Jon Jones involed in car accident, UFC 187 main event in jeopardy.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Jon Jones is currently slated to defend his title against heavy handed Anthony Johnson at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas come May 23rd. But similar to many situations in the UFC, that may not go down as planned.

Unconfirmed reports swirling around the net indicate that Jones was involved in a hit and run this Sunday, and that Jones was being held in custody by Albuquerque police. The albuquerque police department later tweeted that they could not confirm whether Jones was being held in custody.

This isn't the first time Jones has been in hot water, as in 2012 he wrapped his Bentley around a telephone pole in the case of a DUI. However he attended rehab regularly and conducted himself upon good behaviour, let's not forgot the brawl with Daniel Cormier at the UFC 178 media day.

Already 2015 has not been a good year for Jones. To add to his classless remarks and behaviour following his 5 round war with longtime foe Daniel Cormier, Jones tested positive for cocaine earlier this year in a pre fight drug test (which was done at random) and took shots via twitter at Bellator transplant Phil Davis and Alexander Gustafsson following his TKO loss to Johnson at UFC on Fox 14.

If the event does subside, more than likely the co main event between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort will take its place where the lightweight bout between Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone and Khabib Nurmagomedov will slide in as the new co main event. UFC 187 takes place May 23rd live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: MMAWeekly.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm certainly sticking to what I said in the fact that Jones antics' this year have not impressed me, and I'm aware of the fact that him testing positive for cocaine was simply due to the fact that he was irresponsibly partying. But honestly, any MMA fighter will take a look at Jon Jones and know that his work inside the cage is absolutely astounding. It definitely doesn't change what I think about him.