Is Chris Jericho the GOAT?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
jericho-champion-1-696x392.jpg

What the title says, -

Chris Jericho is perhaps the only wrestler to continuously re-invent himself and keep himself relevant for 20+ years. He's the first guy to hold the WWF and WCW titles at the same time, he's held titles wherever he's gone, including New Japan Pro Wrestling, WWE and WCW and he's currently THE building block on which AEW has set it's foundation. And it's working for them too......

So, is Chris Jericho the greatest professional wrestler of all time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes
Reaction score
I don't think he's thee greatest, but he's definetly up there. I've always believed he's far better than Triple H, but had to job to Triple H his whole wwf career

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
This is subjective. He may be the greatest to someone. To me? No, but he’s top 5. The fact that he’s been able to reinvent himself over and over for 20 years has helped his longevity. And he uses his character work to cover up that he’s starting to slow down inside the ring. He’s great; just not the greatest in my eyes.

Reactions: 3 Minute Warning

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If you're sayin' he's better than Ric Flair, you're just wrong.

Reactions: Cwalker

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
And Bret is a step below Flair

Reaction score
And Bret is a step below Flair

Personally, I preferred watching Bret in the ring. Bret was terrible at promos, and Flair constantly screamed and sounded like he had a golf ball stuck in his mouth when he talked, couldn't understand half of what he was saying

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not the GOAT in my eyes. There are certainly many better at any given aspect of wrestling than him. Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels... all better in ring performers. Mick Foley, Roddy Piper, The Rock, Dusty Rhodes... all better talkers. He was never considered a draw in WWE, which probably isn't entirely on him but that's always going to be something he has against him comparing to others all time greats.

But, combining all factors, he is definitely up there among the GOATs. He has loads of great matches, great promos, great storylines and great characters to his name. He has amazing longevity. He is a great total package. I place him in the top 20 at least when I look at who I think can be somewhat objectively called the GOAT. For my personal tastes, he is my 3rd favorite wrestler ever after Stone Cold and Ric Flair.

Reactions: Chris
Reaction score
Not the GOAT in my eyes. There are certainly many better at any given aspect of wrestling than him. Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels... all better in ring performers. Mick Foley, Roddy Piper, The Rock, Dusty Rhodes... all better talkers. He was never considered a draw in WWE, which probably isn't entirely on him but that's always going to be something he has against him comparing to others all time greats.

But, combining all factors, he is definitely up there among the GOATs. He has loads of great matches, great promos, great storylines and great characters to his name. He has amazing longevity. He is a great total package. I place him in the top 20 at least when I look at who I think can be somewhat objectively called the GOAT. For my personal tastes, he is my 3rd favorite wrestler ever after Stone Cold and Ric Flair.

To be fair, Jericho was always more interesting and entertaining than HHH, who wasn't a draw himself, but always kept himself feuding with the guys that drew.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
To be fair, Jericho was always more interesting and entertaining than HHH, who wasn't a draw himself, but always kept himself feuding with the guys that drew.
I doubt that many people consider Triple H himself a draw. Honestly there aren't a ton of people who have singe handedly drawn much for WWE ever. Bruno, Hulk, Austin and The Rock being the main ones of course.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't know...I'd say Triple H was on top for a good portion of WWF's highest drawing years, 1999-2000.

Obviously by that point the argument could be made WWF as a name became the draw, but still.

Reaction score
I doubt that many people consider Triple H himself a draw. Honestly there aren't a ton of people who have singe handedly drawn much for WWE ever. Bruno, Hulk, Austin and The Rock being the main ones of course.

True. Possibly Undertaker, but he was never the face of the company

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is all subjective.

There's no real metric to base who or what the greatest is.

Reactions: Vegeta and Cwalker
Reaction score
I don't know...I'd say Triple H was on top for a good portion of WWF's highest drawing years, 1999-2000.

Obviously by that point the argument could be made WWF as a name became the draw, but still.

Look who he was working with in 1999-2000 Austin,Rock,Foley. That's where the draw was

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Deezy I think you just blew this whole case wide open.