Karl Urban Says DREDD 2 is in Development

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dredd-Urban-Dragonlord-__zpse3f6463c.jpg

At his panel at Denver Comic Con, when asked a rather snidely worded question about if he would do a sequel to ‘Dredd’ even if it was poorly written just for the money, Karl Urban revealed some very interesting information for fans.

Well, after he quipped that he did need a new house, he revealed the information: Yes. ‘Dredd 2′ is in development.

You heard that right. Or at least, they are developing the story for it. After that, they are determining the right platform, be it Netflix, Amazon, a TV Series, or another movie.

‘Dredd’ was a movie made in 2012 starring Urban about a character who acts as judge, jury and executioner in a future dystopian megacity. It also features Lena Headey (Cersei, ‘Game of Thrones) as the antagonist, a drug lord named Ma-Ma. It is currently rated “fresh” on rotten tomatoes.

The issue is, Urban explained, is that there had been no awareness for ‘Dredd‘ when it came out. Making a sequel to the film is an uphill battle because the movie did not do great at the box office, so a sequel was sort of written off. However, once people knew about it, the DVD sales went through the roof which proved there was an audience for it. It just had to be reached.

Urban added that there is an interest from established creatives and that he would do the sequel if he felt it had depth and substance.

Denver Comic Con 2016: Karl Urban Confirms ‘Dredd 2′ Is In Development

:five:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I didn't hate the first one, but I wouldn't watch it again. I doubt I will care about a sequel. Stallone'sis still the best Dredd.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I didn't hate the first one, but I wouldn't watch it again. I doubt I will care about a sequel. Stallone'sis still the best Dredd.
Why you think the Stallone one was better?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
My own personal taste basically. I'm a huge Stallone fan and that was the one I remember the most. The reboot was largely unforgettable to me. It was campy fun and something I could watch over and over and have watched over and over.