Impact Wrestling Live Discussion - March 29th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
333333.png

Preview Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 9/8c. If you can't watch it Thursday, make sure to set your DVR to record it so you don't miss any of the action.

- The road to April's annual "Lockdown" Pay-Per-View event continues

- What will be Hulk Hogan's answer to TNA President Dixie Carter? Will Hogan take over as General Manager of IMPACT WRESTLING? Tune in and find out

- Mr. Anderson battles "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy in a featured bout on the broadcast!

- The undefeated Crimson battles Matt Morgan - will his former tag team partner be the one that ends his streak?

- In Knockouts action, it will be Madison Rayne vs. Velvet Sky

- The World Premiere of "Cowboy" James Storm's music video "Longnecks & Rednecks"

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV at 9/8c

Alright, well there's some good on there, some bad on there and some wtf on there as well...which means the show should kick MAJOR ASS!!! Hopefully Hogan just says no and Sting decides he's better off staying as GM...and then the two of them unite and KILL Garett Bischoff dead in the middle of the ring. Well that's what I'd like to see anyway. Other than that, can't say I'm thrilled about Anderson/Hardy but if they're both motivated things could be good. Morgan vs. Crimson can't be any worse than their last singles match and Crimson's new heel persona is slightly intriguing so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Finally, I just want to take a moment to ask why they're showing a music video on Impact? Oh yeah, because its TNA and while I would normally have a problem with this, the fact that its James Storm's KICK ASS theme makes it seem perfectly acceptable to me for some reason. Let's hope its good and let's hope for a wild time in this LD. At the very least I know one of those things will come true.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Oh great I'm sure this is going to lead to crimson vs Matt Morgan at lockdown. I much rather see them on opposite teams in the lethal lockdown match.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh great I'm sure this is going to lead to crimson vs Matt Morgan at lockdown. I much rather see them on opposite teams in the lethal lockdown match.

Nah, they'll be fine in the confines of the cage. Remember, there's at least going to be heat for the match this time around because the fans have a face to cheer and a heel to boo. The last time they fought there was no emotion behind it at all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If they added crimson and Matt Morgan to the lethal lockdown then they could have a legit lethal lockdown match. Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson, and Matt Morgan vs Kurt Angle, Chris Daniels, Kazarian, and Crimson.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If they added crimson and Matt Morgan to the lethal lockdown then they could have a legit lethal lockdown match. Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson, and Matt Morgan vs Kurt Angle, Chris Daniels, Kazarian, and Crimson.

The rumors are that Hardy and Angle are in a solo match as well. Besides, why would Angle throw in with Daniels and Kazarian or Crimson? They have no history or reason to do that and if that was the actual match it would just reek of trying to stick every angle that they had nothing better to do with together for the sake of a Lethal Lockdown match.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok apparentely you don't like lethal lockdown.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ok apparentely you don't like lethal lockdown.

Considering I thought it was the best match at last year's show, that's totally incorrect. However, I want there to be a reason behind the match. Last year it was Fortune vs. Immortal, which made sense. This year, does it make sense for a bunch of guys in different feuds to join up to have a Lethal Lockdown match or just to blow off each of the feuds separately? Considering they would lose three potential matches if they go the route you suggested, I don't really see it happening.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So what should the lethal lockdown match be?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So what should the lethal lockdown match be?

Do they have to have one if none make sense? They aren't selling the show on Lethal Lockdown like they have in years past, they're selling it on Roode/Storm.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's what makes lockdown special

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That may be true, but in the past have they had anything that could be even more special, like Storm/Roode, a match that has been building for the better part of 5 months?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Did I say they shouldn't have Roode vs Storm?

In the 2007 and 2008 lethal lockdown matches there were no storylines to it except the captains hated each other. You do realize that right?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Do they have to have one if none make sense? They aren't selling the show on Lethal Lockdown like they have in years past, they're selling it on Roode/Storm.
I have to say yes. At this point TNA has already gotten rid of far too many of the special concept matches.

And there's no guarantee they'd ever bring it back.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alright, fine by me. I guess they could do the Kurt, Crimson, Daniels and Kaz vs. Hardy, Morgan, AJ and Anderson match, though I'm on record right now as saying I think that's going to be one of the worst Lethal Lockdown matches ever. Perhaps if they somehow add Ray and Abyss to the opposite sides I'd be more intrigued, but right now I'm not sold on it being good.

Oh and ViperRKO, please, don't try to be condescending to me thanks.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Alright, fine by me. I guess they could do the Kurt, Crimson, Daniels and Kaz vs. Hardy, Morgan, AJ and Anderson match, though I'm on record right now as saying I think that's going to be one of the worst Lethal Lockdown matches ever. Perhaps if they somehow add Ray and Abyss to the opposite sides I'd be more intrigued, but right now I'm not sold on it being good.

Oh and ViperRKO, please, don't try to be condescending to me thanks.
It probably won't be any good but I just do not want to see TNA throw away LL like they did with KotM.

Although it doesn't even need to be those guys, they could do most of those in singles and come up with a different LL. Perhaps Bully Ray captaining a team and maybe Sting the other? Just spit balling.