Hard Times Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
neNP0Q4l.jpg

fe3ERQ7h.jpg

January 24, here comes The NWA's second PPV coming to a TV Screen near you. Aldis vs Storm since he can't fight for The NWA World Title for now, what if theirs a Wargames in the works with Strictly Business and partners of Storm's choosing with the stipulation if Storm team wins, he gets a future Title shot? Some other Matches I feel come to mind Thunder Rosa vs Alysin Kay for the Women's Title, and maybe Anderson vs Cabana?​

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Did people forget about Hard Times or what? Maybe it was due to Smackdown on Friday, and Shows World's Collide, and The Royal Rumble so maybe that was the reason for people to put it on the back burner in their minds. The TV Tournament was very enjoyable seeing Trevor Murdoch and Ricky Starks make the the finals. I'm not super high on Murdoch, but he made me like him after the Matches he had during Hard Times especially the one he had with Starks in the finals. Murdoch was not playing any games, he gave Ricky a Closeline that felt like his Soul came out of his body. Starks winning was a great move for a guy with all the tools in the World to set the World on fire and he's doing it everywhere he's out for the NWA. Big props to fellas like Matt Cross and Maff who had good Matches in losing efforts, wouldn't mind seeing them once again with the NWA as this relationship with ROH develops further.

Steiner had a good effort vs Aron Stevens for the NWA NA Title. Let's be honest Scott beat him to death, and if it wasn't for Question Mark he would of lost his Championship. Question Mark's Game of Death Outfit was the best thing going for this Match. Drake and Storm winning the NWA Tag Titles was a shock to me to see. I thought Wild Card would win it back in this Match, but two of the top faces in the NWA win it instead. Drake and Storm have so much history with each other dating back to their Impact days, and now their are Tag Champs should be interesting how long they keep their egos in check.

I like to talk about how much I loved Thunder Rosa vs Allysin Kay for the NWA Women's Title. WWE gave us two Women's Matches last night and I feel this Match blows them away. Both ladies were looking to dominate the other, and it felt like a back and forth contest. Rosa working on the Arm of Kay was amazing to watch, how she tried to mentally and physically break her down. Every time you thought this is it for Rosa, Kay came back fighting to protect her Championship. This is the Kay I wanted to see with Impact, but thank goodness we got here, but that fight and energy wasn't enough to stop Rosa in this one. Rosa now is a Double Champion between winning the NWA Women's Title, and being the International Champion with TJPW yeah Rosa is moving up in the World. Great psychology, intensity, and action throughout watch this one and enjoy it.

Flip Gordon vs Nick Aldis. A fine NWA Title Match to watch. I haven't watched ROH in quite awhile so this new Flip, that isn't the happy go lucky type of Character was cool to see. Gordon proved himself worthy of this Title shot and being in the Match with Aldis so many times during this Match. They added the stipulation that if Flip wins, Marty is the dealer of the stuff that will happen between Aldis and himself. Now that Aldis retained, it will be up to him when and if he wants to fight Marty. I guess that means Marty will need to do some mugging with his boys to get his attention. So a fun PPV with plenty of fun moments, if you get a few hours to spare watch this Show you won't regret it.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows