Impact Flashback 2#

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

AJ Styles vs Low Ki vs Psicosis vs Jerry Lynn[June 19th, 2002]

This match would crown the first ever X-Division Champion for their company back in 2002. The rules were you needed to get pinned twice to be eliminated, which is a unique type of stipulation to add to this match. It's just not how you get the pin, but the amount of time and energy you use to get that pin. We had two veterans in Lynn and Psicosis known Wrestlers from their days in ECW and WCW, with two new Young Lions in Low Ki and AJ Styles. This match is such a great showing to a new audience who paid their money for the weekly Impact PPV on what was Impact Wrestling going to look like going forward. You could tell the company was going to successful not just what the Main Event Scene was doing, but how good was the X-Division going to be.

Styles get early pins on Psicosis and Low Ki and find it funny Lynn came after all of that and beat Styles within moments. From here Lynn using his intelligence and Generalship on what to do there in the ring to lead Low Ki and Styles to a great match. You couldn't take your eyes off the screen, because it seemed like you we seeing styles that many fans didn't really see before. Once Low Ki was eliminated Lynn and Styles really tore it up at there, and fans knew Lynn could go in that ring, but a good amount of fans had no clue who Styles was, and what he could do in the ring. A great showcase of all the guys involved and it lead to some future great matches involving Styles, Low Ki and Jerry Lynn for the next few months.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky and Chris

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
And to think three of those men were losing to the Flying Elvis Impersonators a week prior

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
And to think three of those men were losing to the Flying Elvis Impersonators a week prior

I bet you're right my memory back then is blank. Hey wasn't Jimmy Wang apart of that group pretty sure he was back then. Talk about a guy who was underused throughout his Career.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I bet you're right my memory back then is blank. Hey wasn't Jimmy Wang apart of that group pretty sure he was back then. Talk about a guy who was underused throughout his Career.
Jimmy Yang, Sonny Siaki, and Jorge Estrada. Siaki did good things for TNA, but retired in 2008 because he donated a kidney

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Jimmy Yang, Sonny Siaki, and Jorge Estrada. Siaki did good things for TNA, but retired in 2008 because he donated a kidney

Yeah I remember liking Siaki. He was an impressive dude for his size and he had speed to kill it in the X-Division which he did become eventually X-Division Champion.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Yeah I remember liking Siaki. He was an impressive dude for his size and he had speed to kill it in the X-Division which he did become eventually X-Division Champion.
Shame how many careers don't take off as much as they could. Siaki could have easily been one of their much-lauded TNA Originals and a real company guy