Jeff Jarrett/Toby Keith Promotion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
By Raj Giri | January 05, 2014 | Comments (241)

As noted earlier, negotiations between TNA and Toby Keith, who was the main person looking to purchase the company, apparently fell through. Jeff Jarrett was expected to be a part of the promotion in a key role if the sale happened, due to his relationship with Keith. Shortly after talks between Keith and TNA fell through, Jarrett announced that he was parting ways with TNA.

On tonight's episode of his podcast, which you can listen to at MLW.com, Konnan said that he spoke with Jarrett and that Jarrett will be making an announcement this week about a new project. He said that Jarrett told him that TNA is in really bad shape, and that he doesn't know and doesn't care if they see through the year. Konnan then pretty much stated that Jarrett would be starting a new promotion with Keith.

In perhaps an unrelated note, Jim Ross noted on his Twitter last Tuesday that he had a "great meeting with a major sports concern... Could be big...and fun!" He wrote later in the week that he had dinner with Keith and others in New Orleans while he was in town for the Sugar Bowl. A fan mentioned the meeting with Keith and brought up Jeff Jarrett, to which Ross replied:

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ith-toby-keith-this-week/#JHropyecdog7D0wd.99

Not sure how credible the site is, but alot of my wrestling buddies from Second Life use this site, and I have yet to see anything wrong with it. Source is from Wrestling Inc.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
We don't consider Wrestling Inc a trusted source. They make up 90% of their news and attribute it to the Observer even though it's not in their newsletter. I'll leave this open but I won't buy it until a more reliable source confirms it. Also, the news comes from Konnan, who has spent the last 10 years of his life bullshitting his way through everything so yeah, the messenger really can't be trusted in this situation. :lol:

For the record, we have had this list of acceptable sites posted for more than two years now. I'd ask us all to remember to use only them in the future. Cheers.

http://wrestlingpunks.com/threads/1268-PLEASE-READ-Rules-for-posting-news-amp-spoilers-in-wrestling

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd take anything Konnan says with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't rule it out though.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'd take this with a grain, too, although it's plausible with Jarrett pulling out of TNA last year.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
While I am not too well versed on the credible and non credible wrestling news sites, I do have a friend that uses this site. As stated, if its credibe, it could be very interesting, but I tried cross-referencing the info here with the sites that WP finds credible. I didn't find details or direct confirmation, but I did find tidbits that pointed to it as credible. It maybe that Wrestling Inc. speculated on what other sites are reporting. Just my opinion.