Hass and Benjamin to reunite in ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
GBHHaasBenj.jpg

Ring of Honor announced yesterday that former WWE Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, "The World's Greatest Tag Team," would be making their ROH debut on September 11, 2010, at the company's Glory By Honor IX event. Benjamin and Haas will face the ROH World Tag Team Champions, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, known as "The Kings of Wrestling."

This is the right place for these two to wrestle as a team. In WWE and TNA they wouldn't be used right but here they can display their mat wrestling skills with being held back. Good selection for opponents as the Kings of Wrestling are a great tag team and the teams should work well together.​

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, if you ask me. I like that they're going to be reuniting in a place where they'll be treated equally. Sort of gives hope for the both of them, since they're large names coming off of the WWE. Maybe this is their calling, this is what they needed to have to get things going for them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a good place for them to go especially Benjamin after being with WWE for so long, I think that this will be his first ROH appearance and I am sure the crowd will love the guy because of his wrestling skills. This is a good thing for them to do in the indy's, will help ROH draw a few more fans to the show I am certainly very interested in seeing this.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Putting these two up against the Kings of Wrestling is a brilliant idea. Claudio and Hero are a hell of a tag team and upping their competition makes sense. A win here would be big. Also ROH fans are very knowledgeable fans so I expect a huge reaction for these two. Especially Haas actually.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its really exciting. To bring them back as a team also and have them face two of ROH's finest is a really good deal. Like Awesome Kong's appearence in July this will make the show one of the most talked about indie happenings of the year. I hope its not just a one off, and that they stick around for at least six months.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree I hope that this isn't a one night deal and that these two sign on with ROH and stick around for a year. They could do some great things in ROH and would be a big drawcard in my opinion for ROH since they together are a big name team.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Alhough I would like to Benjamin get a run as a singles wrestler in ROH, as after a promising start in WWE he was just wasted, I think the guy can go all the way in Wrestling. Haas is decent, but more suited as a tag wrestler.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that Shelton Benjamin was wasted as a singles wrestler in WWE, he could have been a maineventer for them but never made it past the midcard. If he had stronger promo skills, or was at least given more of a chance on the microphone then he could have made it to the top. A singles run in ROH, after a decent run as a tag team with Hass first, would be good to watch to see what he can do without restrictions. I agree that Haas is more suited to tag team wrestling and would have better success with that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I do not go along with him not being good on the mic, okay he was not outstanding, but I think he has enough to get by espically as a heel. The goldstanded was a good character for him, they just didn't push it hard enough. Maybe Benjamin needs a really good booker to folester him.