Keith's Randomish WWF/E and WCW TV Show reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will have fifty TV shows from both companies made up of 20 Raws and 20 Nitros with episodes of Superstars, Challenge, Worldwide and WCW Saturday Night making up the other ten. Its up to you guys to pick a number (between 1-50) and which ever show is assigned to that number I will review. I'm not sure yet if I will do all fifty I might stop at a certain number. Ones that aren't used I might use again at a later date. So if someone wants to pick the first number we can get under way?...

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

22 is WWF "RAW!!!" October 19, 1998

City: Milwaukee, the Bradley Center

On the post-Judgement Day show Vince has a parade to celebrate firing Stone Cold for not crowning a new WWF Champion at the PPV. McMahon gathers the whole WWF roster in the ring announcing a 16-man one night-tournament to crown a new champion at Survivor Series. The Boss guarantee's a new champion on that night:lol He puts every superstar on warning not to cross the boss. In the line of the night Vince claims firing Austin was "better than sex":thumbs: This is a classic Mr. McMahon promo during with great heat as the crowd chant "We want Austin" and "Asshole, Asshole". Vince is less happy when Austin appears on the Titan tron outside the arena with hunting gear. Vince sells his fear to perfection.

Ken Shamrock VS. X-Pac
A non-title match between the new IC Champion and the European champ. We see footage of Shamrock winning the title against Pac in the tournament final last week on Raw. We also see Shamrock putting DX leader Triple H on the shelf by slamming a car door on his knee the previous night on Heat. Plus a video of DX hanging out with rock band Motley Crue including that scumbag Tommy Lee. Like most matches on Raw during this era this is a very brief match with two talented workers given little time to do much. Chyna gets arrested at ringside as part of Mark Henry's sexual assault claim. Mankind currently fending with Shamrock comes out and puts the mandible claw on in front of the ref, yet there's no DQ?... Pac uses the distraction to nail Shamrock with the face buster and steal the win. **

The cops who arrested Chyna talk to Stone Cold outside the arena. Instead of arresting him or asking questions they pal around and get his autograph for their kids. Vince goes nuts in the back:BigGrin: A local cop refushes to put his life on the line when Vince demands he goes after Austin.

The Headbangers VS. L.O.D. (W/Hawk)
The Headbangers mock the new Age Outlaws with fake tag title belts before the match. Its a sloppy affair. A double Bangers flapjack on Droz looks dodgy. The Headbangers get a cheap roll up victory when Droz is distracted by Hawk. 1/2

Abandoned by his stooges Vince only has Mankind and sheriff socko for company:blush He soon kicks his special friend to the curb when Foley tries to play twister with him:party:

Undertaker comes out with "Brother Paul Bearer". Confirming their reunion after Judgement Day. Taker says Bearer's evil vision was the reason behind bringing him back into the fold. Undertaker claims Bearer has refocused his mind and declares the start of a new faction known as "The Ministry of Darkness". This new stable would dominate much of WWF's storylines in the first half of 1999. Taker drops another bomb shell claiming that it was he who started the fire which burnt his brother Kane all those years ago. More forced soap opera from that hack Russo. Kane comes out and challenges his brother to a casket match later in the night. The match is booked for the main event meaning that not for the first time Russo has given away for free a PPV level main event:fpalm

Steve Blackman VS. Jeff Jarrett (W/Debra McMichael)
Debra and her famous puppies debut in Jarrett's corner. Interesting that WWF use her married name. Debra's soon to be ex-husband Steve McMichael was still employed by WCW at this time. These two never click and seem to be rushing through spots, including a Blackman roll through from a Jarrett top rope crossbody. A Jarrett DDT looks sloppy. The Lethal weapon takes control with a flying shoulder block but the Blue Blazer (Owen Hart) interferes for the cheap DQ finish. Post match Jarrett and Blazer double team Blackman. Al Snow makes the save but his head is distracted by Debra!:Smitten: Snow takes Jarrett's exploding gutiar shot. *1/2

Vince plans his escape from the arena but is captured getting into his limo by Austin. The Rattlesnake rolls Vince back into the arena bumping him into walls on the way.

The Rock VS. D-Lo Brown (W/Mark Henry)
A lively match with the Rock really starting to connect with the crowd. Both him and D-Lo have come along way. They start with a lively fast paced brawl back and forth. The Rock gains control with a smooth swinging neckbreaker. The future People's champion sneaks a low blow as Henry ties up the ref. Brown fires back with a facebuster, a running clothesline and some nice heel kicks. The Rock is sent to the floor and is nailed by Henry. Back inside D-Lo telegraphs a elbow drop and misses. The Rock hits a full away slam. A follow up DDT scores two. The People's elbow gets a big pop:mark: The Rock catches Brown coming off the top and hits the Rock Bottom for the three count. The heels double team him after the match keeping their heat. **1/2

Tiger Ali Singh mocks Americans for being peasants and eating savage foods like sausages:lmao As his servant Babu cooks up some long ones Tiger challenges anyone in the crowd to eat one. A plant accepts and enjoys it so much she eats two. The segment is broken up by the Godfather who claims the woman is one of his ex-hos. Singh and Godfather brawl setting up a fend with has zero prospects.

Austin toys with Vince. Making reference to the movies Deliverance and Misery. The Rattlesnake first forces McMahon into making pig noises then goes to find a sledge hammer promising to use on Vince's ankles like in Misery.

Mankind VS. Val Venis (W/Terri Runnels)
Some decent back and forth in another rushed match. The highlights being Val's side Russian legsweep and Mankind's double arm DDT. Mankind seems to have the match won with his mandible claw (with Mr. Socko) but Shamrock gains revenge nailing Foley in the knee with a chair on the blindside of the ref. Venis picks up the win. Mankind and Shamrock brawl to the back. For some reason the camera man misses most of the action. Goldust once again appears on the Titan Tron sending another message to Val and Terri claiming he will shatter Venis's dreams. Venis and Runnels argue afterwards. **

Austin says Vince's fate will be sealed by the result of the Casket match main event. If Kane wins the Rattle Snake will go easy on Vince and do things the easy way. But if Undertaker wins he will do things the hard/Stone Cold Steve Austin way:mark:

Casket Match: Kane VS. The Undertaker (W/Paul Bearer)
The Brothers of Destruction don't normally have good matches but given the amount of time and the gimmick this was an entertaining watch. Taker playing the heel of the match takes control by working on Kane's knee. A flying clothesline off the rope is followed by a DDT, but Kane sits up:mark: Kane then clotheslines his brother over the top rope and into the casket. The pair brawl inside, with Taker hitting a DDT. The lid is closed as they both brawl and end up destroying the casket meaning there can be no winner:lmao They brawl into the back. No contest. **1/2

With no winner in the main event Austin rolls Vince out to ringside to face his fate. JR and the King both sell the threat that Austin could kill the boss. Austin has the crowd in the palm of his hand with this gem, "If you want Vince's eyes to pop out the front of his head give me a HELL YEAH!":lmao Austin replays Vince's parade from the start of the show and teases he is about to shoot him, but of course the gun is a fake as a Austin 3:16 flag shoots out the front as Vince literally pees his pants:lmao More fun stuff from the Austin-McMahon fend though not as good as some of their other Raw classics. This fend was starting to lose a bit of steam and would peak early in 99.

Alright now someone else pick another number between 1 and 50 to decide which show I review next? These shows have been picked mostly at random so their promises to be some turkeys and hopefully some gems too...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm giving it a day before I post another number bc our members be lazy sometimes :smh

Also Terri in that thumbnail :homer:

Reactions: Keith

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
42, the answer of life.

Reactions: Keith and Chris

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
42, the answer of life.

For 42 I jump back a decade for WWF Wrestling Challenge October 4, 1987

City:
Rockford, Illinois at the Metro Centre

With the classic team of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "the Brain" Heenan :mark:

Cue classic 80's Jazz music!:D

This week we're on the road to the debut of the Survivor Series. Plus they hype up a big Intercontinental title match for Saturday Night's Main Event and the Piledriver album.

BTW for jobber matches I won't give ratings unless something stands out or is unexpected.

Jim Powers and Paul Roma VS. Rick Renslow and Dave Wagner
First thing Renslow and Wagner sound like a 80's buddy cop duo. They certainly don't look like wrestlers. I bet my Mum could whoop them:lmao Powers and Roma come out to the Jimmy Hart written and sung number Crank it Up off you guessed it the Piledriver Album! The song is cheesy, but catchy. Heenan and Hart both complain that the Young Stallions have nicked Jimmy's theme. Jimmy had it lined up for the Hart Foundation:lmao Exchange of the night, Heenan: "I sung a few notes on that record. They've compared me to Pavarotti." Monsoon: "What in size?":lmao Powers and Roma pick up the standard win with a Power's powerslam off the ropes.

Mean Gene's junior intern Greg DeGeorge who looks like he's still in school hosts a special report hyping up the Macho Man VS. Honky Tonk Man Intercontinental Title match on Saturday Night's Main Event. Both claim to be the greatest Intercontinental Champions of all time.

Hercules, King Kong Bundy and King Harley Race (W/ Bobby Heenan) VS. Brady Boone, Chris Curtis and Scott Casey
The muscly Scott Casey is the only stand out from the jobbers. Casey would make up the numbers as part of Jake Robert's team at Survivor Series 88. And that's about it for Mr Casey. Bundy's avalanche picks up the win for the Heenan family. Bundy wants a five count damn it!o_O

Mean Gene hypes up a big house show coming up including a 18 man Battle Royal. Gene runs down some of the names including "The Dingo Warrior". Yes Jim "the Ultimate Warrior" Hellwig had debuted under that name appearing on house shows mostly in late 1987. Warriors career would really start to take off the following year. A returning Mr. Wonderful cuts a naff promo claiming, "I will only kiss babies if their diapers are clean":lmao

The Bulldogs give kids a public health message. "Kids don't smoke it will mess up your lungs" Cue wavy green lines coming from Matilda:p

Bam Bam Bigelow (W/Sir Oliver Humperdink) VS. Shadow 1
A cool Bigelow drop kick:mark: following a cart wheel. He makes a mess of a press slam or maybe Shadow guy does? A sling shot from the outside in makes short work of the jobber. RIP to one of wrestling's great big men and his underrated manager.

Nothing Dino Bravo, Greg Valentine interview hyping up Rougeau match and Battle Royal.

Koko B. Ware Piledriver clip!:mark:

The Million Dollar Man (W/Virgil) VS. Jerry Allen

Dibiase is wearing a sharp black waist coat with purple trim. He gives the kid a bit of offence before taking control and finishing things with a crab/sharpshooter submission. I hope he charged Bret for stealing his move;)

Ron Bass interview where he rambles and talks like a hundred miles an hour. Someone get a translator. DeGeorge describes the Outlaw as a "Bushwacker" Luke and Bush wouldn't debut for another year...

Don "the Rock" Muraco VS. Classic Jobber Barry Horowitz
Horowitz actually gets a bodyslam in on the Rock. Muraco ends things with a tombstone.

Recap of Tito/Chico's beat down at the hands of Heenan's Islanders from Superstars.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan and The Rougeau Brothers VS. Danny Davis and The Hart Foundation (W/Jimmy Hart)
Rougeau gain a quick upper hand with a double team on Bret with a nice drop kick/slam combo for a two count. Duggan runs Neidhart and Davis' heads together. Hitman turns things for the heel team with a backbreaker on Jacques. The tag champs cut the ring off nicely. But Bret misses a running knee which hits Dangerous Danny instead. A fresh Raymond gets a sleeper hold on the Hitman. Jacques takes out Neidhart before he can break the hold. But Davis Raymond with the megaphone for the early DQ. Duggan clears the ring with his 2X4. **

Heenan/Bundy interview. The Brain claims Mr. Wonderful won't make it to the Battle Royal and that Bundy is the new Mr. Wonderful.

Macho and Honky promos give their SNME IC title match one lost push. I will cover that match another time.

Next number please?

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A show I haven't seen :WOW you want someone else to make a choice or should I go again lol

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A show I haven't seen :WOW you want someone else to make a choice or should I go again lol

Maybe give it a bit longer. If no one new picks a number feel free to jump back in.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fine :sadpanda

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Maybe wait a day. If no one else picks a number feel free to jump back in.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I'll take this dance if you don't mind Chrisey poo. How about 30 brother.

Reactions: Keith and Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I'll take this dance if you don't mind Chris How about 30 brother.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ask him once more @HoHo :p

I will make a note of 30. If no one new jumps in I'll go with it next. BTW 30 looks like it should be a good one :mark:

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
@Chris I was actually forgetting it was your turn! Do you want to go or are you happy to pass to @HoHo ? You can always have two picks next time. Oh wait scrub that @HoHo hasn't had a turn! So I will just do number 30. Chris can go next time...

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'll take this dance if you don't mind Chris How about 30 brother.

For 30 we jump back to the Attitude era and almost 20 years excately for WWF Raw is War May 1st, 2000

City: Baltimore, MD (Sold out Baltimore arena)

Its the night after the Backlash PPV and The Rock is the new WWF Champion after defeating Triple H in the main event with a little help from Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The Dudley Boyz VS. T&A (Test and Albert)
WWF Tag team champs Edge and Christian join JR and the King throwing out some of their hip slang talk. Their the most entertaining thing about the match. Trish is missing from T&A's corner after being put through a table at Backlash. The two teams have a decent enough back and forth, before the tag champs tie up the ref, Christian hits Bubba with the unprettier allowing Albert to steal the pin. **

McMahon-Helmsey Regime interview. Trips is probably pissed because Steph has a title and he doesn't :p Triple H moans that The Rock had help from Austin, Linda McMahon and Earl Hebner (who was reinstated by Linda) to win the WWF Title. The Game is not over claims Trips. Vince threatens Austin not to show up tonight and also threatens his own wife. The boss hints that the Rock will be involved in a steel cage match later.

Crash Holly arrives and is attacked by the packing lot attendant who tries to win his Hardcore title:D Crash stuffs him in the boot of his car and legs it:lmao

Too Cool VS. The Hardy Boyz
Scotty is super over and his team enjoys most of the offence. Hotty works the crowd with a nip up and reverse moon walk:mark: Matt takes a double elbow drop but responds with a tornado DDT. Jeff tags in but takes a reverse Russian leg sweep off Christopher. The younger Hardy fires back with a summersault moonsalt for a two. Matt kills the mood when breaking up a Scotty worm attempt with a neckbreaker. Teldom Hardy leg drops before Scotty hangs Jeff up with a smooth reverse powerbomb. Grandmaster keeps things rolling with a double face plant. As Jeff takes the fight to the floor, Matt takes the worm, but Jeff returns and hits a twist of fate. Grandmaster sexy blocks a twist of fate attempt from Matt, rolls him into Jeff up top and knocks Matt down for the pin and upset. Getting the pin with a fist after all those moves is a bit weird. **1/2

The Kat and Jacqueline VS. Terri and Ivory
What you would expect from a women's match during this time. Jackie and Ivory get some decent wrestling in with a few stiff blows from Jackie. The fighting between Kat and Terri looks rubbish. The Kat steals the pin when Jackie reverses Terri's pin on her after Ivory had done the same. Another cat fight after the match. *1/2

X-Pac (W/Tori) VS. Chris Jericho
Hebner under threat from Vince to watch his step is assigned the match. Jericho once again runs down Steph before the match joking, "As far as a woman like Stephanie is concerned the word honour means JUMP ON HER"! :p
These two have a slick match. Jericho hits a Japanese style arm drag, followed by a baseball slide drop kick. He is caught up top by Pac. But Y2J blocks a superplex, but is off target with a missile drop kick. A broncobuster is off target from the D-X member. Jericho regains control with a running face plant. A flying forearm scores two. Two standing powerbombs gets another near fall. A lion salt follows, but Earl is tied up by Tori at ringside. Tori takes a Jericho drop kick for her troubles. The Canadian takes a nice looking round house from Pac and then a Broncobuster. Pac argues with Earl who shoves him down in classic Hebner fashion:mark: Pac shoves him back and is DQ'ed. Roaddog runs out and jaws with Earl for the same result. Jericho hooks the lion tamer on Pac for good measure. **1/2

A typically electric promo from new Champion The Rock who thanks Austin for keeping up his word at Backlash. He trashes each member of the Hemsley-Mcmahon regime. Vince books The Rock VS. Shane McMahon in the cage for the WWF title in the main event. Vince adds that pinfalls and submission don't count. Basically all the boy wonder needs to do is escape the cage to win the belt. Triple H is pissed. he argues with Shane in the locker room saying that the title belongs to him. Shane says as long the title's in the family who cares? Trips cares.

WWF Tag Team Title Match: Edge and Christian (c) VS. Rikishi and Showkishi:D
The champs make an open challenge. Its answered by Rikishi and the Big Show dressed as Rikishi!:lmao The match itself is a throw away match. The champs take a fair beating. Edge nails Showkishi with the bell for the DQ. Afterwards X-Pac and Roaddog come out and toss the champs back inside where they both suffer stink faces. This was payback for Backlash for Pac and Dog. *1/2

European Championship: Essa Rios (W/Lita) VS. Eddie Guerrero (W/Chyna)
A rematch from Backlash. There's heat between Lita and Chyna after Lita nicked Chyna's prom dress and is now wearing ito_O The match barely lasts two minutes. Eddie's spinning reverse fireman's carry drop picks up the win. Chyna evens the score by ripping the dress off Lita. Because Lita's the heel she reacts very differently to Chyna on the PPV;) No Rating.

Intercontinental Title: Tazz VS. Chris Benoit (c)
As well as a WCW hotbed back in the day it seems Baltimore is also a big ECW town. Tazz is really over here and we get "ECW" chants. Another super short match. Perry Saturn distracts Tazz who is pinned by Benoit's fisherman surplex. Tazz and Saturn brawl afterwards. Hardcore Holly runs out and attacks not only Benoit but also Saturn and Tazz.

Crash thinks Cole is after his title. He says when he orders at food he thinks the waitresses after his belt:lmao Steve Blackman attacks him from behind and we get a hardcore title between the two. During the quick brawl two local NFL stars in the crowd go for pins on Crash:lmao The champ finally escapes.

WWF Title Steel Cage Match: The Rock (c) VS. Shane McMahon
The deck is stacked against the Rock as its revealed that Patterson and Briscoes are the refs. Patterson distracts the Rock early. Vince tries to drag his son out off the cage. The champ stomps all over the boss. Shane hits a nice flying reverse elbow, and does his boxing routine, but Rock comes back with a DDT. Triple H hits Rock with a stick as he tries to escape the cage. Rock grabs the stick and uses it on Shane. Another Patterson distraction opens the door for a Shane attack. Shane is caught up top and takes a pasting. Pat nails the Rock with a low blow, and step forward JR with the line of the night, "A dream come true for Patterson a low blow!":lmao Patterson tries to push a deadweight Shane off the top (he's meant to be knocked cold). The Rock recovers and hits the Rock bottom on Patterson. Shane's half way out the cage, but Rock powers him back inside and slams him to the canvas. A People's Elbow follows, but Briscoe slams the door on the Champ's face as he is about to escape. Triple H enters the cage and hammers the Rock. "We Want Austin" chants. Instead the fans get Earl Hebner who takes out Briscoe and slams the cage door into Trips. The Rock escapes with Earl there to call the finish. Solid main event. **1/2

Your turn @Chris