End of their Rope

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
End of their Rope
Wrestlers who have overstayed their welcome in WWE

Now that Wrestlemania season is over and the 2012-13 calendar year for WWE is officially in the books, it's time to analyze WWE's current roster and decide who has a viable future with the company and who doesn't. This article will focus on the latter and some of the mentions may surprise you.

mz-8.jpg

The Miz

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the undisputed headliner for this article.

There really hasn't been anyone in WWE in recent memory who has fallen from grace as quickly and painfully, yet still remained with the company as Wrestlemania 27's headliner and winner during the event's WWE Championship match. And when looking at what Miz has done lately, it's almost impossible to believe that was only 2 years ago. Yeah, I know. I actually just had to count back in my head twice just now to confirm that.

So what's my beef with the Miz, you say? Well, I honestly don't have any. In fact, after a couple years of complete and utter mediocrity and even flat out jobbing for most of that time, I was happy to hear he was finally going to be on the Wrestlemania 29 card in another title match, albeit for the Intercontinental Championship (an extraordinary demotion from the WWE Championship ranks). But perhaps this would be 1 step towards a remarkable comeback to his career, right? Wrong.

One the eve of Wrestlemania 29, his Intercontinental Championship bout against Wade Barrett was announced to be regulated to the Wrestlemania 29 pre-show, available only for live streaming on YouTube, WWE.com, Smart TV's, and a few other places on the internet. That immediately made me realize that even if he won, the victory would be bitter sweet... and WOW I had no idea just how much. Miz, in fact, did win the title from Barrett that night... er... I should say evening since it wasn't even dark outside yet, but nonetheless, Miz was once again a title-holder. But the very next night on Monday Night Raw, he lost the title back to Barrett after barely holding the under-card title for 24 hours (probably closer to 26, but what difference does it make?)

This is quite honestly a talent that seems to have hit a brick wall with WWE both creatively and politically. It's also worth noting that his "I'm Awesome" catchphrase was probably the loudest crowd-pleaser in WWE for a brief period before Daniel Bryan's "YES!" chants replaced it. Now we're lucky if he even gets mic time, forget about even hearing him say that catchphrase in particular, and it seems WWE has him doing the Figure 4 Leg Lock in homage to Ric Flair for reasons I'm not even sure of considering Miz wrestles absolutely nothing like Flair, stands for absolutely nothing even remotely similar to what Flair did in his prime, and seems to serve no other purpose but to make Miz look more important, which okay... LOL... he's not quite obviously.

Now before I go any further, let me make one thing perfectly clear. I don't dislike the Miz at all and I'm certainly not suggesting the WWE go right off and fire him because he's useless or anything like that. I very much still realize the potential in Miz and I think he could be a great asset to the company as he's already proven to be in the past. I honestly don't even think words like "potential" should even be used for him at this point of his career after everything he's done already. However, I don't think WWE sees that potential any longer and it's simply just sad to see a man of his talent go to complete waste the way he has been and not getting opportunities to be successful. If there's even one parallel I can actually draw to Ric Flair is the "Old Yeller" reference Shawn Michaels made to Flair during his Wrestlemania 24 retirement angle. I honestly just think Miz is a guy that should be put out of his misery at this point. It's going to be really hard for him to rebound from this complete joke that was his Wrestlemania 29 debacle. I've seriously never seen another wrestler rebound from a setback this severe unless they had WCW or another promotion to fall back on, which obviously isn't an option these days.

Wwe+Rey+Mysterio+619+Image-7.jpg

Rey Mysterio

Rey Mysterio is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. The problem with him is though is that he's in the hospital more time than the ring these days. Over the course of the past decade, I've seen numerous wrestlers lose their spots and take years to rebound after being removed from television for an extended period of time. And honestly, it actually annoys me that Rey never has this problem. Why not? Because his merchandise, particularly the replica masks, are one of the most expensive and hottest-selling merchandise in the company. There really is no other reason. Could you imagine being a WWE wrestler and immediately getting bumped down the card when this guy shows back up after a year off just because he wears a cool-looking mask? That's what's happening here.

Now as many of you know, I have never cared about the money WWE makes off things like this. Some people use reasons like this to justify what they do, but I am a wrestling fan and I take no other side in the matter. I mean, that's great for Vince McMahon and all, but I'm not Vince McMahon, nor am I a member of his extended family. Nothing about my life changes one bit if Vince adds another zero in front of his bank account. I simply do not care. What I do care about, however, is the entertainment value of the company I've watched since I was a child. I want to see the current wrestlers evolve and get their chances at super-stardom. I want to witness the evolution of wrestling. This becomes difficult when you have situations like Rey Mysterio's holding some of the younger guys back, especially when he's rarely on television anymore yet somehow manages to halt someone's progress when he decides to come back.

Again, I seriously love Mysterio's work and even at his age the guy can still go. But unlike someone like Chris Jericho, Mysterio doesn't make it worth my while. Besides the odd match here and there, he's never been a guy that can hold my interest for an extended period of time. Not to mention Chris Jericho isn't getting injured within an average 3-4 months of every return he makes. It's simply not worth it anymore. I think it might be time for Mysterio to consider opening a wrestling school like was rumored recently and focus on bringing the fans a new crop of bad asses down the line. If he wanted to have one last Wrestlemania run, maybe go out with a match against someone like Sin Cara (something that has been rumored for at least 2 years and keeps getting put-off due to Mysterio's injuries), I would be perfectly fine with that. But for the sake of Mysterio's health, get it out of the way. The last thing I want to witness is one of my favorite wrestlers becoming the next Darren Drozdov quadriplegic and only because he didn't know when to hang it up.

Drew-McIntyre-drew-mcintyre-16713177-334-390.jpg

Drew McIntyre

Yes, I realize that jobbers are somewhat needed in the wrestling product and are essential for filling the under-card at house shows and getting new wrestlers with vested interest over quickly, but McIntyre has a slightly different situation. This is a guy that was billed at one point to be hand-picked by Vince McMahon himself and supposedly destined to be a WWE Champion. That was his whole gig and it's practically a bad joke these days. He even had the entrance of a main-eventer and one of my favorite entrance themes of all time and I have no shame in admitting that because it was awesome.

That being said, it's hard to understand how McIntyre has just seemingly been content with the role he's had in the company for the past few years since his initial run. Not many people leave the WWE these days and actually find a better deal elsewhere, but I honestly think McIntyre could be one of those guys. I think he's someone that could go to TNA and actually have better success there. I can't imagine WWE paying him significantly more money at this point considering his non-existent role in the company and the travel schedule would be much lighter. He's actually the only guy I can possibly compare to the Miz in terms of his complete and utter fall from grace, only McIntyre was never as successful as Miz was at any point of his career.

In short, McIntyre is a guy that I always saw potential in despite the fact he was never one of the flashiest wrestlers on the roster, but he has the look and presence of a bonafide superstar and he's simply not going to get that opportunity again in WWE, barring a complete a total repacking similar to what Jack Swagger underwent and I really don't think McIntyre was a guy who ever needed one.

Lord-Tensai_crop_340x234_crop_exact.jpg

Tensai

The artist formerly known as A-Train seemed to be experiencing a career resurgence last year when he came back to the WWE under his new look and ring name "Lord Tensai". The guy was a legit monster when he first showed up and was strikingly intimidating despite the "Albert" chants he received nightly from the crowd. I always thought it was baffling how someone with a particular personality like D-Lo Brown could return to the WWE for a short period in 2008 and be seemingly forgotten by the WWE fans, yet someone like Tensai who had the blandest personality imaginable during his first run with the company was immediately recognizable. I swear to God that still doesn't make sense to me to this very day.

Tensai's run didn't last long and soon after debuting, he turned on his manager, disappeared from television shortly after that, and soon resurfaced as a babyface for whatever reason, and now he's just worthless in general. I swear this guy was supposed to be in a Wrestlemania 29 match with Brodus Clay and the Bella Twins... what happened with that? Was I just under the wrong impression of when that match was supposed to take place or did that match get completely scratched from the card at the last minute? Don't misunderstand me, I really don't care either way, but I was surprised when Rock/Cena II started so abruptly because I thought they would have the mixed tag match before the main event that night like they usually do with the matches involving the divas. Completely missed my piss break and I needed it because I was drinking hard that night.

Either way, Tensai has just become another bad joke in the WWE and what looked like a promising career at first has now become the role of "jobber-to-the-stars". There's other jobbers on the WWE roster that I didn't pick on (like the Usos, Heath Slater, and Epico) simply because the company does need some jobbers. But Tensai is a big dude, this is certainly not the type of guy you want jobbing because it makes him look ten times more pathetic than smaller wrestlers when they lose. This is a guy that should by all means throwing his weight around and probably even carrying the WWE Championship, but at the end of the day he just seems like a complete idiot who can't wrestle worth a fuck because he never wins and this is why I think he'd be better served heading back to Japan where his career was the most successful.

Big_show.jpg

Big Show

I'll be real with you, nobody in the article makes me feel like more of a complete heel for picking on than Big Show. I really like the guy and always thought he seemed like a very good person outside the ring. He hardly ever wins at Wrestlemania and has always been vastly effective at putting over young talent.

But again, that being said... the guy has been with the company for a very long time and isn't nearly the "unbeatable monster" he once was. This was a guy that at one point posed a serious threat to Brock Lesnar's initial run, and in fact, he beat Lesnar for the championship. I know these giant-types aren't always popular among die hard wrestling fans due to their inability to put on the five-star classics they watch wrestling for, but that's not to say the giant characters aren't effective at what they do and actually necessary from time to time.

However, Big Show hasn't been that type of character in years and it's sad to say that his most memorable moment lately was winning the Intercontinental Championship off Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania 28, a relatively meaningless title these days, as if to say "Yeah thanks for all your hard work, ya big lug" right before he'd go on to lose it a month later. Can you give me a better definition of a "pity reign"? Probably not.

And it's not just his lack of accomplishments I'm picking on either, it's also the total and utter lack of consistent direction with him. Does anyone really care that he just recently turned heel for the 50,000,000th time? Does it really surprise anyone on planet Earth? No, it doesn't. In fact, it's become almost expected of him, as if Vince Russo is personally writing his career considering the swerve-whoring nature of it.

I'm definitely not saying Big Show adds absolutely nothing to the product, because that would be a total overstatement. He's good at what he does and arguably the greatest giant of all time. The problem is that he simply isn't fresh anymore and the company simply doesn't need so many giant wrestlers. Kane has been much more effective in that role in recent years, even though some wouldn't consider Kane a "giant" per say, but he is. The guy is nearly as tall as Big Show, much-more interesting, funnier, and just more diverse talent-wise in general. I honestly don't think a wrestling promotion ever needs more than one of these types of wrestlers because their physical size should be something that sets them apart from the rest of the roster. When Kane showed up in 1997 it was awe-inspiring simply because Undertaker was the only giant on the roster at the time, and it was surreal to know there were now 2 of them and they were very similar. But with the exception of the Great Khali who's rarely on television anymore these days, Big Show is the biggest guy and quite honestly he's just not the spectacle he once was. Less can be more sometimes, and I think Kane's character could be extended by doing away with his physical competition. The same could be said for Khali, but he's rarely on television these days and when he is, it's very brief, non-serious, and comedic in nature, never really posing a threat to anyone important.

randy-orton-tshirt.jpg

Randy Orton

There goes the neighborhood. Yes, I'm totally going here.

Though this may come as a surprise to many, it really shouldn't. This is a guy that should have been made an example of a long time ago. As wrestling fans who frequent the IWC community, we've all learned at one point or another to take internet dirt sheets with a grain of salt as a lot of backstage reports are often not true. However, this is a guy that has popped up countless times over the years in those dirt sheets and one would have to believe that at least some of those reports are true.

Quite honestly, Randy Orton seems like one of the most unprofessional and immature people in all of wrestling. His frequent Wellness Policy violations which are irrefutable in terms of their credibility are just another reason this guy has been stuck in limbo for much of the past few years. He hasn't had a significant match at Wrestlemania since 2009 and one could only assume it's because of his unreliability. In fact, the only reason he has a job right now is probably because of his relationship with Triple H, despite the fact he can still be classified as a draw in the business.

But frankly, I'm done with Orton and have been for a long time. I honestly don't think Orton offers anything that a few other superstars don't and it seems like his presence on pay-per-view cards is flat out forced these days. He doesn't even remember his lines during promos apparently, as evidenced by his promo with Sheamus last Monday, so how could anyone actually believe this is a guy that takes his job seriously? He doesn't. I swear to God he doesn't and it's as clear as day to anyone who isn't a raving fan of his.

What are some other reasons Orton is still around? What about historical reasons? What about the fact he's still currently the youngest WWE Champion of all time? Maybe that's not something WWE wants him to leave the company with. Maybe they need a 20-year-old fresh out of high school to win the title before Orton's historical significance is void and they can finally part ways with him. I know I'm reaching here, but it's really hard for me to justify why someone like him can still be regarded as a priority.

Now I know what some people are going to say, "nobody's perfect" and all that jazz... but Jesus Christ, most people in the WWE are a whole hell of a lot closer to it than him. I'm seriously not even trying to be funny here, the guy honestly just seems like he doesn't give a shit half the time, and when that attitude starts bleeding through to his on-screen character and he seems like he doesn't even know what city he's in, it's just ridiculous. And to think, this was a guy that was instrumental in someone like Ken Kennedy being cut from the company who was a lot fresher than anything Orton has ever done. That's real talk. I'm not taking Kennedy's side in that matter because he certainly wasn't a saint in the matter, but hindsight is always 20/20 and I really think WWE could have gone further with him than they did with Orton.

The one and only redeeming quality I could have pitched for Orton would have been his potential in being a babyface rival in the event the WWE ever turned John Cena heel. The face-by-committee strategy could have been very effective with his contributions, but that's becoming more and more apparent that will never happen any time soon. And honestly, Randy Orton should have headlined a Wrestlemania as a heel against John Cena 1-on-1 a long time ago, but the closest we got to that was Wrestlemania 24 in a triple threat clusterfuck where Triple H was forced into the match for practically no reason only to go on and headline Wrestlemania 25 the next year with Orton in probably the worst Wrestlemania main event of all time that Sid Vicious wasn't affiliated with. Strangely enough, some wrestling fans still want to see that Orton/Cena match at Wrestlemania, but it would be almost bitter sweet now unless Cena was a full-fledged heel. And it's pretty sad when the only redeeming quality I can see in a wrestler is another wrestler's status with company. I just really don't see any more potential in Randy Orton and I think it might be time to move him out of the way so some of these other young guns can get the opportunity he did. Call me crazy all you want, but that's just my outlook on Randy Orton.

Conclusion

If there's one thing in common that all of these wrestlers on my list have it's the fact that they've all had their chances and moments with the company. The WWE has been in a state of rebuilding since 2005 and honestly none of these guys have really taken the company to the next level. These are all guys that pale in comparison to the likes of John Cena and CM Punk, 2 guys who have come closer to achieving the goal WWE set back in 2005 than anyone. It's a matter of whether or not you're content with mediocrity or whether or not you want to make wrestling cool again. None of these guys will get the WWE back to that level and they prevent more possibilities than they achieve just by being on the WWE roster with the little success they've had under their belt and their seniority over other talents who could be more successful carrying the ball.

So why didn't I pick on the likes of jobbers such as Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, and Evan Bourne? Well the simple answer is that those wrestlers have yet to have a serious run. These are guys that for all we know could still have potential with the company down the road. However, we've seen what people like Big Show, Randy Orton, and Rey Mysterio bring to the table. We've been seeing it for years. Would the WWE be better or worse without them at this point? I honestly don't have an opinion either way on that, but I definitely think we'll never see the potential in many other younger stars on the WWE roster until they are no longer a factor. All of these guys, with the exception of Miz and McIntyre, have been milked for everything they're worth at this point. And I seriously doubt anyone who watches the WWE for any of these guys is suddenly going to stop watching because they don't wrestle with the company anymore.

Thanks for reading,
We Are Legion

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't go with the typical and predictable: Khali, Otunga, Ryder, JTG, Hawkins..... I hear what you are saying with The Miz, the problem is that he is WWE's number 2 ambassador (behind Cena of course) for public appearances, promotion of the product, overseas media, etc... This is really backwards thinking but I'm wondering if maybe they didn't have him win the IC Title at Mania to remind people that he's still around and then took it off him again so he could move forward towards another upper card feud.... i know it doesn't make much sense but I just recently read that they purposely buried Ziggler for weeks knowing he would win the WHC at Raw. the reason being they felt that having guys beat him leading up to his title win would give them several guys to believably put into the title scene over the next year... Still see a title run or 2 in Miz's future.... Pretty much agree with the rest, especially Orton. Always was a fan but the dude just seems to be mailing it in at this point (I guess in an effort to get the heel turn he wants) and I find myself not caring one bit about him

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
3 of the people on this list are pretty damn safe 4 if you count mysterio as he could stay if he wanted too easily. The only one thats even iffy is Orton and that would just be due to wellness violations and those probably drop off at some point.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm glad you didn't go with the typical and predictable: Khali, Otunga, Ryder, JTG, Hawkins..... I hear what you are saying with The Miz, the problem is that he is WWE's number 2 ambassador (behind Cena of course) for public appearances, promotion of the product, overseas media, etc... This is really backwards thinking but I'm wondering if maybe they didn't have him win the IC Title at Mania to remind people that he's still around and then took it off him again so he could move forward towards another upper card feud.... i know it doesn't make much sense but I just recently read that they purposely buried Ziggler for weeks knowing he would win the WHC at Raw. the reason being they felt that having guys beat him leading up to his title win would give them several guys to believably put into the title scene over the next year... Still see a title run or 2 in Miz's future.... Pretty much agree with the rest, especially Orton. Always was a fan but the dude just seems to be mailing it in at this point (I guess in an effort to get the heel turn he wants) and I find myself not caring one bit about him
That's just it with the Miz though, they've been doing a lot of strange shit with him to remind people that's he's "still there" including the thing with using the Figure Four Leg Lock. I just can't see what WWE thinks they are going to get out of that beyond making it seem like a desperate attempt to keep him somewhat relevant. I would see the potential vested interest if he at least held that title for a week, maybe even a month, but a matter of hours? I dunno, it just seems like Miz has been replaced in their eyes and I really don't understand why. I mean if they're concerned with how little his title match at Mania went over, maybe they should have considered putting it on the actual card rather than regulating it to the pre-show that hardly anybody watched. Call me crazy, but maybe that would have got it more attention and fan fare.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking back, Miz was one of the guys who went over Zigs clean in the weeks leading to Wrestlemania so maybe a WHC feud between the 2 is in the works.... and the figure four thing is pretty lame IMO, unless we were to find out it was all Flair's idea but I just can't see that..

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
At this point I don't even see how you can build a case for Miz being deserving of a world title shot without him winning Money in the Bank. And even if that happened it would once again demonstrate why I have such a negative opinion of the MITB concept in general these days. Creative has no idea what to do with you? No problem. Haven't had a significant win in 2 years? No problem. Other superstars have surpassed you in popularity? No problem. Just win MITB. Problems solved. Ugggh... I can already see it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
At this point I don't even see how you can build a case for Miz being deserving of a world title shot without him winning Money in the Bank. And even if that happened it would once again demonstrate why I have such a negative opinion of the MITB concept in general these days. Creative has no idea what to do with you? No problem. Haven't had a significant win in 2 years? No problem. Other superstars have surpassed you in popularity? No problem. Just win MITB. Problems solved. Ugggh... I can already see it.

Yup, WWE creative, gotta love it.. Look at Swagger, he was jobbing to jobbers for nearly a year, went away for 3 months, came back and won Elimination chamber... They've proved so many times that they don't care if things make sense, can't see them starting now

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Miz' only problem is his personality is just so unsuited to being a babyface. He's still the smarmy, irritating little shit he was as a heel, only difference now is he is alligned with fan favourites and high fives kids on the way to the ring occasionally.

Orton has the best matches on the card every week, I don't know what you were talking about at all in his part. He missed his cue once, even The Rock has done that. Sure, he could get binned for failing a drug test (he looks a lot bigger lately, it isn't natural at all and just a matter of time), but I don't see why WWE would rid of him for any other reason.

Drew is garbage and always has been. When he got his push he was vanilla, and even now he's getting carried by Slater's charisma. He could walk out mid promo and nobody would notice. Lets not even pretend he'd be a huge loss, he never would of made it anywhere in the company.

You are way, way off on Big Show too. Guy just came off the best in ring year of his life, so unless he wants to retire "on top", he's still a major asset. He had a MOTY contender with Sheamus a few months back FFS.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I actually didn't mind Miz both winning the WWE title and main eventing WrestleMania, but in saying that, I'm not exactly disappointed that he is where he is on the card now. 2 years ago his 'I worked my ass off and silenced all the critics to get this far' kind of promos were fresh and easy to get behind. Only problem is that he wouldn't stop talking about it, even after beating John Cena at WrestleMania. He seems to be one of those people that needs to be a mid carder to make any sort of noise, and now that he's a face he doesn't even have a chance to do that. His mic work can easily overshadow his limited ring work, he just needs to find something new to talk about that will get people taking about him again.

As for Drew, it's a shame whats happened to his career. He's clearly good wrestler that has a good presence about him. I'll never forget how bad ass he was back in 2011 at Elimination Chamber. It'd be great if he were able to get back to that character and get a decent push. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Big Show can be hit and miss at times, but he's still someone I'm glad is still around. His matches against Sheamus last year show that he can still put on really good matches, he just needs to work against the right people. His upcoming feud with Orton won't be anything memorable I'm sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another gem from him before the end of the year.

AJ.

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm really surprised to see The Miz and Randy Orton and maybe Big Show. I'd say there some of the big money makers of WWE. but I guess people might think different. Also I don't really have a problem with them. But all others I agree.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on Orton.

I don't know if you have watched it or infact care to watch it, but you should definitely check out the documentary portion of his DVD 'The Evolution Of A Predator' as there's a lot of uncensored talk about his problems early on. One of the things he says that changed him was the birth of his daughter which is fast approaching 5 years ago and I can't think of an incident off the top of my head since then other than his recent wellness violation, which I think you're being harsh on by calling it a frequent, his last bust was almost 7 years ago now.

I think Orton does offer something that the vast majority of other guys on the roster don't possess and that's genuine superstar quality. Despite his downfall, severe lack of mic time and high profile feuds the guy remains one of the most over guys on the roster and on any given night can outpop anyone. If you put the guy in a feud with Cena next month or something he wouldn't seem out of place

Sure i'm a big fan of his and I can admit the guy has his faults but I don't buy that he doesn't take his job seriously. If he wasn't taking his job seriously then I'm pretty sure that would translate into the ring and he would became a danger to himself and the guys he's working with and that just doesn't seem to be the case. Also, lets not discount the quality of his matches too, that would surely show he cares.

The whole Kennedy debacle is just that and i'm not going to touch on it because there were plenty of stories floating around as to why he actually got released and there was never a definite answer given so I can't say really add anything without it being speculation.

I think to sum all my rambling thoughts up, the guy has had his problems in the past but he is still an asset to the company. He is still more of a superstar than most of the guys they've tried pushing in recent years and in an era where they are severely lacking credible main eventers, he's valuable. You also factor in a heel turn coming soon (possible ongoing gag) and you could have a revitalised Orton.

I'm really surprised that you didn't include Cena on this list given you weren't taking the business side of things into account.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Miz - meh, I've never had a real problem with the guy, but I'm already tired of this face run. He shouldn't ever get another main event run, but I'm okay with him as a midcard guy.

Rey - See ya

McIntyre - I'm a huge fan of this guy, still don't know if he has much personality, but wrestling-wise, he's improved so much, he had some of my favorite matches last year on Superstars. I'd be fairly sad to see him go, but really wouldn't care that much since he won't ever amount to anything.

Big Show - Disagree here, I've never been real big on Show but this past year or so (ever since his last heel turn), he's been having the best matches of his career, I even enjoyed his title run.

Orton - This is a tricky one for me, I wanna' like the guy, but it's just hard to after the last year or so he's had. I want to see him bounce back and have one more good run though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The thing with Miz is he made the natural progression that was perfect. Low card guy that literally had to start from the bottom, got a character going for himself as a heel with the chick magnet thing, had a really good tag team run with Morrison to start truly breaking out, went solo and got a bit more serious while doing good in the midcard and then got to the main event scene. Fell so damn fast after he dropped the belt and seemed like he was going to make another natural progression with a much needed face turn but it was half assed and rushed and just hasn't gone as good as I thought it would. He needs to watch Chris Jericho 2000 stuff to learn how to be the smart ass babyface properly and it not come off forced. I think he'll get another shot to be taste the main event scene but probably won't last.

Orton is just a victim of what do we do with him now? He got pushed so hard for so long wanting him to be the alternate to Cena and when they thought we'll just push him down the card to take a break from the main event scene unfortunately for him he got stuck there and the suspension didn't help matters. He just badly needs some kind of overhaul and the longer he languishes the more disposable he becomes.

Rey to be use a football analogy is the great aging speed running back of the WWE. Very exciting to watch in his prime but has a shorter shelf life than others due to the style they used. His style is what is getting him hurt and if he stopped doing it then there is no point of him being there. So he is at the point of a running back in the NFL where they appreciate what he has done what he has done but it is a waste of money and time to keep him if you can't be in the ring a few months without getting hurt. Personally think he is one more injury away from WWE cutting ties with him or Rey just calling it quits himself even though he could already be at that crossroads in his mind.

Big Show pretty much will have a job as long as he wants it unless something goes sour or a guy comes along with his size who could replace him. No matter how much of a shell of himself he gets (he isn't a shell of himself just saying) at the end of the day he is still a 7'2 or whatever 400 pound man and there is always going to be a need for somebody like him regardless of how he is pushed.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Miz and McIntyre are relatively young in their career, and the general output of mainevent players who catch on are when they get to a certain experience point. They are not there yet, but I guess, the ADHD nature of wrestling fans and the people who cover pro-wrestling these days, do not have the patience and just want champs today and fuck them tomorrow.

Big Show has been on the roll of his career, to say that he is floundering is just bias against big men. Rey knees were on borrowed time forever and now time has collected the interest.

But this is the net, so everyone should turn heel and watch as they become the next big thing amiryt?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Miz - nowhere to go? He's never been truly pushed as a face in his career, never had a full time manager or valet, he's never been in a face tag team in his career and we know he can get tag teams over, and lastly he's the only guy oh the roster besides Taker whose undefeated at WM. He has a long ways to go and lot of options to get there as a face, and when he gets those options explored he can always turn back. To me his ceiling is no different than Jerichos, a guy you can always have around, who can talk, put on a show, and be transitional main event acts without being an A list star. Jericho made a wwe career out of it, why can't he?

Tensai - nothing really to add. I mean this is just how he has always been in wwf and wwe, a guy that isn't good enough to be solo. His always fit best in teams be it T&A or as the Hip Hop Hippo next to Scotty 2 Hotty. The fact is at least he's useful and getting a reaction now which is more than he can say as Prince Abert, A-Train, or Tensaid the solo act. You need comedy and fun just like a circus and that's his role.

Big Show - Did you really say he lacks accomplishments! Hs the only guy in the history of wrestling to holed every major world title there is. Hes been ECW, WCW, WWE, World, and Undisputed champion. He's won countless tag titles. He's been US champ. He's always over. He's beloved as a jolly giant face, and he's hated as a raging giant heel. He can be turned back and forward and counted on to put on good matches and represent the company well. He can always be booked in some of the crossover matches at mania and offer the company money. He's loyal and a physical specimen. With all due respect fuck out of here with that last rope shit as he has a niche much like Jericho or Kane.

Rey - Mindds willing, body isn't able. Lets first of all acknowledge the doctor who handled his knees had his medical license pulled for malpractice, so there's always the possibility of he fucked him up which has happened before in sports (Penny Hardaway). The fact is he's one of the most beloved guys ever. He's a Bonaire hall of famer. A merch mover. A guy who can put on a damn good match. I just think he needs a total schedule revamp, where he either works full time for a season or just TV and ppvs ala HBK. He at the point where he can't tour every week on live events. Worst case scenario, send him to NXT where there are a whole,bunch of small wrestlers and athletic women who he could teach a style of wrestling to that the other trainers can't (maybe even make a whole new line of luchas with him as the trainer)

Randy Orton - Hes his own enemy. Lets not blame booking for him being an unreliable fuck up. He's the guy that got himself the strikes. He's the guy that tore up hotel rooms. Hs the guy who almost overdosed. They can't rely in him fully so he will never be booked as the B guy again. I'm thankful for the fact he won't because he's never been good at it. He's never been as entertaining as Cena, Trips, or Dave. His bland, can't really talk, and fits strong and silent more so. He can always be useful but he is the equivalent of wwes Kurt Angle as he's a little bit wacked out, easily able to be hurt because he has a degenerative shoulder condition, and he just has baggage. He's fine where he's at, doesn't need title reigns as the main guy because his count is high enough for a guy who has never sold and who has actually dropped ratings every reign he had, and the fact is he will always be over. If anything at all, they may want to explore him being used to bolster the tag and IC/US Divisions because we have never seen him as half a tag team besides Rated RKO or in the midcard Divison since he was the young Legend Killer

McIntrye - to be blunt he should have been fired when him and Tiffany had the incident, past precedent and all being set with Rhino. That said he needs to be repackaged

Last edited: