IMPACT Slammiversary XVII Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
CageElgin1-1-1024x576.jpg

Impact World Championship: Brian Cage (c) vs Michael Elgin

SwannImpact-1024x576.jpg

Impact X Division Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs Johnny IMPACT

RVDMoose-1024x576.jpg

Rob Van Dam vs Moose

LAXRascalz-1024x576.jpg

Impact World Tag Team Championship: LAX (Ortiz & Santana) (c) vs The Rascalz (two of Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz)

KOSlam.jpg

Monster's Ball Match for the Impact Knockouts Championship: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs Havok vs Rosemary vs Su Yung

SamiTessa-1024x576.jpg

Sami Callihan vs Tessa Blanchard

KrossEddie-1024x576.jpg

First Blood Match: Killer Kross vs Eddie Edwards

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Two good Matches I feel to promote your PPV in July. Impact vs Swann needs more time, but Cage vs Elgin is ready to go right now especially after the fire was turned on moments after Cage wins the Title, he gets mugged by Elgin. Impact won this X-Division Title shot from The United We Stand Show and back then I was like why are they giving Johnny the win in this and now I know. I expect Rascalz vs LAX, Moose vs RVD all to be added as well. We have to assume some kind of crazy Match involving Rosemary and Su Yung, don't know where that leaves Taya or Tessa for that matter going into the PPV in July.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
RVD vs Moose has been confirmed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Moose needs this win and I'm sad because Impact won't give it to him.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Rascalz vs LAX for the Impact Tag Titles yes please! A good 20 minute Match between the two Teams is going to be great, but it's going to split the audience I imagine and unless LAX turns Heel maybe?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Added A Monsters Ball Match between Su Yung, Rosemary, Havok and Taya. All four of those ladies are crazy when you push them to the edge and this could be a bloody one. If that Match isn't bloody, then when Impact makes it Official that Blanchard vs Callihan will be the one to take the Cake.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
A Women's Monster's Ball with those personalities could be a lot of fun.

I say this almost every year, but can we can get the King of the Mountain back? It was only the staple of the event for a decade.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A Women's Monster's Ball with those personalities could be a lot of fun.

I say this almost every year, but can we can get the King of the Mountain back? It was only the staple of the event for a decade.

For traditions sake it'd be fine..but man I thought the gimmick was dumb af. I will say most of the matches were really fun, but I think that was more despite the gimmick than because of it and credit to all the talent that were able to do that. Honestly if they would have just done a regular multi-man ladder match called "King of the Mountain" like how WWE does Money in the Bank ladder matches it would have been way better, but too late for that now bc it's already been established as a tradition and it'd be stupid to call anything else King of the Mountain.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For traditions sake it'd be fine..but man I thought the gimmick was dumb af. I will say most of the matches were really fun, but I think that was more despite the gimmick than because of it and credit to all the talent that were able to do that. Honestly if they would have just done a regular multi-man ladder match called "King of the Mountain" like how WWE does Money in the Bank ladder matches it would have been way better, but too late for that now bc it's already been established as a tradition and it'd be stupid to call anything else King of the Mountain.
I personally loved it. I loved having to earn the right to win the match first. I loved the idea that if you got pinned or submitted you had to sit a timeout. The only thing I think would have been better is if the belt still hung from the top instead of being a reverse ladder match, but I understand they had to do that to make earning the right to win make sense so I forbear.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I personally loved it. I loved having to earn the right to win the match first. I loved the idea that if you got pinned or submitted you had to sit a timeout. The only thing I think would have been better is if the belt still hung from the top instead of being a reverse ladder match, but I understand they had to do that to make earning the right to win make sense so I forbear.

I just feel it was overbooked for all those reasons, but like I said most of the matches themselves were fire so I can't really hate on it too much. But like you tell me that gimmick before I saw any matches and I'd be like "bruh, what?" :lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sami Callihan vs Tessa Blanchard has been confirmed

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A First Blood Match between Kross and Edwards has been confirmed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
g2ctDLHl.jpg

Money Wrench thrown into the Tag Title Match coming for Slammiversary. The North got a win over LAX at Bash at the Brewery and now it's a Three Way for the Titles!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Alright I know some of you have been waiting for my thoughts from Slammiversary and I'm going to give you what you need. Now I wanna say this right off the bat, one I would plead to the other Members who watched this Event, I would love to see you guys put both feet into the Pool and not just one.

TJP vs. Trey vs. Willie Mack vs. Jake Crist. Well did Impact forget about Ace Austin like a Andy forgot about Woody in Toy Story hmm? A last minute decision to put this Match on the Card, and a damn good one at that. All four guys looked great and Crist always for some reason especially in Opening Matches and he's been in plenty for the X-Division comes out looking great. Mack gets the win and I'm sure somewhere down the line you have to do the best friends=best enemies Story with Swann.

The North vs. LAX vs. The Rascalz. Now I've been hearing conflicting Report on Santana, some saying it was a legit injury and some saying it was a way to get them off TV for a short time. Now we know their Impact deals are expiring soon..LIKE REALLY SOON..so The North winning the Titles were given, and I would say Impact has a very good chance in resigning them. Did anyone know of Santana and Ortiz before they came to Impact and became the new version of LAX? Impact put Stock in them and gave them this opportunity and both side won out. Now Santana has a young child and he's going to be thinking about that kid hard and money is going to play a big deal as always, but I hope the decision they make isn't a wrong one and LAX somewhere else doesn't work out for them. Now when it comes to this Match, this Match was hoping to get good, but the injury of Santana kinda took the momentum completely I feel as I was watching this. The North I have no problem as Tag Champion, problem is....the Face Team are thin and it's jut the Rascalz. Just praying that Santana isn't seriously injured or LAX is leaving, because it would be Code Blue on the Division if it happened either way.

Eddie Edwards vs. Killer Kross. Both guys history with each other goes a long way, and their Matches have always been entertaining. I would say this was a little bit of a drop off from what I'm used to seeing from either guy, but the finish was crazy with the Kendo Stick to the Mouth of Kross and I imagine Kross is not done with Eddie just yet.

Moose vs. RVD. Poor Moose he had to wrestle RVD in 2019, not RVD in 1999. This was solid and better than expected, but went way too long for an RVD match in 2019 as he continues to move in slow motion. Moose was really good and thankfully won.

Monster’s Ball Match Impact Knockouts Title Match: Champion Taya vs. Rosemary vs. Su Yung vs. Havok. This was really good overall, and made great use of the stipulation. Really nice work from the ladies here with the surprise winner.

Rich Swann vs. Johnny Impact. Alot of people have been talking about Michael Elgin and his momentum he's had since coming to Impact Wrestling, but don't forget about Swann who has been on a roll too especially since beating Callihan. This was a great match, really smooth and clean, with both guys delivering and providing a great tease in a possible title change through quality work, but Swann overcame again and remains champion. The show had been good so far, but needed a great match and got it here. Swann winning here really adds to his title run.

Cage vs. Michael Elgin. A Hoss Battle that met the hype! These guys beat the snot outta each other and I loved the hard hitting battle these two gave us. So many times I thought Elgin was going to become Champion especially with that Canadian Destroyer, but Cage somehow survived. Big lads doing things that people say they shouldn't be doing in the Ring, and these two are breaking the mold of what a big man can do in that Ring. Cage wins and gets the second biggest win of his Career in Impact, and Elgin looks like a mega star in a losing effort. Now to the Rhino appearance yeah I'm not looking to that at all. This isn't Rhino from ECW's One Night Stand jacked as fuck and really motivated neither is it Rhino from his first Impact run. This is Rhyno who has a Cheese Crackers addiction. It's going to take alot of time for me to believe in Rhino and care about what he's doing going forward. Prove me wrong Impact!

Tessa Blanchard vs. Sami Callihan. I never been more prouder of two talents laying it all on the line in quite some time. Now let me say this Sami Callihan for the people here who want to just dip into the Pool with one foot with Impact, was the MVP of Impact Wrestling in 2018. He had great feuds with Pentagon JR and Fenix, as well as LAX. Tessa right now is the MVP for Impact and more and more they are telling you that she is. Blanchard Match with Gail Kim was great as was this Match with Sami at Slammiversary. For people saying oh Tessa should of won, yeah that would be cool and all, but it wasn't about winning and it needing to happen. Sometimes you can come out looking even greater in a losing effort and Tessa giving it all she had was beautiful to watch. She took it all from Sami outside of Thumb Tacks and she kept getting up. She carries the name of Blanchard and Blanchards fight till the end.

You guys just don't understand Sami giving Tessa her Golden Bat was one of best moments in Impact for me this year. Sami has NEVER....EVER.....EVER...giving props during Matches, not even Swann who he considered his Brother. Sami doing that that moment, how can you not tear up and have even more of a respect for Callihan. I can say this lastly about Tessa Blanchard, she is the number one Female Talent in the US right now. This feud was handled with great care and this Match was handled just as well. Taya better be looking over her Shoulder because Tessa is going to be Knockouts Champion by the end of the Year, and who knows maybe Sami might be holding some gold too by the end of 2019.