is unable to kick out as Moloney secures the pinfall. Gabriel Kidd and the War Dogs celebrate their victory while Don Callis, on commentary, argues in vain to protest the loss.

Dark Order (John Silver & Evil Uno) vs La Facción Ingobernable (Dralístico & RUSH)

Another match with history behind it as around this time it is shown on BTE that Preston Vance & Dark Order forgive each other but that doesn’t mean the stable that turned one of the Dark Order against their own will be forgiven just as easy, Dark Order go into this, determined. But unfortunately that doesn’t end up being enough as the sons of La Bestia del Ring immediately go on the offensive with multiple different devastating tag manoeuvres. There’s a couple of hope spots with John Silver getting the hot tag and cleaning house and even getting a double suplex to his opponents! But unfortunately when Silver goes for his patented Spin Doctor, Rush runs in with a diving chop block to the back of Silvers leg, allowing Silver to lose his base and Dralistico uses the advantage to slip out and instead trap John Silver in the La Mistica submission! John Silver tries to reach out to Evil Uno who is also still selling the injuries but despite one last attempt to break it up, he gets wiped out by just one superkick by RUSH. Silver realises that all hope is lost and that he taps out. No revenge for them today.
Big Bill & Ricky Starks vs Private Party (Zay and Quen)

The former champions come into this tournament with a chip on the shoulder, the most recent former champions with no chance of revenge against one of the men that took their titles, Sting but despite that, they are still full of confidence going into their match against the recently returning Private Party who despite putting the tag division on notice when they showed up, hasn’t made the impression they might have been desiring also coming off a loss as apart of a 12 man tag against the team of the Bang Bang Scissor Gang during Revolution’s preshow. So both teams trying to bring themselves back onto the right path. The story of this match is a good back and forth one, both teams trying everything they can in order to advance to the next round to face LFI! And in the end when it looks like it’s all said and done for Private Party and Starks stands there waiting to put the final nail in the coffin, he runs in, going for a spear on Quen but Quen catches him in a roll up! 1! 2! 3! ITS HAPPENED AGAIN JUST LIKE 2019!

Christian and Killswitch vs Adam Copeland and ???

The mystery about this match has been who would be the former Edge’s partner and team up with Ares to fight Copeland’s long term friend now turned bitter rival Christian. Some people speculated Gangrel, Beth Phoenix or even some people speculated for Okada himself to be the partner that Edge was looking for now that Okada has been officially signed to the company according to reports but none of those options ended up being correct as Matt Hardy ends up being the one to step out onto the stage! Without his brother Jeff who recently was on the end of a broken nose thanks to Sammy Guevara, Matt Hardy has gone back to an old friend turned rival turned back to friend. A lot of history between these three alone and also Killswitch is there. He makes sure to have his voice felt as he uses his strength multiple times during this match to his advantage, powering through the two veterans especially Adam Copeland who reached out for his tag partner. Who doesn’t reach back. Matt stands there emotionless as realisation dawns on Copeland. Matt Hardy does not forgive Copeland for what Adam did to him but that realisation is too late as the former Luchasaurus drags the beaten up Copeland back to his feet and slams him back to the mat with a ferocious chokeslam! One tag to Christian just to cover his tag partner as Matt stands there and we got a winner. As soon as the bell rings, Matt simply drops off the apron and with a small smirk on his face, he walks back up the ramp. This is Matt Hardy’s last appearance for AEW but he couldn’t leave without getting his revenge first and he sure got it alright.

Out-Runners (Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum) vs Lion Hook (Chris Jericho & HOOK)

An unlikely duo meets the “Youngest men alive”, Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum always as eccentric as ever meets the team of HOOK & Chris Jericho, it’s at this point that Jericho has decided to “take Hook under his wing” as to speak and to show him the ropes so he’s willingly signed up the team up for this. Not that Hook was really any kind of receptive to this idea. At first, it did seem that Jericho was gonna start the match off against Truth Magnum only for as soon as the bell rings, he tags Hook in instead with a smirk on his face. What a douche but that doesn’t seem to deter HOOK who immediately wastes no time judo throwing Truth Magnum to the ground and I wish it got better for the young team from here. But throughout the match HOOK continues to dismantle the Out-Runners with ruthless efficiency as Jericho stays on the apron, smugly shouting instructions without ever stepping foot in the ring. At the end, after reversing an run in attempt by Turbo, HOOK immediately locks in his signature REDRUM on Turbo Floyd, choking him out in mere seconds. Truth Magnum tries his best to break the hold but is caught by HOOK’s lightning-quick reflexes and dropped with a crushing shoulder capture suplex. As Magnum writhed in pain on the mat, Jericho yells at HOOK to "finish them." With cold precision, HOOK actually complies as he wraps Truth Magnum in the REDRUM as well, Magnum tapping out almost immediately before falling into a deep sleep as Lion Hook leaves the Out-Runners both lying unconscious on the canvas. LionHook could maybe be a dark horse pick of the tournament? Who knows?

Monstersauce (Alex Zayne & Lance Archer) vs Spanish Announce Project (Serpentico & Angelico)

Another guest coming from NJPW, Lance made a bold statement back in December that if Tony wasn’t scared then he would bring Monstersauce into AEW to let them run rampant over the division and looks like that was good enough for TK. On the other side we have the return of The Spanish Announce Project! Nyla Rose’s number one enemy and the former Lucha Underground Trios Champion come together to see if they pull the upset here and they don’t. They are obliterated unfortunately, every time Angelico and Serpentico try to insert their high flying styles, they were either immediately squashed like a bug by Archer or dodged by someone equally, maybe even more speedy than both of them and eventually mercifully, Archer takes out Serpentico with a blackout for 1-2-3.

Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross Von Erich) vs The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo)

A clash of classic wrestling legacy against the new-age aggression is next as The Infantry now being managed by Trish Adora hopes to go all the way but are stopped by the sons of Kevin Von Erich, who embody the gritty, tough, and resilient spirit that the Von Erich name is known for. Despite all of the fighting back and forth with both teams begging to prove themselves in this tournament, only one team does and that is the Von Erichs who beat the upcoming team with double Iron Claws! The match ends followed by a handshake between the two in the post match as the Von Erichs moved on in the tournament, demonstrating their tenacity and proving that the legacy of their family is still alive and well.

The Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Bennett & Matt Taven) vs Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty)
We have a little ROH Showcase for you now as the ROH Tag Team Champions make their appearance into the first round to fight the ROH Tag Team of Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarity in an first-ever match. Taven and Bennett quickly use their 9 years of experience teaming together to gain the upper hand against Lee only to be countered by the raw STRENGTH of the CEO that is Shane Taylor. As the match reaches its climax, Shane Taylor has Matt Taven ready and well prepared for the “Welcome to the Land” finisher. But unfortunately, before being able to execute the move, Mike Bennett suddenly starts shouting at the referee, causing a distraction. With the official’s attention diverted with the random distraction but it’s enough for Taven to take advantage and rake Shane Taylor's eyes! Blinding the big man momentarily. Shane’s partner, Lee Moriarty, realizing what was happening hastily runs over, pulling Bennett off the apron, stopping the distraction and leading to an intense brawl at ringside! The two men trade punches and hard strikes! But back in the ring, Taylor is still disoriented and Matt Taven capitalizes and hits him with the climax! Taven quickly goes for the pin as Moriarty, finally sees what has had happened and desperately slides back into the ring to break up the count only to be greeted by Taven smiling directly at him with his head resting on the back of his right palm. Moriarty was just a second too late and the ROH tag champs advance.
The Gunn Club (Austin & Colten Gunn) vs The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)

With the news that The Kingdom have advanced to the next round, the stakes are raised for the two teams that have temporarily teamed up in their bid to take down the Undisputed Kingdom as now only one team gets their chance to take their rival down and neither of the former rivals seem to be letting up. What starts as a friendly match between the duos starts to heat up as the time goes by, the comedic antics that plagued the first half of the match dissipates as both teams have revenge on their mind and only one can have it. Back and forth, forth and back. As the clock counts down, the action becomes more and more frantic. The Acclaimed and The Gunns exchange desperate near-falls, each trying to avoid the time limit draw. With just 30 seconds left on the clock, The Acclaimed find their opening. Bowens catches Colten with a surprise superkick, while Caster takes down Austin with a high-angle back suplex. With 10 seconds left, Caster ascends the top rope and delivers the Mic Drop elbow. The crowd counts down with the clock, and with 3 seconds to spare, the referee counts to three and The Acclaimed get their chance.

The Round 2 Matches
Young Bucks (Matthew & Nicholas Jackson) vs Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli)/The Righteous (Dutch & Vincent)

One of the most highly anticipated matches of the bracket. Which is shame since before the match even begins, as BCC make their way to the ring for the Young Bucks’ first match of the tournament, they’re immediately attacked by….House of Torture?! Ren Narita, Dick Togo, SHO, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & of course EVIL himself attack Mox and Claudio before they can even jump the barricade! The House Of Torture very interestingly missing one recently new member but they still make their presence known against the newly crowned IWGP World Heavyweight Champion! Like dogs ripping at their prey, Mox and Claudio, very good fighters but even they can’t take on 4 people by themselves as Young Bucks watch from the sidelines. Once the NJPW stable finishes their meal, they throw the remains of a bloodied Mox and Claudio into the ring with one last massive smirk on the face of EVIL, definitely not teasing any scapegoats here, nope. Bucks respond with a concerned look on their face as the stable make their exits but it’s not until they do that the Bucks look back at their opponents and go…Well a match still has to happen, whoops. Matthew and Nicholas Jackson then call for the bell and in what in unquestionably the shortest matches in the tournament and maybe AEW history, BCC are eliminated via pinfalls.

Katsuyori Shibata & Daniel Garcia/Tomohiro Ishii & Dalton Castle vs Kings of The Black Throne (Malakai Black & Brody King)/Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

This one is another hard hitting team for the team, people are already calling the new version of Sting and Darby but this time both of them have to deal someone much larger than either Dalton Castle or Ishii, Brody King. In the end, they do eventually get the win over the former trios champion but that wasn’t without some help from HOB’s current rivals and good allies to specifically Shibata and Garcia, Adam Copeland and Eddie Kingston who distracted the spooky duo enough for Shibata & Garcia to take full advantage

El Sky Team (Mistico & Volador Jr)/Death Triangle (PAC & Pentagon Jr) vs Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Barretta)/Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin)

Another highflying team for PAC & Penta and another well established team with an obvious substitution for Top Flight! But unlike Trent and OC, PAC and Pentagon Jr have a lot more strategy going for them as they immediately target the leg of Dante Martin! The leg that put Dante out for almost an entire year after landing poorly from a Canadian Destroyer from a ladder through four tables. And who gave him that Destroyer you ask? Pentagon Jr of course so he knows for sure, that leg is a weak spot and they target it heavily! But despite that, Top Flight still manage to pull arguably another upset with Darius hitting a ripcord facebuster on Pentagon Jr in a way avenging his brother

Bryan Danielson & Eddie Kingston/FTR (Dax Hardwood & Cash Wheeler) vs Bullet Club Wardogs (Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors)/The Don Callis Family (Kyle Fletcher & Powerhouse Hobbs)

The scrappy outsiders face the established team. Through crafty means and in what may be the upset of the entire tournament, Drilla Moloney and Clark Connors sneak out the win via use of a exposed turnbuckle and a roll up of the tights! Dax is the one that gets pinned and to say he is shocked would be a massive understatement as the Wardogs celebrate like they’ve just scored a goal in the world cup!

Big Bill & Ricky Starks/Private Party (Zay and Quen) vs Dark Order (John Silver & Evil Uno)/La Facción Ingobernable (Dralístico & RUSH)

Now for another tournament match, this time with LFI taking on Private Party. Private Party coming off a massive upset over the former champions trying to achieve another one over the La Facción Ingobernable who make it clear in the pretapes that they will be bringing the championship back to their family. And now they are one step closer to that gold because after a good battle, Dralístico hits a stunning springboard hurricanrana, sending Quen crashing into the corner. He then tags Rush, who is there to seals the victory with a brutal Bull’s Horns on Quen. Kassidy goes to break it up but Dralistico stops him with a forearm! LFI picks up the hard-fought win, advancing to the next round of the tournament.

Out-Runners (Turbo Floyd and Truth Magnum)/Lion Hook (Chris Jericho & HOOK) vs Christian and Killswitch/Adam Copeland and ???

Christian goes from fighting one former tag partner to fighting another. Huzzah! This match is essentially Killswitch vs HOOK for a majority of it. Very David and Goliath esque and this isn’t for any good reason, it’s just that Christian and Jericho immediately decided to abandon the match altogether and go to the commentary desk. It’s all friendly chatter for the most part until we reach the later stages of the matches, the more nearfalls we get, the more we see Christian and Jericho get more invested like they’re betting on horses. Soon they start arguing about who’s gonna win and then this causes Jericho and Christian to re-enter the match not to actually help their teammate but to prove that their team is better. This turned about to be costly as soon as Christian and Jericho tagged themselves in, Chris immediately catches Christian off guard with a codebreaker! 1-2-3! Lion Hook is going to quarter finals as Jericho once again seems to be chuffed at teaching Hook new lessons.
Monstersauce (Alex Zayne & Lance Archer)/Spanish Announce Project (Serpentico & Angelico) vs Von Erichs (Marshall and Ross Von Erich)/The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo

The Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Bennett & Matt Taven)/Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty) vs
The Gunn Club (Austin & Colten Gunn)/The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)

An anticipated match follows as The Acclaimed have been waiting to get their hands on The Kingdom for months now and this is their opportunity and just in case The Kingdom try any tricks since both Strong and Adam Cole (in a wheelchair) are here, The Acclaimed are accompanied to the ring by not only Daddy Ass and the Switchblade Jay White but the team that the Acclaimed barely defeated last round in the Gunns. The full group is here as the bell rings and The Gunns immediately run over and start attacking The Kingdom! Adam Cole starts shouting but there’s nothing he can do as Roderick Strong, Matt Taven and Mike Bennett start to get beat up by Jay White and Austin & Colten Gunn! Obviously The Acclaimed are immediately disqualified with the Kingdom advancing! But that is not the main point currently as the Acclaimed run over and pull off The Gunns in a similar way to how it turned out in real life with Jay White offering Caster and Bowens their hits in on the fallen Kingdom with both of them declining, Billy Gunn specifically trying to talk some sense into Jay which the Switchblade returns the favour with hastily grabbing a nearby chair and slamming it into the head of the assman! The beatdown then turns onto the Acclaimed! Ending it with a tag belt to the head of both Caster and Bowens, Bullet Club Gold have taken down everyone in their path as the Kingdom does still advance but at what cost?

Quarter Finals #1

Yeah The Kingdom…The Kingdom doesn’t have a good night this night, the ROH Tag Champs who were viciously attacked by Bullet Club Gold now have to face a destructive force in the ring, Monstersauce who have been dominant so far in the tournament. They give it the best shot but in the end Alex Zayne hits Matt Taven with the taco driver for the 1, 2, 3.

Quarter Finals #2

Well to a lot of people, this is a very surprising quarterfinal but here we are never the less. Jericho obviously once again tags HOOK in having done…one move this entire tournament so far. But RUSH specifically takes a issue with this, wanting to prove his dominance against a former World Champion and a legend of the business appeals to him. So what RUSH wants, he goes to get. Jericho, feeling a bit uncomfortable jumps off the apron with RUSH following him, Jericho rushes around the ring only to slide back in and hit a basement dropkick! Jericho jumps up, feeling quite proud of himself. He even takes a high five from Hook, he’s so proud. Hook then immediately leaves the ring. It then dawns on Jericho that he’s just tagged himself into the match and the look of dread seems to soak in as Hook makes his exit and Dralistico & RUSH emerge on the apron behind him. Let’s just say LIJ advances and leave it at that huh?

Quarter Final #3

The Young Bucks face their first true challenge in the quarter finals as they take on the valiant team of Shibata and Garcia. The Bucks' high-flying, fast-paced offense going up against Shibata's hard-hitting, no-nonsense approach and Garcia’s technical mastery. But the problem here is that by this point, the Young Bucks are still fresh meanwhile Garcia and Shibata have taken some wear and tear so to speak, it’s been a long time since Shibata did a G1 for example and unfortunately the EVPs are there to take advantage. In the final moments, the Bucks reverse a double-team attempt from Shibata and Garcia, hitting stereo superkicks on both men. As Shibata staggers, the smile on Matthew and Nicholas’ face as they take the man who almost died because of a blood vessel in the space between the skull and the brain was damaged….and they set him up for the Meltzer Driver. In a sickening display the Meltzer Driver connects perfectly for the decisive pinfall. The Young Bucks secures the win, advancing in the tournament.

Quarter Finals #4
On the go home Collision, the last quarter finals take place as the rowdy IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions have managed to turn multiple heads in their recent wins over FTR & Kyle Fletcher/Powerhouse Hobbs but on the other side their opponents have also defeated massive names in the AEW company with their wins over Orange Cassidy & Trent as well as Pentagon Jr & PAC. From the opening bell, the War Dogs try to slow down Top Flight, using their physicality to ground the high-flying brothers, continuing what PAC and Penta started with the attack on the leg of Dante Martin, leaving Darius Martin again to fend off both guys and the interferences from Gabe Kidd at ringside but Dante does contribute by the end of the match by jumping off the top rope to deliver a massive springboard moonsault to the outside, taking out both Connors and Kidd. Darius then followed up with a perfectly timed ripcord facebuster on Moloney, securing the pinfall victory.

Semi Final #1

The semi finals start with the “unstoppable force vs immovable object” match of the tournament as for the first time so far RUSH and Dralistico find themselves to be on the back foot at first, struggling like a few of the teams to find a way to deal with the eccentrics of Alex Zayne as well as the raw power of Archer who throws Dralistico around like he’s shooting a little ball of paper into the trash. Dralistico tries his best to turn the momentum by jumping off the ropes to hit Archer with a springboard codebreaker! But it looks like he lands badly! The referee rushes to Dralisticos side to check if he’s alright but Dralistico looks to be in agony with even Zayne looking on but while all of this is going on, Archer is resting on the bottom rope, perfect position for Rush to grab his trusty camera cable from ringside for the first time this tournament. He wraps it around Archer’s neck and pulls from behind the referee’s back, choking the big man and causing him to falter. The crowd gasps as Archer struggles and we see Alex Zayne catching on and trying to alert the referee to what is happening but the referee is paying more attention to the health of Dralistico who is suddenly feeling a lot better as he darts across the ring and nails Alex with a corkscrew kick! Quickly capitalising on the opportunity before him, Dralistico runs towards the top rope and hits the Estrella Fugaz otherwise known as the Shooting Star Press onto Lance Archer and that is a three count!

Semi Finals #2
It’s important to mention that this is happening on the Rampage before Dynasty happens. Which takes place immediately after the last Collision before Dynasty, what a coincidence that would highly favour the team that’s going against Top Flight, the team that’s already had a match tonight. I wonder who that could be… Top Flight is already in a very bad shape. They’ve been throught 3 hellacious matches against some of the best teams on the planet and have come out the other end meanwhile The Young Bucks got a bye the first round, pinned Mox & Claudio after they were beat down by HOT and then faced Shibata & Garcia and gave Shibata a meltzer driver. So you know…one of them is more healthy physically and I would argue one is arguably more healthy….mentally because they didn’t do that shit to Shibata. Nicholas and Matthew Jackson start fast, using their quick offence to overwhelm Top Flight early, a strategy that normally wouldn’t work completely against Top Flight but due to how exhausted they are, they can’t reach the speeds they normally can. This gives the momentum straight to the EVPs who use it wisely. But Top Flight, despite the pain and fatigue, refuse to stay down. That is until Darius gets taken out with a superkick by Matthew and leaves us with the injured Dante vs Bucks who isolate him in a corner. Again more targeting of the leg, third match in a row now, Dante’s leg may as well be falling off at this point. The Young Bucks are just playing around at this point but they eventually get bored and get Dante ready for the EVP Trigger. But it’s only then that Dante suddenly pushes his whole body back just in time for the Bucks’ knees to clash with one another! Both the Bucks recoil in pain as suddenly Darius is back in the picture to take out Matthew with a dropkick! Dante sees his moment and Darius knows what to do as he picks up Nicholas, they only have one opportunity and they gotta take it! DANTE BOUNCES OFF THE ROPES! RED EYE! 1! 2! 3! BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH, THEY PULL IT OFF.

Final
[/CENTER]
Top Flight​
Tag Name​
La Facción Ingobernable (Dralístico & RUSH)​
Dante Martin & Darius Martin​
Member Names​
Dralistico & RUSH​
5'11 & 6'1​
Height​
5'9 & 6'0​
25 Wins -11 Losses​
AEW Tag Record​
5 wins - 1 Loss​
Minnesota​
Hometown​

Jalisco, Mexico​

The bell has sounded, it's time for the championship bout to get underway!

Both teams stand across the ring from each other, on one side the sons of La Bestia del Ring, lucha is literally in their blood. On their way here, they beat teams like Dark Order & Private Party, teams that just like Top Flight were considered underdogs who were on the verge of breaking out and winning the AEW Tag Team Championships but couldn't get there. On the other side you have Top Flight that have scratched and clawed every single step of the way getting here, beating teams nobody thought they would, beating teams like the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Bullet Club Wardogs as well as the EVPs of the company, the Young Bucks, teams that just like LFI use a mixture of mental games as well as aggression to get their own way. One of these teams will be able to call themselves the AEW Tag Champions for the first time in their career, it's just a case of which one it will be. Both sets of Brothers look up to the belts hanging up the ring, they know what they need to do. It's now time for action.

Dante immediately runs in meeting Rush as it quickly devolving into a slugfest, exchanging fists left and right. RUSH, the better striker begins to get the better of the exchange, burying a foot deep into Dante’s midsection before forcing him into one of the corners. RUSH grabs Martin into a front face lock, continuing to punch him in the gut before throwing them to the outside. Meanwhile Darius Martin and Dralistico go one on one as Darius takes Dralistico down multiple times with several arm-drags. Dralistico bounces back though, responding with a tilt-a-whirl headscissors followed up by a dropkick to the chest. As Darius gets to his feet, Dralistico smirks wryly. He and Darius would go back-and-forth once more with Dralistico rushes Darius again, only for Darius to leap up with a stunning leapfrog. As Dralístico bounces off the opposite ropes, Darius greets him with a lightning-fast dropkick of his own that sends the brother of RUSH stumbling back. Sensing an opening, Darius rushes in for a follow-up, but Dralístico spins around and nails Darius with a stiff snap kick to the midsection, halting his momentum.

With Darius momentarily winded, Dralístico seizes the moment, hooking him for a snap suplex. But Darius counters mid-lift, flipping over Dralístico’s back and landing behind him. In one fluid motion, Darius hits the ropes and explodes with a beautiful spanish fly planting Dralístico hard into the canvas. Meanwhile RUSH on the outside goes to bring the first of the many ladders propped up all around the ring into the match. Grabbing the ladder up in both hands, waiting for Dante to get to his feet and rams the point of it straight into the opponent’s torso that sends him crashing down. Rush proceeds to show an impressive display of strength by lifting the ladder above his head and slams it on top of Dante! The tag wrestler grimaces as he tries to shake off the pain coursing through his body. RUSH goes back for another shot with the ladder but this time Top Flight catches Rush off guard as Darius flies out to hit RUSH with a Tope Suicida! RUSH drops the ladder as he goes down! Top Flight regroup for it's only for a small bit as just for a millisecond they forget that RUSH also has a brother who flies at them with a moonsault! Off the charts to start the match! Darius tries to get up only to be dazed by Dralisto driving a sharp forearm into Darius' face then whipping him hard into the barricade. Darius Martin crashes into the steel, but before Dralístico can capitalize, Martin uses the barricade to leap up and catch Dralístico with a hurricanrana, sending him flying into the ladder that Rush dropped!

Dralístico clutches his back in pain as Darius Martin quickly tries to capitalize, eyeing the downed ladder, picking it and sliding the ladder under the bottom rope. However before he can slide back in himself, he’s interrupted by RUSH who lays into him with repeated kicks to his opponent until Darius Martin slumps down and RUSH follows up by a running knee to the mentee of Mr Kennedy while he is seated, sending the back of Darius' head into the ring apron! The brutality on show by both teams tonight is insane. RUSH smirks as he sees Dante coming to Darius' aid, but RUSH sidesteps, catching the older brother with a stiff chop to the chest that echoes around the arena. Dante staggers as RUSH grabs him by the arm and whips him hard into the steel steps. But Dante uses his speed to leap over the steps at the last second, bouncing off the barricade and launching himself back toward RUSH with a beautiful springboard mushroom stomp! RUSH goes down but so does Dante, holding his left leg in pain. The leg still giving him issues but Dante is still able to get back into the ring.

Grabbing the ladder, he immediately sees Dralistico coming back into the ring, still holding his back. It's at this moment that Dante shoves the ladder over to fall onto Dralistico! Dralistico catches it! Dante grabs the grounded part of the ladder and picks it ups! Both men tug of war for the ladder! Dralistico pulls! Dante pulls back! Dralistco pulls! Dante pulls back! Dralistico then has a idea as he pushes with Dante in his direction, and smashes him into the turnbuckles!

Dralistico uses this opportunity to sandwich the ladder inbetween the top and middle ropes, trapping Dante! And then the real onslaught happens. Dralistico lays on the punches, Dante does his best to defend himself but it's just too much. Just as the crowd roars, Darius Martin rushes to his brother’s aid. He sprints and leaps onto the middle rope, trying to punch Dralistico away, but RUSH suddenly intercepts him with a nasty looking headbutt, sending Darius crashing hard to the floor before he can even land a blow! Now that LFI Brothers have Top Flight exactly where they want them. RUSH steps back, a smirk spreading across his face, before sprinting toward Dante and delivering his signature Bull’s Horns dropkick straight into the ladder. The ladder slams into Dante’s chest, crushing him into the turnbuckles with such force that his entire body jerks from the impact. As Dante reels in pain, Dralístico takes control. He grabs Dante's left leg, pulling it over the top rung of the ladder and wrenching it in a brutal stretch, applying intense pressure. Dante's face contorts in agony, his leg twisted unnaturally while his body remains pinned.

Seeing the opportunity to deal more punishment, Dralistico goes outside and sets up a ladder to rest on the ring apron to the barricade. Meanwhile Darius, still a bit woozy from the headbutt but determined to turn the tide, grabs a steel chair from ringside and slides back into the ring, wielding it with purpose. He swings the chair at RUSH, catching him off guard and sending him reeling into the corner with a resounding clang. RUSH crumples, stunned by the impact, giving Darius a window of opportunity as his attention turns to Dralistico. Darius runs the ropes and comes at Dralistico with another Tope Suicida but this time armed with a chair to the face of Dralistico! Darius runs back into the ring and removes the ladder holding Dante hostage, catching Dante in a hug between brothers to check if he's okay. And then Dante falls to the corner as Darius decides to put a end to this as he sets up a ladder in the middle of the ring, ready to climb it but of course, Rush quickly intervenes, grabbing Darius by the leg and attempting to pull him down but Darius kicks him away before jumping off and hitting a Step-in Flatliner! Didn't get all of it due to the unpredictability of ladders but got enough. Darius gets up and tries to climb again but this time it's Dralistico running with a chair shot to the face, using the chair that Darius used against him with a cut over his eyebrow now making an appearance and pissing him off as he lays in the blows on Darius now. Dralistico then sets Darius up in the corner with the chair perfectly timed for RUSH to come with in the Bull's Horns to completely knock Darius out.

RUSH then goes to climb the ladder now and tells Dralistico to keep the opponents down. Dante is back up however somehow and as Dralistico turns to stop him he is dropped with a nasty canadian destroyer! But again the left leg! The one that took him out for nearly a year, the one that has been ruthlessly targeted this entire tournament by madmen like PAC & Penta or Drilla & Connors, even Bucks had their own shots at the leg and it all comes back to that as RUSH is almost at the top of the ladder but out of desperation and a need to not let his family down, Dante grabs onto the bottom rung and starts to make his way up but he's not gonna get there in time! And RUSH has noticed him...and a demonic smile is plastered on his face. RUSH is there, he can get the briefcase but he stops himself and watches Dante in nearly impossible levels of pain and discomfort but he still tries to fight on! The fighting spirit of Top Flight lives on as Dante hits the ladder out of adrenaline meanwhile RUSH...beckons him on. He wants this. He wants Dante to get up there and fight him, he demands it of the Top Flight member. It's almost sadistic as Dante does indeed fight through everything and slowly climbs one rung at a time until RUSH just punches him in the jaw as soon as Dante gets into range! A solid onslaught of blows determined to knock Dante Martin back down as RUSH gets Dante with a forearm but Dante returns with a strike of his own! Rush almost falls back out of surprise but it's now time for Dante to get his punches in and he does! He punches with everything he has left! He's so close! Only RUSH to grab Dante's throat and pulls him in for a sickening headbutt! Then smashes Dante's head against the ladder! RUSH taunts him more. Almost close to laughing as the predator gets ready to kill the prey, he pulls Dantes head back to reveal the now busted nose of Dante from the ladder shot. RUSH suddenly pulls Dante in close and whispers something into Dantes ear that the microphones can't pick up, we don't know what he says but before we can theorise on what that is, RUSH hooks Dantes arm, grabbing his waist and pulls him up. The crowd go wild as RUSH suddenly hits Dante with an overhead belly to belly suplex off the ladder through the ladder bridge on the outside! The ladder cracks immediately under the pressure! Dante arches his back in agony as the fans chant “Holy shit!” over and over! Both men are out, taking each other out of the contest!

Leaving just one. Dralistico, still recovering from the Canadian Destroyer, sits in the corner, gob smacked at what just transpired at what his own brother just did. But realising that time is of the essence so Dralistico uses the ropes to pull himself up and climbs up the ladder, same side as his brother just was, Dante and RUSH have not moved, Darius is starting to stir but it's too late! Dralistico doesn't wait like his brother, he grabs the belts! LFI DOES IT! Dralistico and RUSH are the new AEW Tag Team Champions! Dralistico has both championships in his hands and holds them up for the camera in celebration as the medics rush to RUSH and Dantes side! Both teams gave it all they had but only one could get it done! Dralistico climbs down the ladder with the championships so he can see to his brother who is just making his first movements since he did the move...

An insane match to end a insane tournament and to start a new reign of new endless directions? Will Monstersauce get their revenge for Rush strangling them in the semis? Will Jericho get his revenge when he brings in the Learning Tree in a few months? Young Bucks, Acclaimed, The Kingdom, Shibata & Garcia, Bullet Club Wardogs all have logical reasons to get a shot at the gold but those are stories for a different time when i can learn how to write fast...

JUDGES' COMMENTS:

We couldn't help but admire the balls on Gips to turn this AEW tag team tournament into a whopping 31 teams with 62 people. Jeez. Also you obviously put a lot of work into this by electing to detail out every single round of the tournament. We definitely liked that you spelled out your thought process here and the intentions of using the tournament to elevate the younger talent. I think with that in mind, you certainly did that effectively by having Top Flight go through to the finals and also giving LFI more focus than they've ever had.. No doubt that Top Flight is a talented duo that (partly due to injuries) have not progressed in the last four years like people probably thought they would, so great to se them highlighted. But your booking here of focusing on the youth in the tournament works out well.

The match write up was solid but comes in below WolfBeast and Man's - I think the way they wrote theirs and laid it out added more drama to the match. The "Tale of the Tape" was a nice little addition though that was cool and really helped highlight both teams more.

Unfortunately, we all agreed that there was just too much going on in this entry. The formatting with the spoilers were both a little difficult to navigate/confusing at times especially once we got past the first round with the 2nd round listing each possible team, creating a big jumble of words above the spoilers... before completely abandoning any type of headlines for the following rounds which made it hard to follow. I'm also pretty sure one of the second round matchups was missing all together. I also felt like the booking of the opening round was a little uneven with some teams getting the jobbers while we gave away Danielson/Kingston vs. FTR in the first round... I know there's a "luck of the draw" aspect, but I think there could've been some benefit to giving them both some momentum in the tourny first.

All that said, we did admire the effort you put into this Gip. The content was good and you obviously put a lot of thought behind the booking and we definitely highly encourage you to bring your talents to a full time BTB here in the section!

Dubb
Stojy
Jam
Quality of Content (out of 25)161518
Creativity (out of 15)10.589
Formatting/Presentation (out of 10)546
Total

FINAL AVERAGE: 30.5/50

2. Man 40.5
3. Gipper 30.5

Last edited:

Dubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Unfortunately, that means Gip is the low man out this round. Thanks for playing Gipper - we definitely enjoyed reading your stuff. Please start a BTB!

And congrats to WolfBeast and Man as they advance to the finals.

I will post the Finals information tomorrow!