John Cena on missing touring full-time, thinks it would produce diminishing returns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
john-cena-wrestler-ftrjpg.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

John Cena says he misses touring with WWE but at 45, being a full-time touring performer would "hit that point of diminishing returns."

The 16-time World Champion spoke to GQ Magazine recently and was asked if he misses touring with WWE.

"I miss it every day. Every single day. But I’ll be 45 on April 23rd, and I was very fortunate to make it as long as I did with only a minor list of injuries. Nothing that has changed the trajectory of my long term health. I’m strong, flexible, and in really good shape externally, internally. I think now, being a full-time touring performer might start to hit that point of diminishing returns, and I have to be realistic when I look at that."

Cena's last match was on a WWE house show from Madison Square Garden on September 10, 2021. He teamed with the Mysterios and defeated Roman Reigns and the Usos.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Inb4 Sabs comes calls him a liar :hayden3

I totally get what he means. You can miss something, but know you can’t really be doing it also at the same time

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
smh, if you really missed it you would come back full time instead of making up all of these excuses. Just another fucking Hollywood sellout who'll only come back when he has a movie to promote.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Inb4 Sabs comes calls him a liar :hayden3

I totally get what he means. You can miss something, but know you can’t really be doing it also at the same time

shut up lmao. I literally only said he should’ve made wrestlemania. I don’t think he should be working a full time schedule either. Gotta preserve the body

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well he is the Babe Ruth of WWE.....seeing that everyweek would make that meaningless.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah we’re at the point where seeing Cena sporadically is probably for the best.

It was rumored he was going to be at MITB last year, but wasn’t confirmed. And when he came out at the end, everyone lost their shit.

There’s an old expression in wrestling…”How can I miss you if you never go away?”

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Loved the interview that he did here. Glad he is healthy and shape. Right now each time he comes back to WWE, he is like a special attraction. Which makes people want to see the wrestler more and more in each short stint.