John Cena unsure if he'll be at WrestleMania this year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

During an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, John Cena was asked if he'll be returning to WWE for this year's WrestleMania.

Cena said that, due to opportunities he has coming up, he doesn't know if he'll be able to make it to WrestleMania 38 this April. Cena said it depends on how those opportunities fall into place. But Cena said he loves WWE and isn't done with pro wrestling by a long shot.

"WrestleMania is usually in the cusp of late March, early April. I don't know if I'm going to make it this year. That's a good conundrum to have because there's a lot of good opportunities coming up, which I would love to take. And if all those things line up, I don't know if I'll be able to make WrestleMania," Cena said.

"But I will tell you and everybody out there watching, I'm not done with WWE by a long shot. That's my home, I love it. I was able to go back during the summer for a few months and entertain audiences when they welcomed audiences back to arenas. So, I've far from had my last performance."

Cena didn't appear at last year's WrestleMania in Tampa because there was no logistical way he could make it due to pandemic-related travel restrictions. Cena was in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to film his Peacemaker television series. That series premieres on HBO Max this Thursday.

In 2020, Cena faced "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt in a cinematic Firefly Fun House match at WrestleMania 36.

Cena made his return to WWE for the "Summer of Cena" in 2021. That included him making televised appearances and working house shows. He returned at Money in the Bank and set up a match where he lost to Universal Champion Roman Reigns at SummerSlam.

WrestleMania 38 is a two-night event that's taking place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Damn I mean I don’t wanna criticize anyone but if he’s gonna start using the same “my schedule won’t allow it” excuse that Rock is using then idk. If you want to be there then fucking be there. The man who was the most loyal WWE superstar of all time is turning into another Hollywood sellout. Unreal.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Hollywood Sellout is just a term people used for an actor/actress that has good sense of business.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don’t see it as an excuse. He’s a busy man and he’s one of the most sought out stars today so he’s got a busy schedule filming different things.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don’t see it as an excuse :lol but it is kinda funny he called Rock out all the time for it and he’s now doing the same thing. Can’t blame him as he’s probably making amazing money. But it’s still hilarious.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Hollywood sellout" :cenalol

Stop saying dumb shit.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Damn I mean I don’t wanna criticize anyone but if he’s gonna start using the same “my schedule won’t allow it” excuse that Rock is using then idk. If you want to be there then fucking be there. The man who was the most loyal WWE superstar of all time is turning into another Hollywood sellout. Unreal.

Truthfully I wouldn't call it an excuse rather him thinking about his future outside of Wrestling because God knows your body is going to break down as you get older with that punishment. Give me an opportunity like them and I'm saying peace out pops I ain't coming to work anymore hell give me a job in a Comic Book Store I'll leaving working with my Dad in a heartbeat:lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
More pressing matters.....I thought Ellen was cancelled for being an alleged massive cunt to co-workers and watching a baseball game beside Geore W. Bush or something.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I do hope he's there if he can make it, because I've enjoyed his return appearances he's done. The Reigns segments and match was really fun.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you LOVE something, then you find a way to be there. That's all I'm saying

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sound like a co dependent girlfriend.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants to do, he's earned that right by carrying the business for as long as he did.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sound like a co dependent girlfriend.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants to do, he's earned that right by carrying the business for as long as he did.

Oh don't give me that bullshit. If he came out and admitted WWE isnt a priority anymore then fine but dont say you still love the product and cant even fuckin make wrestlemania

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh don't give me that bullshit. If he came out and admitted WWE isnt a priority anymore then fine but dont say you still love the product and cant even fuckin make wrestlemania
He showed up for Summerslam....he doesn't have to go to everything because YOU demand it.

He's busy.....this some latch key kid mentality.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Awful take

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He showed up for Summerslam....he doesn't have to go to everything because YOU demand it.

He's busy.....this some latch key kid mentality.

Did I say everything? No. Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania. He CAN show up if he wants to lmao