Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Set For UFC 137

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gsp_diaz_2_large.jpg
UFC president Dana White just made a lot of MMA fans very happy on Twitter with a massive announcement. After it was rumored that the UFC was working to bring Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz into the UFC to face Georges St. Pierre, it finally looks to be official. Via Dana's Twitter:

U wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

There were some hiccups in making the fight come to light. It briefly appeared that Showtime was stepping in to block Diaz from leaving Strikeforce and fighting on UFC PPV events. This led to the UFC denying the rumors of meetings between the promotion and Diaz's people that much of the media were reporting.

They were about a week behind when I was told the announcement would be happening, but it's very good to see the UFC come through on the most high-demand welterweight fight in the world right now. I was also wrong in that I was told that the fight would take place at the Montreal show in December, and frankly I'm shocked that they're doing it as early as October.

What say you Bloody Elbow readers?