Kamen Rider/Super Sentai/ Power Rangers/Tokusatsu Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either one to be honest for me. Kamen Rider Geats, and Donbrothers have been wonderful watches for me especially Donbrothers. The balance of Comedy and the serious tone so far have hit the mark for me since both Seasons have started. Once I get done I gotta start Kamen Rider Black Sun a new imagination of Kamen Rider Black/RX.
Same honestly. Either one would be fine by me, and as for Kamen Rider goes I am way behind on it, lol

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I can't wait and if you need places to download past Shows I've got the hookup.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The official Twitter account for anime song artist Ichiro Mizuki announced his passing today. Mizuki was 74.

Mizuki’s management announced the lung cancer diagnosis publicly in July after undergoing surgery for it in June. Mizuki had been undergoing tests after coming down with partial vocal cord paralysis in April 2021. Those tests found the cancer and that it had spread to his lymph nodes and brain. Mizuki succumbed to the cancer on December 6 at 6:50 pm after being rushed to the hospital.

Ichiro Mizuki, whose real name was Toshio Hayakawa, is best known as the Emperor of Anime Songs for pioneering the anison industry, members of which lovingly called him “Aniking” and “Aniki (big bro).”

Mizuki was born in Setagaya, Tokyo on January 7, 1948. He grew up surrounded by music in his parent's record store, listening to jazz from an early age. As he grew older, Mizuki would frequent Jazz cafes throughout Tokyo which is where he caught the eye of the late composer and enka singer Kanae Wada, who gave Mizuki his stage name.

The first song Mizuki would perform was the opening theme to the Japanese dubbed version of A Man Called Shenandoah in 1965. He’d make his full debut in 1968 with the single “Kimi ni Sasageru Boku no Uta,” which failed to gain traction and after poor sales saw Mizuki bow out from the music industry until 1971 when he turned his focus to anime music.

From here, Mizuki would perform the theme songs and insert songs for classic anime series such as Mazinger Z, Genshi Shounen Ryuu, Great Mazinger and Lupin the Third Part 2, among many more. Mizuki also performed songs for early tokusatsu series. While performing the anime songs, from April 1976 to March 1979, Mizuki would serve as the second generation Oniisan for NHK children’s show Okaasan to Issho, which is still running on television every morning. He has over 1,200 songs to his name.

For the children and teens that grew up during this time, Mizuki would be a household name and a voice of a generation.

During his career, he pushed for greater recognition of anime music in the music industry, pushing sales of his records to heights that could not be ignored. After a long and fruitful career, he formed the JAM Project supergroup in 2000 with fellow anison singers Hironobu Kageyama, Masaaki Endoh, Eizo Sakamoto and Rica Matsumoto to continue the “anison spirit.” He would work part-time with the group since 2002 due to work.

Even after his health issues, Mizuki proclaimed that he wanted to be active for life and was in the midst of planning his 50th-anniversary celebrations.

A classic image of Ichiro Mizuki from the Oha Suta morning kid’s program in the 1990s where he’d make appearances under the name Mizuking:

Though Mizuki didn’t get to perform in that concert, he was continuing to perform throughout November with his final performance on November 27 at the Mizuki Ichiro and Horie Mitsuko Futari no Anison #19 concert, a concert series in celebration of classic anison music supported by Mizuki and other veterans of the industry. This is where Mizuki proclaimed “I will never retire in my lifetime.”

A private funeral for Mizuki will be held with close friends and family. A farewell party will be held at a later time in accordance with the wishes of his family.

Rest in peace, Mizuki. Your memory and influence will live on in the anison industry.

Mizu King RIP thank you for all your work with Anime and Tokusatsu.

• Sad
Reactions: Alexa

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

No JDF or Thuy Trang is going to hurt so much watching that Episode I know it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go through a Box of Tissues especially once they say it's Morphin Time.

FmsRrxwWAA0GYl8

FmsRrxvWAAMsV1J

Hasbro what the fuck are these Suits for Cosmic Fury? I held off on my thoughts on the Suits when they showed us Concept Art but these things are terrible and bland to be honest. They need to add some more to those Suits or they'll look even worse on TV with the Stunt Team.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm pretty sure I didn't post this here orginally^

Super Sentai is the Japanese version of Power Rangers it's not one in a same to me. Super Sentai does everything with perfection and it not afraid to take risks with it's younger viewers especially Sentai and Kamen Rider.

I've been a Tokusatsu watcher for 5 or 6 Years now going through not only the Weekly Rider/Sentai but a Past Season as well. Shin Kamen Rider just raised my love for the Genre it had all the ingredients of a great Film.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

30 Years just amazing to know I've been a fan of the franchise since I was a 5 and I will be till I take my final breath in this World for sure.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Damn loving where the Community is going in 2024 and onward. I hope Ultraman: Rising kills it because it opens up the Gates for another Anime based Tokusatsu franchises to come in. Kamen Rider did with W a Year or so ago this is going to help as well. I still wanna start a Metal Heroes Series of some kind though.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Im on episode 4 of Power Rangers Turbo during my on/off binge watching of the series. For some reason I was never the biggest fan of Turbo, especially after how good Zeo was.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Im on episode 4 of Power Rangers Turbo during my on/off binge watching of the series. For some reason I was never the biggest fan of Turbo, especially after how good Zeo was.

Yeah I'm iffy on Turbo it still has a sour spot for me after them changing Rangers what Half through the Season. I loved the new Rangers but to me they are Space Rangers and to me Turbo was a huge letdown after how Zeo was for sure. Thank goodness they took it to Space because no way Power Rangers keeps going if In Space doesn't kill.