Fresh Start

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Which wrestlers could use/could have used a fresh start in their gimmick?

I think Jack Swagger. He is not a bad wrestler and he knows how to piss people off... Why not refresh him a little? Also, R-Truth. The little Jimmy thing has went on long enough. I enjoyed it when he was a heel but now that he is face, its just, meh. I would also like to see Kofi get a fresh start. He can wrestle quite well but I can honestly say that "boom boom boom" thing has wore out its welcome. And Tensai... Can they just drop him already? I mean seriously, people chant Prince Albert when he's out and they hyped him way more then they should have. He was a genuine flop.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Britanica said:
Which wrestlers could use/could have used a fresh start in their gimmick?

I would also like to see Kofi get a fresh start. He can wrestle quite well but I can honestly say that "boom boom boom" thing has wore out its welcome.

He needs a new gimmick ASAP ....

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
rgbnba said:
He needs a new gimmick ASAP ....

I'm glad I am not the only one seeing this. Give him a mask if you have to but fix him! Heck, let him turn heel... Easiest way to refresh someone.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i agree with most of your points except for Kofi. I think he's fine where he is now & I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed him into the main event this year. Kofi is good and the ring and it's been proven that you don't need mic skills to be a main eventer, prime example being Sheamus. There's not enough room in that upper mid card range right now & I expect Kofi to be the first to be elevated out of it.

I thinkk Zack Ryder could use a fresh start to his gimmick as well. Ryder had great momentum before, but I think it was his gimmick that held him back. He'll never be able to get out of where he is unless he makes some adjustments to his character.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
John Cena, won't be that difficult imo, just let him lose clean more than once every 3 years.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Same with From. I agree with everyone else but Kofi. I think he's fine as he is. He gets the crowd pretty riled up with his "booms", and that's good. He just needs a slight adjustment. Maybe more aggressive and he definitely needs a change of theme. I'm pretty sure it's the same theme he had back in his Jamaican gimmick so it didnt really make much sense to keep it. Maybe a less cultural theme and a bad-ass rock one. Would fit into a new more aggressive gimmick. I don't really like the idea of Kofi being a heel, idk why. Think he's better as a face.

And Zack Ryder should definitely be more internet savvy. I'm pretty sure he knows how to use memes considering how many social networking sites he has. My best friend and I were actually talking about improving Zack just the other day:

[1/7/2013 11:05:29 PM] Jenn: Zack Ryder should be more internet savvy, though. I'd mark if he had a move called The Barrel Roll Barrage or something
[1/7/2013 11:06:14 PM] Envoice: The Rick Roll! The Rick Roll!
[1/7/2013 11:07:00 PM] Jenn:
LOL yes
[1/7/2013 11:08:21 PM] Envoice: And JR..It looks like he's setting him up for the Chocolate Rain Drop!
[1/7/2013 11:08:48 PM] Jenn: LOLOL
[1/7/2013 11:16:27 PM] Envoice: Will he hit? Will he hit?
[1/7/2013 11:16:31 PM] Envoice: Yes!
[1/7/2013 11:16:39 PM] Envoice: The Troll Face Buster!
[1/7/2013 11:17:08 PM] Jenn: What's that? OH! He's going for the Bad Luck Brian! Bad luck indeed!

Would so mark for Ryder if he did that, lmao.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think you guys mentioned pretty much everyone, Swagger, Truth, Tensai, Cena, Clay...

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Brodus Clay.... :facepalm:

It was funny and entertaining for 3 months now its just boring and wash out.

Reaction score
Re: RE: Fresh Start

Britanica said:
Brodus Clay.... :facepalm:

It was funny and entertaining for 3 months now its just boring and wash out.

He has one of the worst gimmicks (in my opinion). He should have been used as a monster. I read that he likes being a face, but he would be a realistic heel. With the right writers, I could see him holding the IC or USA belt by now.

Hell, the gave Khali the HW belt for a while. The man can't even do a big boot without holding on to the ropes! SMH! Although I was impressed that he was able to climb out the whole Punjabi Prison (remember that match, Khali vs Batista) made it out both barriers. Even though he lost, I was impressed he could climb a structure so high.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Shaquille O'Neal said:
He has one of the worst gimmicks (in my opinion). He should have been used as a monster. I read that he likes being a face, but he would be a realistic heel. With the right writers, I could see him holding the IC or USA belt by now.

Hell, the gave Khali the HW belt for a while. The man can't even do a big boot without holding on to the ropes! SMH! Although I was impressed that he was able to climb out the whole Punjabi Prison (remember that match, Khali vs Batista) made it out both barriers. Even though he lost, I was impressed he could climb a structure so high.

For an older audience, of course he has a terrible gimmick, for children, not really.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
For an older audience, of course he has a terrible gimmick, for children, not really.

If I was a kid though.... I would think he was weird. He has two female "dancers", jiggles and dances, taunts the other male wrestlers "sexually"....

:nope:

Strange ish to me.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Britanica said:
If I was a kid though.... I would think he was weird. He has two female "dancers", jiggles and dances, taunts the other male wrestlers "sexually"....

:nope:

Strange ish to me.

He does have that pedophile tone to him.
But he dances with kids so... I can't judge.

Where are the RAW thoughts you promised? :punk: