Hi all

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the meet and greet traditional thread thingamabob... Forgot to do this.

Hi guys, allow me to use this handy dandy template to give you a quick intro:

Name: Christa (yeah, I'm a chick)
Age: 29 (which may make me one of the older people here... :win: )
Favourite Superstar & Why: I've got more than one, but for the sake of argument I'll go with CM Punk since I've already been one of the odd ones out for liking him. ;) As far as why, the simplest way to answer that is I just do. I like him inside and outside the ring.
How long I've been a fan of wrestling: hmmm, this one is tougher to answer without getting into a longer story. I suppose the short story would be that I've only been a true fan for the past two or three years.
Favourite Wrestling Company: TNA, WWE and I'm somewhat into ROH, just don't follow it closely.
How did you find the site? Through a message I received on my YouTube account.
Will I be active here: I'm going to go with "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Well, there's my quick intro. Hope that helps. :) As per usual, if anyone cares to know more they can just ask. I'm friendly enough.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Welcome, just be prepared to be dominated by random love/hate messages because of your gender. I'm only talking about me messaging you, btw.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Welcome even though we've already spoke :).

Punk gets too much hate around here imo, he's still one of the best wrestlers in the world (not the best Randy), but if you look at his matches this year he's definitely been consistent and is clearly being held back by WWE character wise.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I'm not going to argue about your favourite wrestler since it's your introduction thread however I will warmly welcome you to the site. Welcome to WWEForums.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I, for one, also like Punk, but the problem is that the WWE is taking his character the wrong way in my opinion, in other words, he's not being booked very well.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I am a CM Punk fan, but I prefer him as a heel since his character as a face is boring. I hope you have a good time here :cool:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
AidsJohnson said:
Welcome, just be prepared to be dominated by random love/hate messages because of your gender. I'm only talking about me messaging you, btw.

lol... Perfectly prepared for that, thanks. ;) I've got experience from college football forums, too. Bring it on. :burns:

Crayo said:
Welcome even though we've already spoke :).

Punk gets too much hate around here imo, he's still one of the best wrestlers in the world (not the best Randy), but if you look at his matches this year he's definitely been consistent and is clearly being held back by WWE character wise.

Thanks, Crayo. :) Yeah, I noticed pretty quick this seemed to be a majority anti-Punk forum, but that's cool, too. To each his/her own. :) That's one thing that keeps sports interesting and entertaining. I agree with his wrestling skills, as well as him being held back by WWE with his character run. But, WWE doesn't seem to be thinking straight lately anyway. I just hope they do something to improve his character soon.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
lol... Perfectly prepared for that, thanks. ;) I've got experience from college football forums, too. Bring it on. :burns:

So you dealt with stuff like this?
funny-sports-pictures-theres-a-surprise-inside-nfl-football-new-orleans-saints-thong-dress-code.jpg

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Not Seabs said:
Punk has a high ceiling, so when he doesn't act to that standard it looks worse than what it is a lot of the time.

hmmm... I can honestly say I hadn't thought of it that way before, but you do have a very good point. Him being held back or not being allowed to perform at 100% or in his normal capacity would make it look even worse since people know what he's capable of.

Saylor said:
I'm not going to argue about your favourite wrestler since it's your introduction thread however I will warmly welcome you to the site. Welcome to WWEForums.

Thank you very much, Saylor. :) I appreciate the warm welcome.

Leo C said:
Welcome to the forums. I, for one, also like Punk, but the problem is that the WWE is taking his character the wrong way in my opinion, in other words, he's not being booked very well.

Thanks for the welcome. I agree 100%. WWE is being ridiculous with a great deal of its talent lately, as far as I'm concerned, and Punk is grouped in with those.

Farooq said:
Welcome to the forums. I am a CM Punk fan, but I prefer him as a heel since his character as a face is boring. I hope you have a good time here :cool:

Thank you! So far so good. :) Yeah, I generally prefer faces, but have liked some in heel roles, as well. Punk just seems better suited as a heel.

Farooq said:
So you dealt with stuff like this?
funny-sports-pictures-theres-a-surprise-inside-nfl-football-new-orleans-saints-thong-dress-code.jpg

:lol1:

That and then some. ;)
Of course, they had a section similar to the Locker Room here, except it was called The Pub. There were actually a couple of threads there -- one where you posted random photos of hot chicks and one called "Identify the tatas" where you posted boob shots of celebrities and others tried to figure out who they belonged to -- and I posted in those threads, too. :) I've got guy friends, I'm cool with all that. lol

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:

Badgers FTW.