Gail Kim Calls The Bellas "An Inspiration" To Female Pro Wrestlers Ahead Of WWE Hall Of Fame

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Almost 10 years ago Gail Kim was the on-screen boyfriend of Daniel Bryan around the same time he was being managed by the Bellas. She was asked if she noticed Bryan and Brie hitting it off early on when she joined The Wrestling Inc Daily.

"I don't remember noticing so much but I think they got together quickly after that," recalled Kim. "I always thought that they were a great match. They are really great humans and really down to earth. Their daughter is just the cutest that could be."

Kim added that the Bellas totally deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame as they have done so much for the business.

"A couple of weeks ago someone said that they were part of the Divas Search and I didn't even remember that. They got rid of that stigma and they've made a brand out of themselves," Kim said before mentioning all of the side projects they've done.

"They are truly an inspiration to other women in the business."

Kim is now part of a project called KAYFABE alongside Christy Hemme and Lita. It is a drama TV series chronicling a women's wrestler and Kim was asked about comparisons between it and GLOW.

"We love GLOW but we would say it's like a gritty, modern-day GLOW. If you remember, GLOW was run by a man so this is a whole different perspective," stated Kim. "I feel like GLOW has a different audience with it as there are a lot of wrestling fans who watch it but it also has a mainstream audience. I think a lot of the true, mainstream wrestling fans will truly be drawn to this. We haven't seen anything that's really modern as we've seen incarnations of different women's wrestling promotions. Mainstream wrestling already has so much wrestling – WWE, Impact, ROH – but we feel like we're completely different and something that no one has ever seen before."

Chavo Guerrero is a link between the two as he is the fight coordinator for GLOW and is also a contributor to KAYFABE. Kim talked about his involvement in the project.

"Chavo was a natural choice for us. He's always been all of their friends since our WWE days. He's always been like one of the girls as he's been a huge [women's] wrestling supporter," revealed Kim. "If you look at our whole team, we're all in alignment with that. Everyone that we chose was our first choice and everyone said 'Yes.'

"It was great to see that everyone was so excited to be a part of something different in that women are leading it. They supported that and wanted to be a part of that – that was very encouraging. Not only, of course, do we want women supporting women, but it's really important for us to show the men supporting the women."

Gail Kim, along with Christy Hemme and Amy "Lita" Dumas, have launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for their current "KAYFABE" project. For more information, or to donate, please visit ."

Gail's full interview with Wrestling Inc aired as part of a recent episode of our podcast, The Wrestling Inc. Daily. Subscribe to get the latest episodes as soon as it's released Monday - Friday afternoon: by clicking here.

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...e-bellas-an-inspiration-to-female-pro-668219/

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Interesting Gail Kim said those things about the Bellas, because she's gone on the record not liking the Diva era, and her saying Impact's Knockout Division was the revolution for Women's Wrestling and not the WWE. I guess she's just being nice, but you can't fault the game of the Bellas doing alot in the industry with the lack of true talent in the Ring.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Chavo's like one of the girls......no wonder he was putting over Hornswoggle.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I mean the Bellas are good at business, and have made a lot of money. They've stood out, and created a whole career themselves instead of the standard woman wrestler.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Very odd that she'd say this, given that she's been unapologetically honest about the Bellas' time at the top being symbolic of the Dark Ages of women's wrestling.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Gail just tryna secure some funding for her show I think. :lol