Generic Hello Thread #222

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NM!

Jobber
Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined the forum and figured I'd do one of these threads. I used to go online by the name of Nevermore_Nightmare when I first started on an e-fed, but shortened it to NM in the past two years or so. I used to spend time in feds from early 08 - early 11 before dropping out of them to focus on filmmaking and script writing. I've worked on some small films as a Production Assistant, Grip, Camera and Boom Operator. It was actually from the feds where I started doing graphics, which in turn allowed me to work on my coloring and lighting in film and graphics, so I'll always be grateful for that.

I watched WWE every now and again in the fall of '06, but I became a fan in early 07 after seeing a recap of HHH's injury from Rated RKO and then the following handi-cap match between Rated RKO and Shawn Michaels. The story was great to me and the usage of the sledgehammer probably was my first mark-out moment.

My favorite wrestler has been CM Punk, ever since I saw him on RAW during the build up to Survivor Series in 06, and then following ECW in 07. I had no idea about the indy's until I researched Punk and all the great stuff he's done. Also, I can proudly say that I was a huge fan, in a non-ironic way, of Dolph Ziggler from his "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" days.

I know I've been rambling for a while now, but I figured you guys might want more to read than another simple introduction.

Any questions? :sandow:

NM!

Jobber
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's rad. You get to see the inner workings of the film process, from the setting up of lights (which I had to do and can easily say the Grips are severely underpaid for their work) to the actors and actresses doing their stuff on screen. Plus, you haven't eaten until you've eaten from a production truck. Hands down, some of the best food I've ever had and it's all free and pretty much unlimited. They have everything on those trucks, if you're vegetarian or wanting meat or looking for dessert, they have it all. Pretty great stuff.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Sound like one of my friends. He's going into the same field in Film School, but not sure what exact course.
You do any writing?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums man, nice to see you're a Punk and Ziggler fan. Film making sounds pretty cool to me, very cool to know you work with it.

NM!

Jobber
Reaction score
Thanks Leo.

CM Punk said:
Sound like one of my friends. He's going into the same field in Film School, but not sure what exact course.
You do any writing?

Yeah, I've done some writing. In fact, I'm working on some stuff right now that we are going to start filming around the end of the month. I have scripts with various ranges from longer feature films to small 5-10 minute shorts.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
More like Generic Punk fan #36723
jk

Welcome.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FIZZORIM Booooooyyeeeee!
20051bbb6578314abfeeb29cd7b563cc.jpg

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Hi, welcome to the site. I read your posts about film production and I can say from reading it sounds fantastic. I do hope you stick around so you can share you knowledge and discuss wrestling with the rest of us.

:eek:tunga:

NM!

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Welcome to the forum, that was an awesome introduction. Can I ask where you found us? Hope you stick around :yay:

I actually got a random email from some other forum I signed up on, but never really stayed active in. Strange, but it seems like it was for the better. :)