Finisher's Likes and Dislikes.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
While out and about today and watching how the Giants finished off the Pats it made me think about the finishers that we see in wrestling. Some are good and some are just horrible.

Wandering what everyones favorite finishers is/was and what your least favorite finisher is/was.

My least favorite finisher of all time had to be Hogan's Leg Drog there is no way in hell it would ever put anyone down for the 3 count. I understand the setup with the big boot and all just don't buy it as a finisher and still don't.

My favorite finisher at the moment is Petey Pumps. I know it takes forever to set up but it looks so freaking cool.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My favourite finisher of all time is Stan Hansen's Lariat, it literally looked like it killed people. Loved the Perfect Plex when I was a kid as well as Jake's version of the DDT which is still the best. I also liked Warrior's press slam/splash combo finisher, it seemed to me that it would have been enough to put most opponents down, which of course it did. Savage's elbow drop is a thing of beauty and also deserves mention. One last one, Tito Santana's "flying Jalapeno" as the Brain would refer to it was also beautiful to watch and he executed it flawlessly.

Worst finisher? That's a tough one. I'd argue the legrop is believable simply due to Hogan's size and battering of his opponent beforehand, but yeah, its still kind of weak by comparison. Hate the Angle Slam more than any other, though that's technically not his finisher so I'm going to go with the Swanton Bomb. I just don't think it ever looked like Hardy hit anyone enough to pin them with that move.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I still don't like Barrett's Wasteland, it seems like such a regular move.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I still don't like Barrett's Wasteland, it seems like such a regular move.

I'm not a huge fan of the move either. While I respect the athleticism, there's just something "blah" about it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
My favorite finisher of all time which I also think is the greatest is the Canadian destroyer by Petey Williams. That move is so perfect in every way. I also enjoy sweet chin music and the code breaker.

The worst finisher is the cobra. It's so stupid. It would never hurt anyone. You would have to be a Kung Fu master to knock someone out by slamming your hand on there neck

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The worst finisher is the cobra. It's so stupid. It would never hurt anyone. You would have to be a Kung Fu master to knock someone out by slamming your hand on there neck

I'm not a Kung Fu master and if I chopped your throat you'd feel it, but I agree, the Cobra is beyond idiotic.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Cobra FTW. I think of it as a pussy version of the Samoan Spike. I just can't wait to see him try it on someone like Kane and they just no sell it.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jake's DDT was just fucking amazing
also a fan of Bad News Browns Ghetto Blaster

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
I've always loved the Stone Cold Stunner because of how Steve Austin could do it when you least expect it. The Choke Slam is also a classic and I've always loved it, it seems both simple and effective at the same time. The Brogue Kick right now is my favorite in WWE

I hate R-Truth's finisher. I think I've never seen someone make it look good so far. He should try it on Ziggler. I've never liked The Rock's People Elbow as a finisher either, but I love his Rock Bottom.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sweet chin music is awesome because it comes out of no where. But like I said the Canadian destroyer is the best ever.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
also a fan of Bad News Browns Ghetto Blaster

Damn right it was, and the fact that Brown was a legit Olympic Medallist in Judo just makes it seem all the more deadly in retrospect.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I have a long list of finishers that I absolutely love.
From the past, JBL's Clothesline From Heel was just epic. The force behind it turned the move from a common move to a world class finisher. I also love Sweet Chin Music because of the unpredictability of it.
At the moment, I love Cross Rhodes, Croyts Wrath and whatever Tomasso Ciampa's finisher is called (it's sick).

I fucking despise Yoshi Tatsu's Kay-Ra-Tay. It doesn't look like a match winning move at all.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
A few of my favorite finishers are the
GTS
Canadian Destroyer
Cattle Mutilation
Tower of London
Muscle Buster
F5
Codebreaker

I never liked...
Hogan's Leg Drop
Torture Rack
The Stroke
Belly to Belly Suplex (Shane Douglas used it, and it honestly shouldn't be a finisher since it's so basic)
Chokeslam
Gut Wrench Powerbomb
Mandible Claw
The Cobra
Khali's Chop

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Here is a finisher that I liked and hated at the same time.

Tajiri's Tarantula. I thought it looked cool as far as the setup and how it was applied.

I just hated how it didn't really seem to look like it would finish someone and end the match.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels