Greatest Match of 2020 - You Decide

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crocker

Reaction score
What is the greatest match from 2020? Is it The Greatest Match Ever between Edge & Randy Orton at Backlash? Maybe it’s Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada from Wrestle Kingdom? Or is it Stadium Stampede from Double or Nothing?

Now it’s your chance to have your say, you have until October 5th at 5pm eastern time to send me a list of 25 matches of what you feel are the best 25 matches of the year.

After the lists have been sent in I will be awarding each match points based on their position on the list, so first place will get 25 points, 2nd will get 24 etc….

I will then add all the points totals up and then do a countdown to see what we as a forum believe to be the greatest match of the year.

October 5th is the deadline so you have almost six weeks to go back and watch any matches to help you do this list, you may also use this thread to recommend matches

Crocker

Reaction score
Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This one is going to be hard because the crowd is taken out of it

Reactions: Crocker

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
I'm a big fan of the cinematic deal so I'm excited about this one.

Reactions: Crocker

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I'll have a look after I watch Ashoka and put it up.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I watched less wrestling in 2020 than most other years ever so I won't know until I see all that I want to, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Big E/Sheamus falls count anywhere is the WWE tv MOTY. Really fun.

edit - (WWE tv as in main roster)

Last edited:

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Don't know if it makes my final list but as a big fan of Brian Kendrick I had to check out his match with A-Kid from the Feb 27th NXT UK and it's brief, but another really tight tv match. Felt a little like the kind of match Kendrick used to have on Velocity, except instead of being the athletic skinny young guy, he's trying to take down the athletic skinny young guy.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Got mine straight away just looking at cage match it was NXT UK match between Ilja Dragunov v WALTER. It had everything and then some. Delivered one of the best matches I've seen in years . They took each other too the the limit even when it was over they knew they had done something special and forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't they shake hands too?

Those chops Ilja was saying to WALTER Come on!! Was cool AF . His chest looked liked he'd been battered and still could get up the respect and appreciation I have for those two guys doing it in front of no audience as COVID was rampant we all remember those days .

For me with an audience they would of went bat shit crazy at the stuff both guys did.

That's my Match of 2020 @Crocker . You've had a good idea doing this man, congrats man.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
This one is going to be hard because the crowd is taken out of it
Still though my friend there's a.lot of matches I picked Ilja v WALTER but Kenny v PAC was a very close too getting the nod from me but the Ilja match was something special.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Yeah that WALTER/Dragunov will rank really high for me. Probably the stiffest match in WWE history.

• Love
Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Yeah that WALTER/Dragunov will rank really high for me. Probably the stiffest match in WWE history.
Why I liked it so much. They brought the best out of each other. It was a as I said before the best match I've seen in years , Danielson v swerve did in emotional way but not like the Ilja Walter one they brought out a different emotion of I don't want this match to stop ever kind of attitude in me as it was so stiff I found hear Walter chops on Ilja 600 mile away up in Newcastle from London lol