Jericho: "My current run will end before Summerslam"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
WWE Superstar Chris Jericho told Metal Injection that his current run with WWE will end before Summerslam as his band Fozzy will release an album and tour to support it in late summer. You can view the entire video, including Jericho's picks for if metal icons fought wrestling icons, at http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/8881/chris-jericho-interview-at-revolver-golden-gods-2012.

Alrighty then, your thoughts?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
962c5b3e2124a5494cddc32898703dae.jpg

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Maybe he needs time off here and there and Fozzy is his excuse 4 it. 'Current run' implies he will return later at some point. At his age, I can admire his decision 2 relax and unwind b4 he returns again.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nah it's just he's probably lost his passion for WWE, he really wants to become a rock star and he is obsessed with it. Hats off to him, I just wish he realised it's a crap band and he's the best thing the WWE has ever seen.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nah it's just he's probably lost his passion for WWE, he really wants to become a rock star and he is obsessed with it. Hats off to him, I just wish he realised it's a crap band and he's the best thing the WWE has ever seen.

Wrestling hurts, Crayo. I'm sure he can't travel 250 days anymore. Regardless of his reasons, he can only work so many months a year. Guys his age, shouldn't b wrestling that much when they make decent wages

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is Jericho even working house shows atm? He has only wrestled a handful of matches since returning. The Rumble, the EC, the Mania match, the battle royal he won, and a match with Kofi.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but I wish it wasn't like that. OK, Jericho doesn't have to be a fully active wrestler throughout the whole year, but it's just that this Fozzy thing is... IDK, the guy leaves wrestling for the band, comes back... And the band sucks, that's what's worse.

Edit: But I really hope he sticks around until the week after OTL, that's when WWE's coming to Brazil. He's confirmed, but you know, if he leaves for Fozzy before that...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
He worked/works house shows all the time. He's wrestled Kofi the majority of the time. Ever since his return he's been at most house shows dude.

Wasn't sure if he was or not since I don't ever bother to read house show results. I would have guessed that WWE would be smart enough to give him the week off in between Raw shows to keep him from getting burnt out

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Wasn't sure if he was or not since I don't ever bother to read house show results. I would have guessed that WWE would be smart enough to give him the week off in between Raw shows to keep him from getting burnt out

As I said earlier he's in real good shape. He's fitter now than he was in his previous full time state lmao.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Telling everybody he would stay, but go away for 2 shows or so.
Really hope that's the case here.