GSP Targeting November Return To The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
November seems so far away right now, but that’s when UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is targeting his return to action.

St-Pierre is currently sidelined after tearing his ACL in training and having surgery to repair the damage. The champion appeared on HDNet’s Inside MMA on Monday where he gave an update on his recovery and estimated time for a return to the Octagon.

“Hard training will be in July, and fighting again for the timing to get back I would say in November, I can come back in November,” St-Pierre stated.

St-Pierre is currently undergoing rehabilitation in Los Angeles, where he also had the surgery to repair the knee.

If November is the time for St-Pierre to return, it will have been approximately 18 months from the last time he stepped foot in the Octagon at UFC 129 where he defeated Jake Shields.

In the mean time, the UFC will crown an interim welterweight champion on Feb. 4 when former Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz meets current top UFC contender Carlos Condit.

UFC president Dana White has already stated that it’s likely that the winner of that fight will defend the title at least once before St-Pierre is back healthy to unify the belts.

Dana White say the winner of Diaz/Condit will defend the title at least once before GSP returns, that fight will likely be against Koscheck or even Ellenberger sometime this Summer.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Why in the world is GSP going to be out til November. Figured he'd be back a lil sooner than that. Thinking others have returned sooner than that. Guess he is a slow healer.

But Koscheck does sound like a likely opponent for the interim champ... Nick Diaz :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Oh and here's the video of him talking about his return and who he'd rather fight for the title.

[video=youtube;O3i3-LNiifU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O3i3-LNiifU[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just from watching that it enforces my want for Diaz to win and keep the belt. So when those two face off... it WILL be a war.