Favourite Macho Man Randy Savage Moments

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the recent passing of Randy Savage what are some of your favourite matches, feuds, promos and memories involving the Macho Man?

My favourite match, and I assume that it will be most members favourite, is his match with Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania III. It was quite innovative at the time and they put on a classic.

So what are your thoughts. If you can find some video footage of your favourite Savage moments on YouTube then please feel free to post it in this thread.

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
[video=youtube;-EK-Mr6KbB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EK-Mr6KbB8[/video]

"It is what it is". My all time favorite Savage Promo.

[video=youtube;vlBcsC1v8wA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlBcsC1v8wA&feature=related[/video]
Another great one Flair first.

Reaction score
The ending of the Savage-Warrior match at Wrestlemania 7 with Elizabeth returning.

If I had to go with a wrestling moment it would be without a doubt Steamboat-Savage at Wrestlemania 3

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Savage/DDP feud was great for both of them. I remember it well.

Savage acting like an insane bully who would torment DDP and Kimberly. Great stuff.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh wow, I can't forget that feud, was the first time I ever seen a man hit a women on TV. Totally blew my mind as a youngster. Macho was intense in that feud and it helped Taker become a face. Great feud.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I was going to mention that too, the angle where the snake bit him was so convincing and cutting edge, mind you at that stage you could still do something like that, and have fans buy into it.

The whole feud with Flair was fantastic, and the match at Mania 8 a real high point in that era, and yes the whole story of how h reunited with Eliabeth after that dramatic match at Mania 7.

I also have a soft spot for his match with Crush at WMX, think it was falls count anywhere, just loved the finish when he hung Crush up by the feet to provent him returning to the ring, on a simler note, the finsh of the rumble in 93 when hit the elbow on Yokozuna, and went for a cover forgetting, that pins don't count, and so was tossed up and over to the floor. It was such a novel twist at the end.

Reaction score
Keith, I was going to go with the Crush match at WM X. But I thought I wouldv'e got ripped for it. lol

Reaction score
One match I'll always remember was his IC title match with Tito Santana where he used brass knucks (I think) to defeat Santana for the title. I was a fan of both of them at the time, and I was so horrified (I was ten) My Dad reminded me of it when I called to tell him he'd passed away.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have to catch up with the match against Santana have never seen that one.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The Santana match is a classic. Feud with Roberts was amazingly innovative. WM 7 was a great moment but that feud wasn't really good. Actually all his stuff while with Sherri ws pretty bad (Warrior, Rhodes,Hogan feuds and partnering with Zeus). Flair feuds in both feds were great. DDP feud established DDP and had some classic moments. Steamboat-Savage cannot be described in words. A lot of great Savage Moments for sure.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Savage/Santana match was the first match I can remember watching.

I was all "Macho Man is smart, shut up Gorilla." Because Gorilla Monsoon tended to bitch about things a little too long.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Santana match is a classic. Feud with Roberts was amazingly innovative. WM 7 was a great moment but that feud wasn't really good. Actually all his stuff while with Sherri ws pretty bad (Warrior, Rhodes,Hogan feuds and partnering with Zeus). Flair feuds in both feds were great. DDP feud established DDP and had some classic moments. Steamboat-Savage cannot be described in words. A lot of great Savage Moments for sure.

You have certainly opened a can of worms there Scott, I mean Sherri was a great talent, maybe her and Savege didn't work out like it could have, but for me she was perfect, evil, twisted scary queen to be in his corner. And I don't know how you can say the Hogan feud wasn't any good, the slow break up of the Mega Powers was expectly done.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I meant Hogan feud once Sherri was brought it which was after WM 5. And I think Sherri was great in the role, Savage just had some really bad feuds during that time.