Give TNA a break

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
People need to give TNA bookers a break I know things in TNA have been a bit rocky but to be fair most decision aint been that.I mean Kurt Angle being champion has been critisized but I think it is a great choice from TNA management and with Kurt Angle as champ you can gurantee a decent main event at worst. Angle can have a great match with a viarity of wrestler from Abyss to AJ Styles,Anyway TNA do the best they can do for a 1 hr show. Impact has been getting better over the past 6 months.

Reaction score
Yea give them a a chance they just wanna succeed. I mean they trying and wwe oging 3 hrs is honestly stupid but 1 hr its goes so quick people put tna down and stuff but gotta give them a break they just wanna succeed.

LKP

Within time they will be a good federation in a few years time. Give them a chance i say they might not be the next wcw but they are trying and they have the talent for it also.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Yeah ECW does the best for 1hour and they still do better then TNA.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
The reason "I" am hard on TNA is because they have so much potential to be a great company but are lazy they need to go back to do doing what they were doing in 2005 and even better that.

Also about your booking i think Russo copes alot of un nesseccary heat because he has very little creative control in TNA most of it lies with Jarrett.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
They need to get more risktakers back; losing Hardy and Sabu was a big blow because they lost a bunch of the highflying shit that they had back then. There was no more barbwire ropes, none of that.

Hardy's Swanton off the Titantron was absoloutely nuts...and in my opinion goes down as one of the most biggest moments in TNA history.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
They need to get more risktakers back; losing Hardy and Sabu was a big blow because they lost a bunch of the highflying shit that they had back then. There was no more barbwire ropes, none of that.

Hardy's Swanton off the Titantron was absoloutely nuts...and in my opinion goes down as one of the most biggest moments in TNA history.

It is actually ranked the 27th best moment in TNA history.

phantomgerald

The only thing i not like about TNA in the past few weeks is letting team 3d keep the title it just sucks because they don't deserve to be in the main even, styles & daniels do. I don't mind the Angle victory, but it was too expected and it would have been a pleasant surprise if Harris or Styles won. Plus, there is going to be an announcement on ultimate x, so its going good

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Viva La Luke said:
The reason "I" am hard on TNA is because they have so much potential to be a great company but are lazy they need to go back to do doing what they were doing in 2005 and even better that.

Exactly. TNA doesn't deserve to get a break now. They've been passed the ball and they score for the wrong team. Their screwing themselves over. IMO Angle and Sting should job to Styles and Joe ASAP.

Reaction score
Here I go...
TNA tries to portray itself as a legit number 2 in North America advertising a new exciting direction of wrestling with young X division super stars.Instead the harsh realization is that TNA is a floundering indy that runs out of a theme park television studio. They don't even have regular paying customers. And they are broke! Flat broke. Spike pays all the top talent like Sting, Angle, Christian and Steiner, while the front office inks all the young fresh talent to bare minimum contracts and forbids them from working shows for large Indy companys such as ROH or any particular indy event that will be distributed on video. These workers need other Indy bookings to make ends meet and TNA simply won't allow it. What a great place to work! The front office is whats really wrong with TNA. And the booking. And practically zero touring dates.

It's not that the booking staff is terrible, well Dutch Mantell is terrible, but it just that this staff is to varying to be a collective unit. Jim Cornette would be perfect as a lone head booker, but then you have Russo who is stuck in 1998 which isn't a good thing, and that dumb fucking idiot Dutch Mantell. Each personality is too different to serve one common purpose; make TNA succeed. Instead we get a product that seems like a watered down WWE impersonation filled with a bunch of WWE wash-ups and refugees and the young stars that could create an unique identity for TNA are commonly squashed by said wash-ups. TNA has booked itself away from it's original formula and now it is trying to incorporate silly gimmick matches and stupid six sided rings and wash ups to regain an identity and some sort of stability. And when TNA takes one step forward they usually book themselves two steps back. I.E, A.J and Daniels breaking up then having AJ immediately squashed by Angle two weeks later on free tv killing a possible future feud and revenue in the form of PPV buys. They do this alot. In the past year there have been alot of blunders by TNA booking: completely miss handling Kurt Angle untill recently. The first Joe/angle feud should have been over the strap. Almost making a joke of the X division by forgetting that it was the X division that made TNA so watchable in it's first two years. The Sting/Abyss feud going way too long, Team 3D going over LAX, AJ getting squashed a few times. That's sad for a four time WC. And so much more.

They've done some things fairly well as well. Kevin Nash getting some of the X division guys some character (Black Machismo!) an Abyss title reign (then cut it short for no good reason) Jeff Jarrett not hogging the title scene and LAX. But of course the bad outweighs the good.

Some other things: way too many gimmick matches. An ultimate X match is really all they need plus the traditional wrestling gimmick matches (Ladder, cage, etc.)

The focus needs to be transistioned back to the younger talent, but slowly. Robert Rude defeating Jeff Jarrett was a good step forward.

They need to follow up on singles pushes. Look at what happened to AMW after they broke up...basically nothing, Cowboy gets to drink an empty bottle of beer, that's about it. AJ and Daniels? AJ gets squashed and a decent Daniels/Sting feud ends abruptly in Stings favor.

The X-Division needs to be re-introduced to the fans in an incredible attention kind of way. Joe certainly doesn't need the X strap as he single handedly killed that division last year. And he didn't put anybody over when he dropped the strap last year, killing the X heat as whomever pinned Joe would've been made. TNA makes these mistakes alot, eh? Maybe they'll do it right this time, but they'll probably have Kurt go over him and unify the World and X straps, only to lose them to Christian Cage a week later in a Gold Medalist's Super Suplex Challenge Electrified King of the Mountain cage match on Impact. Then Christian will defend only his X division title in a 3 way with oh, I dunno, Shenshi and Alex Shelly and Shelly will pin Shenshi and TNA will be back to where it was about ten months ago. It's circular booking and that's TNA's biggest booking problem. Booking should be linear.

TNA has alot of potential but until they fix their internal problems they will always be an Indy on steroids or a WWE pretender.

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
DAMN who would read all that ^^ man lol

btw i heard tna is planing to make a second show