John Cena Says HHH & Vince Wanted To Fire Him Years Ago

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
John Cena sat down with Brian Soscia of The Soscia Network for a Q&A session with fans. You can see video of the interview by clicking here. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

Who is left if he defeats The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII: "Honestly, this is what I like about April 1, you have a definitive number one being decided. I think at that point it is anybody's game to try to take somebody off the mountain. We're at a period in WWE, WrestleMania is truly the end of an era. Triple H vs. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels is a special referee, John Cena vs. The Rock. One of those names, one of those names is a full-time employee for this company and you're looking at him.

"So I think WrestleMania is a platform, as it always is, for new Superstars - Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, Team Laurinaitis, Team Teddy Long. Anyone can step up. I'm going to be there on the top of the mountain with my fists up waiting for someone to challenge me. I think everybody is going to watch WrestleMania and enjoy it, but I think everyone behind the curtain, behind the wall that I'm not supposed to talk about, is going to be watching as hungry as they can be knowing that they want to face the winner of that match."

Advice to younger wrestlers: "Never give up. Back in 2003, 2002, when I was just wearing boots and tights and I was supposed to be the ruthless aggression young good guy, nobody in the company liked me. I know Vince McMahon won't admit this, but he wanted me fired, Triple H wanted me fired, everybody hated me. They just wouldn't give me a forum to showcase my talents. I've always been able to connect with the audience if given the ability to speak.

"I got that ability and I was off to the races. I was up against all odds. I wasn't born into this business. I'm not a third generation guy or a second generation guy. I'm just a dude who grew up a fan like all you guys and I wanted to do this my whole life. And I never gave up. That's the advice I give to all the young cats, all the guys who have been trying and trying, trying to make it, attempt after attempt. I've failed many times, but you never ever give up."

Source

They made a mistake? :troll:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's got a point tbh, about always working your way up no matter what. I'm surprised Vince wanted him fired after all he's got a stupidly marketable look.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Cena has such a cool voice.
Weard to read about the firing thing.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wow Imagine if he had though the WWE would be so different and probably be in a massively worse state if they hadn't had Cena!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Must of blew Vince to keep his job or something. Damn Vince and his being easily persuaded by blowjobs

Explains why Kane has managed to keep his job for some many years doesn't it.......... You know because Cena wasn't kept because he has a marketable look, charisma, work ethic and the ability to work a mic naturally. Not a fan of Cena personally but you're hate is phenomenally bad.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
No they would have just pushed somebody else. The only reason Cena became as big as he did is because Brock left.

Yeah but imagine no Cena it's strange to think who would they have pushed and would they have been as marketable in the long run for the WWE as Cena was?

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
i hate 2 admit this, but i think John might be lying here. vince saw $ signs in John since his very first match when Paul Heyman (is that his name?) thorugh him out there. John's said in the past his biggest supporters were always vince and brooklyn brawler (whoever that is)

things don't add up cuz Stephanie loved John too.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I remember hearing rumors about Triple H burying Cena back then because he started to really get over (before the rapper gimmick) but Triple H felt he didn't yet earn that kind of push. Ironically, Batista was also almost fired right before they decided to out him in Evolution (Mark Jindrak was originally gonna be the fourth guy in the group instead.)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
I remember hearing rumors about Triple H burying Cena back then because he started to really get over (before the rapper gimmick) but Triple H felt he didn't yet earn that kind of push. Ironically, Batista was also almost fired right before they decided to out him in Evolution (Mark Jindrak was originally gonna be the fourth guy in the group instead.)

Wouldn't surprise me.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
GOD DAM IT VINCE WHY DID YOU FIRE HIM WHEN YOU HAD THE DAM CHANGE!?

Sorry but u put WHY DID YOU FIRE HIM? YES? REALLY?

But he DIDN'T FIRE HIM.

Cause I'm Cloud and I'm AWESOME!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

B2A

Jobber
Reaction score
I wonder how many great main eventers could have been devloped and put over in the 7 years Cena has been in his spot.