Kevin Bacon makes Awkward Discovery.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Who hasn't played Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon – that game in which it appears everyone has a link to the handsome actor?

But Bacon's own wife of 23 years (and mother of their two children, son Travis, 22 and daughter Sosie, 19), Kyra Sedgwick, has more of a link to her husband than she or anyone else might have imagined. They are distant cousins.

The revelation comes courtesy of the Sunday night PBS show on genealogy, Finding Your Roots.

The program, which uses DNA searches, is hosted by Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates, Jr., who, reports Zap2It.com, says the married couple "are indeed distant cousins. So talk about six degrees of separation, right?"

As for what good all this uprooting of family trees can do, Gates is also quoted as saying, "I want ... Americans [to] realize how united we are as a people. ... There's so much animosity ... and one of the things that I want the series to do is to show that, deep down, we are all Americans. We've been sleeping together from the very beginning of the country."

Weird wonder how...Distant it is.

Not even sure how I'd react to that they've been together quite some time too.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
My Grandparents are distant cousins, they've been married over 50 years. They dont care at all, doesnt affect us.

Well, except for the ocassional inbreeding joke tossed out when everyones liquored up.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That's kind of fucked. But I don't know man. They seem happy together, I don't think this should affect that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
In side news he found out Canadian Bacon was just ham.