Jon Jones A Heavy Favorite Over Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
quinton-jackson-a-team-1_large.jpg
The first betting line has been released for a future UFC light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and it seems that the current champion is a heavy favorite out of the gate. Obviously the fight hasn't been booked yet, but bookies always jump on lines quickly if a bout is likely to happen. Bookmaker has is the one offering the line (info via BestFightOdds):

Jones, who is currently rehabbing an injured thumb, is expected back in the last quarter of the year. Jackson entered his UFC 130 fight with a fractured hand that would have to be cleared before the fight could go forward, but with at least four months before a possible matchup, there's a good chance that this will be the night title fight at 205. If Rampage can't go for some reason, Lyoto Machida or even possibly Rashad Evans would be the next challenger for Jones.

Jackson had this to say at the UFC 130 post-fight press conference in reference to the current champ:

"I don’t really know Jones, I don’t got nothing against him. He has my belt. I still feel like I didn’t lose that belt. It’s not his fault that he got my belt, it’s my fault."

Jackson, of course, is a former UFC light heavyweight champion who dropped his belt via controversial decision at UFC 83 to Forrest Griffin. He is 4-1 since he dropped the belt, with his only loss coming to Rashad Evans.