Impact Cancelled?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wrestling Observer said:
Just days before the move was announced, Destination America made the decision to cancel TNA wrestling, with the time frame given at the end of the third quarter. Key people at the Discovery Channel network were informed of the decision at that point.

The word internally was that while they considered the ratings good, the ratings were not good enough to justify the cost of the programming. The other problem was that so many regular station advertisers specifically did not want to advertise on the show.

Dixie Carter was aware of the decision early last week although it doesn't appear that most of the talent knew anything since word of things like this would get around quickly and this had not. Carter didn't respond to any questions on the subject.
If this is true, ouch. Gotta' love the classic Dixie move of not telling anyone though.

On the bright side, if TNA finally dies, GFW should reap the benefits in terms of getting some more star power on its roster.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I heard DA hadn't finalized their decision which is why I didn't post the article but if this is true then...

LOLFUCKTNA

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
A sad day indeed but funny as well.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Absolutely horrible news for wrestling as a whole if true.

TNA was competition for WWE, sure it wasn't huge competition but it was competition nonetheless. Wrestling needs competition for WWE so I really hope they manage to fix this somehow.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
When was TNA competition? Seriously? Outside of Vince knowing they existed, I can't think of a single moment in time where I viewed the company as literal competition. An alternative? Sure. Competition? Ludicrous.

As I said earlier though, this could end up benefitting GFW while also getting Dixie Carter away from wrestling, which are both great things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Absolutely horrible news for wrestling as a whole if true.

TNA was competition for WWE, sure it wasn't huge competition but it was competition nonetheless. Wrestling needs competition for WWE so I really hope they manage to fix this somehow.

Honestly not concerned with competition any more. Between New Japan, PWG, ROH, WWN, CHIKARA, Lucha Underground & the UK Indy's & GFW coming soon, there's more than enough variety in wrestling these days to compensate. Even in WWE you have the choice between current, NXT & old school through the Network. The guys and girls there who need work will find it, scene will continue to move without TNA.

Let TNA burn to the ground, let WWE continue to to put on unwatchable weekly TV, there's more than enough alternatives out there.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You know, lost in all of this is the sad fact that Billy Corgan will be making more shitty music. DA really fucked us over on that one. :lol:

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
You know, lost in all of this is the sad fact that Billy Corgan will be making more shitty music. DA really fucked us over on that one. :lol:

Smashing Pumpkins still kick the shit out of AC/DoucheC any day of the week.

Besides, considering he's been doing it for a couple years now I imagine Billy Corgan will eventually find work somewhere else in the pro wrestling field.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Smashing Pumpkins still kick the shit out of AC/DoucheC any day of the week.

Could be. I've never heard of AC/DoucheC before. Are they an AC/DC cover band? A lot of those acts are pretty poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think it went over your head Cochrane :lol:

[MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION]

You think wwe is unwatchable? Shit man I think they're doing the best in a long time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I think it went over your head Cochrane :lol:

[MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION]

You think wwe is unwatchable? Shit man I think they're doing the best in a long time.

Okay, unwatchable is maybe a bit strong, but I honestly have no interest in watching 3 hours of Raw every week. Raw going 3 hours killed my interest in that show. And with Smackdown being mostly rematches & inconsequential storyline development, I can't really get excited about that either. The product is massively oversaturated at this point, with rematch after rematch for the sake of filling TV time.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Okay, unwatchable is maybe a bit strong, but I honestly have no interest in watching 3 hours of Raw every week. Raw going 3 hours killed my interest in that show. And with Smackdown being mostly rematches & inconsequential storyline development, I can't really get excited about that either. The product is massively oversaturated at this point, with rematch after rematch for the sake of filling TV time.

Well rematches are kind of how wrestling works. One match never decides a feud. If they switched feuds every month, things would get crazy.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well rematches are kind of how wrestling works. One match never decides a feud. If they switched feuds every month, things would get crazy.
All well and good, but how many times do we have to see Neville, Barrett, Sheamus and Ziggler wrestle each other? It's monotonous.