IMPACT! on AXS TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
V3amfN8.gif

HBWUS76l.jpg

kCqE0gfl.jpg

xDWSDr9l.jpg

hrfwKghl.jpg

New Home so a new Thread I feel was needed. Tonight they had a few Matches involving The Rascalz vs AAA, and Rayne vs Blackheart, but mostly the Show was to hype up for their debut next Tuesday while also recapping what happened at Bound for Glory. I must say looking at the Card for the first true Show on AXS TV can't wait to see it already. Cage vs Callihan 2 he was able to convince on his own way to get a rematch vs Cage and would it shock anyone to see him to use all the tricks in his Tool Belt to win on Tuesday? Edwards vs Austin 2 with all that momentum going for it, seeing as the X-Division Title is not the line Eddie should win it. Alisha I would love to see turn on Eddie and really be with Ace let's do it and stop the pussy footing around please Impact.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This actually looks like a decent lineup. I still don't have AXS. I'll probably check it out afterwards.

Reactions: Hoss

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’ll watch it later tonight. I got it DVRing but watching other stuff.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
This actually looks like a decent lineup. I still don't have AXS. I'll probably check it out afterwards.

It also airs on Twitch still so you can still stream it totally free.

I watched the first 30 minutes earlier but I was at the gym and it was distracting me so I'll have to finish it later.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Alrighty so week one of Impact on AXS TV is in the books and there was plenty of good stuff going on.

First off, the new opening video looked fantastic. Looks like they got a new set as well. Slight upgrade. Not sure if I like the red color scheme compared to the blue they were using before. The blue ropes and lighting gave it a more futuristic vibe somehow. The red color scheme has things looking more classic, and there's definitely less pop to it. But I think a part of that might actually be the subpar lighting in the arena. Curious to see if it looks different in other venues or not.

Marufuji vs. Josh Alexander was a solid opening match. It wasn't like edge of your seat action but it was some great striking and some great counters by these two. After his showing at BFG and this week on Impact, I am curious to know how Marufuji is viewed in the puro world these days because there was a time when I thought of him as one of the best talents in the world, but my impression is that his best days are behind him now. Of course, I have to consider he wrestled an inconsistent Michael Elgin and a pretty average wrestler in Josh Alexander. Might not be fair to judge him based off that. And then again, even the best wrestlers have their share of 2.5 or 3 star matches. Anyways…

I really don't know WHAT THE FUCK that Rascalz and Bahh segment was but it was actually, truly funny to me. I've never liked Bahh that much but he starred here. Rascalz are always great. I appreciate that Impact isn't afraid to just openly have some stoner characters.

Jordynne Grace scoring the pin on Taya Valkyrie in the six-woman tag match was actually a pleasant surprise and a positive outcome for me since I would much rather have her contending for the title than Tenille Dashwood. Great gem on commentary in this match as they're talking about Madison Rayne…

Don: Madison likes to boss people, have you noticed that?

Josh: Well yeah, she calls herself the locker room leader.

Don: Bet she keeps her boyfriend or husband in line.

Josh: Yeah, I'd hate to be that guy!

:lmao

Rob Van Dam cuts a promo saying that without him there'd be no Kenny Omega, Daniel Bryan or Young Bucks...

Wow. I genuinely don't think he had anything to do with influencing or paving the way for any of those guys. Certainly didn't play as big of a role as guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit. Delusion aside, I like this gives no fucks attitude he's displaying after turning heel at BFG. Solid promo.

I'm thankful that Mack and Swann got the win over Desi Hit Squad. A feud between those two and The North for the titles sounds like something I can get into. I have no love for The Desi Hit Squad tbh. I just can't get into them.

Ugh. Moose. While I'm pretty indifferent to The Desi Hit Squad, I think I actively dislike Moose. I just feel like he can't play his gimmick effectively. It requires way too much talking for a guy who is not that skilled at it. This segment just wreaked to me.

A confrontation between Ken Shamrock and Joey Ryan? Aye. Who is this for? Like really. Who is going to see Ken Shamrock and Joey Ryan in a ring together and say "now I'm interested"? Despite that, the back and forth was pretty well executed. It doesn't change the fact that this match sounds like complete ass unfortunately.

Moving on we have the new X Division Champion Ace Austin continuing the feud with Call Your Shot winner Eddie Edwards in a non-title street fight. I will never not be upset that Edwards has become this boring ass Tommy Dreamer tribute act. I still have love for the guy but man… I want better for him. As for Ace, I see money in the guy for sure. I would be surprised if he isn't Impact World Champion at some point, assuming he sticks around and doesn't get swiped up by a bigger company. This match was alright but it was just basic hardcore mess and nothing special, particularly by 2019 standards. Post-match we got some storyline progression, Alisha agreeing to have dinner with Ace. Very intriguing.

So Su Yung is back in the fray but it seems like she's now snapped out of her zombified state and has no memory of all the undead stuff? Definitely an interesting new development. I missed a ton of the Undead Realm/Su Yung/Rosemary nonsense so I'm pretty out of the loop on what exactly is going on but I think I know enough about it that I can pick up on it now and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

And the main event, Callihan and Cage in a cage match for the Impact World Championship. I feel it was a pretty underwhelming match if I'm being totally honest. The BFG match was better and I think Callihan winning the title here, rather than at BFG, made it feel more anticlimactic. Besides that circumstantial stuff, I just didn't think the match itself was all that well worked. It was pretty repetitive stuff and yeah, I know Brian Cage is "The Machine" but four Cactus Special piledrivers and then another off the middle rope to win the match is just overkill. To me, the highlight of the whole match was Brian Cage climbing into the cage like a fucking animal. It's a good thing Tessa came out after the match to have the staredown with Sami. That helped make things feel a bit more special and was a great way to punctuate this first week of the AXS TV era. I'm stoked Callihan finally got the title and now we can move towards the culmination of this Blanchard vs. oVe feud which I'm hoping ends with Tessa as World Champion.

I have to say I'm glad I've come back to Impact Wrestling now. Been watching it consistently for a little over a month now and I feel I've gotten everything I could have hoped for out of it. It's absolutely rough around the edges but the company has a charm to it that you don't get from WWE or AEW. Add to that the fact that there's a great match or two each week on TV, an exciting roster and some really refreshing storylines and characters and you've got an enjoyable wrestling product. Also want to mention that the crowd for this show is the best there's been in a while. It's so much better watching this show with a crowd that gives a damn. This new era is promising and if things continue to go how they did this week, I'll have no problem committing 90 minutes a week to this show. Looking forward to next week. The matches announced so far aren't super enticing on paper but I already know there's gonna be fireworks with Eddie, Alisha and Ace Austin and no doubt something crazy is in store for the first week of Sami's reign as Impact World Champion. I can't wait!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Before I get into my thoughts on the first Impact Wrestling Show on AXS TV I like to say how proud I am being a fan of this Company. For Years people have asked why I'm I still watching Impact and it's a fool thing to do and that is coming from friends in the Wrestling Community out there. It sucks when people try to bring you do when they don't love something and never let it effect you. I've been there through the good and bad, through all the people coming in and out, Titles changing, Name changes, and I'm still here being loyal till my dying last breathe. I hope this deal for them makes them a even bigger Company and it continues to have Impact no longer a punch line rather a line to watch great consistent Wrestling Week to Week.

Marufuji vs Alexander. Personally I rather would of wanted to see The North get a showcasing seeing as though the time and effort you put in them to put them over your best Tag Team in Years in LAX, but this Match was a quality Match, but certainly not something I'll remember by the end of the Week to be honest. It more of a showcase to show Alexander can go with a Puro Legend in Marufuji rather than start up feud, but that could always change especially when Alexander decided not to shake Marufuji's Hand.

The Rascalz with Bahh had me laughing, but also shaking my head. Bahh because of TJP started to say more than Bahh, but I guess getting him high made him into a new Man in mere minutes. We will see if that matters when he faces Elgin next Week! Rosemary/Nicole/Grace vs Taya/Hogan/Rayne. Good to see Grace getting the win here, she's been waiting in the Wings for a shot at The Knockouts Title and it's going to happen for her sooner rather than later. Tenille vs Taya's Program kinda failed and the BFG Match didn't do it any favors, but Grace is a whole another animal to deal with.

I really dug RVD's first Heel Promo putting himself over as God's gift to the World. I wouldn't say RVD influenced all those talents he was talking about, but The Young Bucks would say yes to a degree. The Young Bucks would dive anywhere in the building if need be, and RVD in his prime was surely that for many years putting the ECW Company on his back for many Years. I hope this upcoming Program with Rhino works out for them, if not I'm sure RVD can just go back to Katie Forbes in the Hot Tub and bang it out.

Mack and Swann even though it was against Desi Hit Squad was a great showcase for them. Mack and Swann are so good together and with the win over LAX and now Desi Hit Squad, they are hitting that momentum to really create some great stuff with The North in the future. I would say for Desi Hit Squad get rid of Gama's Son and have Shera and Roju tag together because his Son really doesn't have it or at least has potential right now to be apart of the Roster. Moose on The Golf Course intimidating people yeah that is so him hey a hole in one! The Touch my Dick Segment with Ryan and Shamrock came off great I felt, the Gracie burn on him made me chuckle so hard can't wait to see Ken beat Ryan all around the Ring next Week.

Ace Austin vs Eddie Edwards might of stolen the Show for me, might need to rewatch the two Title Matches just to make sure. Ace Austin has been money for quite awhile and he really raised his stock here with his performance and win. I loved the fuck outta that Trash Can spot where he got engulfed and the fans did as well. For sure these two aren't done with each other yet, Alisha just need to get with Ace and screw over Eddie to put this over the top. No longer Su Yung now Suzie is a huge risk to take with her Character even know what they were doing with her wasn't working or getting over. I hope it not a Joesph Park/Abyss situation to where all of sudden she remembers who she is, rather I see her become a new crazy girl and just embrace her roots, but still be Suzie if that makes sense.

Cage vs Callihan was a fun Main Event even though I dug their BFG Match more though. I'm glad Sami got that win even though he should of came at BFG. I'm happy to see him not need oVe to get that win, just use what God gave you in this World. Bloody and bruised and Cage taking 4 Cactus Piledrivers he is the new Impact World Champion. The Devil now has the World Title and the feud with Tessa is going to go up another level I feel. I can't wait to see what those two do and say towards each other leading to the eventual Match down the road. Great first Week Impact keep it going!

Reactions: Chris

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Pretty decent show, I dug that main event. From what I’ve seen on YouTube, Callahan has been awesome so good for him winning the title.

I liked the Tessa video package too, the continuation of the feud with Sami should be good.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
5lfK2PXl.jpg

cqWh6Nfl.jpg

0s7g2wrl.jpg

27LqZ1Cl.jpg

Sami Callihan's Impact Championship Celebration! Let's be honest it's been past due for that to happen for him, but it's good more than now with them with AXS Tv. The Devil's Child has the Championship and now everyone should be put on notice that it's going to be extremely hard to take it away from him. Tessa Blanchard I expect to be the Party Pooper and man this Feud is going to be crazy now that Sami is the Champion.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Another episode in the books. We had a bit of a dip in quality this week I felt, but there was still a good bit of positives to take away from this episode.

I have to say - starting the show with a Moose match is definitely not the way to get my interest. I've said it enough times now but he just isn't that special. He's a bore in the ring, he's a bore on the mic. If it was me, Willie Mack is a guy I'd be getting behind as an upper midcard/main event guy, but instead he gets fed to Moose here. Shame.

I really love how Impact directs segments. It's weird for a wrestling program but I'm fond of it personally. And on that same note, I love how Impact is booking Ace and his storyline with Alisha Edwards. This young punk telling his buddies he's been nailing a chick he actually hasn't been is very appropriate for him and, honestly, pretty realistic for his character. So Alisha overhears him saying all this to Reno Scum and of course it foreshadows some vengeance coming later in the night. Sure enough a few segments later, Alisha gives Ace the key to her hotel room. Yeah, that's a set up. Ace makes it to the hotel where Alisha tells him to get naked and put on a blindfold. Wanna guess what happens next? THEY PLOW!

No, of course not. Eddie Edwards is there and he and Alisha chase Ace out of the hotel with a kendo stick. And apparently, that's just what their marriage needed because they then start making out on the floor in the hotel hallway. There's someone standing down at the end of the hall during the whole segment and I just want to know if he was an extra or just some actual bystander wondering what the fuck was going on in this hotel lol.

Anyhow...

Hard to beat a good hoss battle which is what we got with Elgin vs. Bahh. Although Bahh is still limited in the ring, he can give you hard strikes which is all he really needed to do here. Elgin looked fantastic hitting multiple suplexes and lifting Bahh up into a fireman's carry. A few weird moments on commentary though. Josh asked Don like a hundred questions throughout for some reason. "How tall do you think these guys are?", "How much can Elgin bench?", "Will Elgin become World Champion?", "Can Bahh win this match?"... so on and so forth. And then they bring up NJPW being on AXS TV and say Elgin chose to leave there because he was tired of waiting for a title shot in the Japan system, so he made the jump over to Impact and decided to take what he wanted. So basically, it's easier to get a title shot in Impact than in NJPW? Is that supposed to be a good thing? I didn't get that. Anyways, a great match for TV that puts both guys over, though it's Elgin that ultimately wins with the Crippler Crossface.

So The North cut another really solid promo and call out Marufuj to find a partner to challenge them for the Tag Team Championship next week. I was really curious to see who it would be, but figured it would be someone from within Impact, rather than another puro guy. And sure enough it's announced later that his partner will be Eddie Edwards. I know Eddie is a former GHC Heavyweight Champion but that was a totally different Eddie Edwards. Kind of an underwhelming choice tbh but The North vs. Marufuji and Edwards for the Tag Team Championship sounds like a solid enough match for next week's Impact.

Big fan reaction for Joey Ryan vs. Ken Shamrock to my shock. Like, people were chanting for both of them. Even before they did anything. Shamrock got on the second rope and hyped out the crowd and they got fucking loud. I just… didn't see it coming. At all. Now, one thing that did go as expected was the match being mediocre as hell. I don't want to say it was bad, but it wasn't good. Shamrock got dick flipped and them immediately submitted Ryan so hopefully that's the end of this little storyline. Though I feel like there's a good chance of Shamrock and Ryan forming an unlikely alliance out of this.

Taya got herself into a match with Madison Rayne. It was pretty back and forth, and Taya ultimately had to cheat to get the win. Of course she was never losing this thing after taking a pin last week in that six man. The real story of the whole thing was Jordynne Grace coming out and continuing to apply the pressure to Taya and signaling that she's coming for Taya's belt. That's good stuff, imo. Jordynne is looking like the future of this division right now.

I just don't care about the Desi Hit Squad. This storyline they're kicking off with Gama bringing in Bhupinder Singh as his new protege and telling Rohit and Raj that they'll lose their spot if he outperforms them is something, I guess. But yeah, just don't see myself ever getting into this act. Especially since Bhupinder lost his first fucking match here against Petey Williams. Honestly, what am I supposed to see in this faction? They aren't good wrestlers, they aren't good characters, they don't do comedy, they aren't dominant or fearsome. It's literally a group of bad, boring losers.

Still liking the looks of this new Su Yung angle though. They're taking things nice and slow so far. Can't complain.

And we cap off the night with Tommy Dreamer of all people coming out to confront Sami Callihan. Holy shit. Please make it stop. He cuts a very basic face promo where he says "You know who's the draw? These people!" while pointing at the crowd. What the fuck does that mean? That makes no sense and is probably the furthest thing from the truth. Anyways he rallies the troops, and by troops I mean Tessa, Rich Swann and Daga (thankfully it wasn't Rhino, Sabu and Sandman) and we have ourselves and impromptu 4 on 4 extreme rules match. Honestly the only parts of this match that mattered were the parts where Tessa got her hands on Sami and the finish which was Swann pinning Sami with a roll up. Which means he will presumably get a title shot in the near future, right? That's cool but they did the same thing last week where Jordynne pulled Taya in a multi person tag match so it was honestly too soon to go back to that well. Kind of a dry finish to Impact with the faces standing tall and oVe furious. Eh.

Felt like the first half of this episode was really strong but it fell off pretty dramatically as it went on, I'd say. The big ups for me were Elgin vs. Bahh, the Ace Austin/Alisha Edwards segments and the continuation of this Su Yung storyline. Besides that, I could have really lived without the rest. Next week has some promise though as we will get The North vs. Marufuji and Edwards and with Turning Point taking place this Saturday, we're sure to have some interesting fallout from that.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Impact up and down this Week for sure with the Fallout of Sami's first Impact World Title from last week you would of thought they could of given us a stronger Show. Some people are torn with Moose these days not being in the Camp with him, but I'm on the side of being on his side because I've seen what he could when you give him some good shit to work with. Moose's feud and Matches with Eddie Edwards were great, problem is that was Months ago and his momentum has been stalled and you can't expect to help him putting him together with a past his prime talent in Shamrock. If you consider him to be somebody you do better by him just saying Impact. You saw him work well with Mack this Week and the Second Half of this Bout was good just wished they would stick with that for him.

Elgin vs Bahh is not the first time those two have faced and once again this Hoss Battle between the two was entertaining to me. I don't know how much longer you're going to keep Elgin down and waiting in the Wings for another go around for the Impact World. Cage is the only guy that has been able to keep up and match up he needs another guy like that. Impact time to call up Killer Kross and get him back on TV. I'm very interested on who will be Marufuji's Tag Partner next Week vs The North, sucks that Impact don't have Ishimori anymore he would of been perfect for that spot.

Oh boy that Shamrock vs Ryan Match had me scratching my head for sure. The fans were so into it for both guys and it wasn't like what they were doing was special it was pretty shocking to me. I like how Shamrock gave no fucks about using his Wrestling Gear during the Match and is that the first time someone has been Dick flipped and Ryan still lose the Match? Oh well Shamrock gets the win and I imagine these two will be a team and I can only imagine what will Shamrock look like if he starts acting like Joey Ryan homie. Taya vs Rayne was another weird Match to make for me. Both are Heels and I'm suppose to get behind either lady? I mean I love sexy ass Wera Loca, but it serves no purpose to have these two facing off just to show Taya is a bigger Heel and on top of the Food Chain we already know that. Still the Match was quite entertaining and Callis and Mathews's Commentary I really liked it in this one so it got over with me by the end. Grace showing up in front of Taya is telling everyone tick tock she is next in line and Hard To Kill will be the Place to settle those problems between the two.

Suzie Segment with Rosemary has me so wanting a Team Up. They should of done that when Suzie was Su Yung, but this creepiness just might work out between the two and right the Ship in the right direction with both Characters. Singh vs Williams. Yeah this new Desi Hit Squad Member has some potential and would be better than Gama's Son, but he's still very green out there. You can't do wrong working with Petey, but Shera is gone and you bring in this for what reason? This Group is never going to lift off as a group if they keep losing left and right. Petey just needs to turn Heel and join up with Elgin and form up some Team Canada group again because him just being there as talent saddens me.

I really liked the Hotel Segment with Alisha, Austin, and Edwards. Alisha was looking fly and I found it funny how long it took him to take off his Clothes. Boy I was ripped apart my Clothes and kicked my Shoes off if a beautiful girl was telling me to get comfortable. The guy when Eddie and Alisha was getting it on in the Hallway of the Hotel was like so were filming Pornos at this Hotel now cool.

DRAW..DRAW...DRAW... It was a oVe's night between taking shots at anyone who drinks the Bubbly to putting Frosting on Talent safe to say they were all on Cloud 9 during this Show. The Impromptu Match felt a little off to me, but it was a huge...huge mistake to have your new Champion lose his first Week out. You want to keep him strong and stay at that level before his Match vs Tessa at Hard to Kill goes down.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Zhr2ZQkl.jpg

8LdiBEyl.jpg

cE7eoBjl.jpg

JmK0wGtl.jpg

qiFpM5yl.jpg

6iYhw1nl.jpg

Dat Main Event is going to be a War this Week, and come on now who isn't looking forward to who Marufuji chooses as her Tag Partner vs The North, while also giving us some Bangarama and X-Division action. Last Week was a huge failure in my mind after what they did having Sami Callihan win the Impact World Title, let's get back down the right road tonight please.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Good shit this week from Impact.

Real solid action in the opening match to determine a new number one contender for the X Division Championship. I would say the biggest negative was that no one in the match was particularly over. I was happy that Aiden Prince and Brent Banks got a good amount of shine, being mostly unknown properties. Trey Miguel was a fine choice to win the thing. I might have preferred Willie Mack but yeah. Ace Austin was no MJF on commentary but I have to give him credit for playing things like he was too cool to be there, which is fitting for his persona.

The Madison Rayne match was just a Madison Rayne match. She controlled most of the match against her less experienced opponent and any time things started to slip away, she used some dirty tricks to swing things back in her favor. And ultimately, she won. For what it's worth, Alexia Nicole looked good on offense. I wouldn't mind seeing her make more appearances. Though, every time we got a good look at her face, I couldn't help but to think she looks like Mona-Lisa Saperstein from Parks and Rec lol.

Crazy as it may be I actually liked the promos featuring Johnny Swinger and RVD. Swinger, true to his throwback gimmick, decided to shit in Petey Williams' bag because he turned down an offer to be Swinger's young boy last week. Only it turned out to be Ken Shamrock's bag instead. The second segment, later in the night, where Swinger is bragging about “hazing in the new kid on the block”, Ken Shamrock, and Jimmy Jacobs and the other staff members are telling him that’s not allowed was pretty hilarious. When Jimmy said he’s going to have to tell HR and Swinger said “Well tell Harley Race! He used to fill up Dusty’s bag all the time!” was actually some pretty good comedy. So we'll surely get a match out of that. And then RVD was still on vacation with Katie Forbes but he promised they would both be on Impact next week. I'll take it.

Daga performed well once again, defeating the recently dethroned X Division Champion Jake Crist. This guy is seriously growing on me. And it looks like Impact is behind him as well. Trey Miguel is next to challenge Ace Austin for the title, but after that I can definitely see Daga stepping up to the plate. That would be a really good feud.

I was expecting Tessa and Rich vs. Sami and Fulton to main event the show. It probably should have. But, the main event did turn out to be the tag title match, so I guess I can kinda respect that. Anyways, Sami evens the score by pinning Rich Swann. Sensible move. I did not enjoy the post match beatdown by Sami and Madman because I felt like that would have been a good opportunity for Tessa to prevail over oVe, but instead that default CAW Brian Cage had to be the one to rush down and clean house. I understand the decision there, to justify and hype up his inclusion in next week’s elimination match to determine the new number one contender, but given how little he interests me in general, I still feel it was a miss.

I thought Havok vs. Crystal Moon was really funny because the commentary team pretty much buried Moon the whole time and gave her absolutely no shot. Also because she looks like the first evolution of a Pokemon that Havok is the final evolution of lol. Still slow burning the Su Yung thing. Nothing wrong with that.

And finally the main event of The North vs. Eddie Edwards and Marufuji. Honestly, fantastic match! I love The North anyways. They’ve been a huge highlight for Impact in their run as tag champs. They tend to cut really good promos and in the ring, they’re just a great old school union like The Brain Busters or The Hart Foundation. Not saying they’re that good, but they have the same chemistry and scientific approach in the ring. Marufuji looked like the legend of old in this thing, just kicking the shit out of everyone and Edwards also turned back the clock a little, returning to his American Wolves form for this thing. Really entertaining match and they definitely had me thinking Edwards and Marufuji were about to win the titles. Great way to close the show.

Top to bottom I think this was the best episode of the AXS era. I felt like there weren’t any inexplicably bad booking calls here and every match was decent at worst, with the main event as well as the two X Division matches really delivering some great quality work. Next week we have the big elimination challenge to determine the number one contender for Callihan’s title at Hard To Kill. Obviously, the cat is already out of the bag as to who will win that match, but I’m definitely curious to see how the whole thing plays out.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Thank the Wrestling Gods for helping Impact have their best Show since starting on AXS TV! After these couple of Weeks I've been worried the momentum for the Show has been going down, but we saw the Show I feel knock it outta the Park. The X-Division Contendership was a perfect opener for this Show. Yeah I would say the guys in this are not over just yet, but I feel all of them really performed well with each other. Prince and Banks two guys a new Impact Fan might not know much about, really raised their stock as well within the Company. Kinda shocked Impact didn't try to get Dez in this party, but hey Trey is a guy who will have a great Match with Ace Austin. I know one thing Ace Austin better be worrying about keeping his X-Division Title, rather than creeping on Trey's Mother.

You know when I saw that Madison Rayne was going to have a Match during the Show I was like meh really. I've gone on record to say that I haven't been a fan of hers since when Gail Kim returned to Impact the second time and that was many Moons ago. It doesn't change the fact that her Character work is still top notch as I believe her in Ring work has dropped off over the Years. The 33 time Knockouts Champion had a good bout with the upcomer Alexa Nicole. Nicole is still very green, but the same could be said for Kiera Hogan a Year ago and she came into her own. Nicole has the potential for that to happen for her as well, and Rayne working with her will help her greatly going forward.

Some funny Segments involving Rvd and Johnny Swinger this Week gotta be honest. Rvd is still in the Hot Tub with Forbes this whole time holy shit they must be really shrinking up in so many areas. RVD returns next Week and I'm going to laugh my ass off if it's just the same RVD doing more poses. I would like to see a new look from the guy though. As for Swinger he loves to live in the 70's and 80's, but boy did you shit in the wrong bag. Just the thought of him trying to take Petey[who is vastly underused and should join Elgin and The North and form Team Canada again] under his Wing is hilarious to me. Shamrock is going to kill that man hope he has a good Insurance policy.

Daga vs Jake Crist. I wonder how the average fan feels about Daga? You see I've followed Daga from AAA to Lucha Underground now to Impact Wrestling so I'm behind him all the way. I just wonder if people really want to see him as Champion just yet. Still Daga vs Crist was a good back and forth contest, to where Daga might be the next in line for the X-Division Crown before too long.

Swann/Blanchard vs Fulton/Callihan. Talk about a fun Tag Team Match that helped the big Elimination Match next week importance. Both teams gelled together really really and it was the right win for Sami and boy did he need it. I do find it interesting Impact added Cage so late. I mean Cage is a former Impact Champion and I knew a rematch would happen and it already did, but really didn't need him in there. Granted it's Tessa's to win, and someone maybe someone already leaked the pic of Tessa posing with Sami in the background, but hey next week who knows Cage and Elgin refuel that rivalry of theirs and that comes outta the Match as well!

Havok vs Moon. Skippable of course it's just to have her win and slowly build toward Suzie totally remembering what Havok did to her. I wonder though if Impact makes her go back to Su Yung or something even deadlier.

The Main Event of a great way to end off the Episode this let me tell you. Week to week people are talking about how good The North is and when you're in the Ring with guys in Edward and Marufuji, two who have won Titles in many Companies and killing it out there with them then people are going to start to really consider you the top tier of Teams in the World for sure. Even though The North were expected to win, Edwards and Marufuji had some great moments to make you believe a upset could be possible. I don't know if those two have ever tagged before, but I wouldn't mind it happening again going forward. So with that a fun Impact this Week and I can't wait to see the chaos in the 6 Way Elimination Match.

pfEj06al.jpg

OxHBU3tl.jpg

BCWoaKwl.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

This should be a lot of fun next week.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Let's be honest here that Main Event for Impact this Week was the whole fucking show in terms of Storytelling, and Quality of Match throughout and I was happy to see how it turned out. I'll go into those thoughts on the actual Match at the end, but let's start from the beginning sexy foxes. How dare Impact put out teams like Reno Scum and Desi Hit Squad and expect me to try to care about it. Still even with my negative thoughts about those two teams I felt the Match got good and turned into an entertaining Tag Match. No shock to see Ace hiding in the Wings, but it's funny how he rocks a Cross Necklace the same style I have, and yet is trying to sleep with Married Women SINNER! :lizlol

Would be a shock if Trey's Mom goes with Ace for a time because wouldn't it be stupid though he tries to get with her and it's just a set up for a slap during their Hard to Kill Match and Ace still retains. A great and dominating performance for Jordynne Grace over Taya and Johnny Bravo. I love to see Thick Mama Pump show that mean side to her as she was kicking the life outta Bravo, and Callis saying she's going to kill this kid and then Taya says do something Bravo man that was funny. Taya knows what she is doing though just when you have her backed in the corner, she finds a way to win and you're left wondering what happened.

RVD saying I need 10-12 Hours of sleep shit I'm lucky to get 5-6 hours a night in a Work Week and Weekends I go to Bed late and wake up late. I wish I could get that amount of hours of sleep, but I'm happy to work early in the morning when people are still sleeping and dreaming about Sheep. Still I imagine RVD and Impact are going to hold back RVD for quite awhile what is going to get him to come there with Forbes without them being blazed and drunk? Never take a ride with James Mitchell that is rule number 1, but Rosemary and Mitchell are fighting over Suzie we will see who gets there way in the end.

Swinger shit performance in Shamrock's bag came back to bite him this Week. Swinger is lucky he wasn't crippled, oh boy just the thought of what might Swinger might do to get even is a scary and funny at the same time to think about.

6 Way Elimination Match for the Number one Contendership for the Impact World Title. Man this was a ride that I didn't want to end that's for damn sure. Some people might not liked Daga getting eliminated early and preferred him going further, but he's still new to the audience and yeah it would of been a perfect time to move him up in the World, but I'm not sure if I would of put him over guys like Elgin or Swann or Cage, but with that they did a huge mistake not letting him get more work in when he was out there. Moose for all his antics I thought did well as well. I dig him for his size doing things he shouldn't be doing and doing it with swagger. He was the perfect guy to Swann who came later. Swann is easily the MVP of this Match it was amazing to see him bruised up, hurting, and bleeding from his Mouth fighting through Moose, through Elgin before falling to Cage. Elgin had Months ago if I remember correctly had a banger one one vs the other and another one with Johnny Impact involved, so a full program with these two is going to be amazing. I do wonder where does this leave Cage after not winning? That is a major question I have for him, but with that Tessa had a good performance towards the end to win the Match. It was obvious she was going to win, and in some ways she is in the shadow of what Swann did earlier, but she has been working hard for many Months to win this Match. We will see if Impact will make her World Champion should be a huge response if she does win at Hard to Kill.

Next week time to go back to 1983 WHICH MEANS....
OnrOvL4.gif