Eminem & DMX collab album?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: sohh.com

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem is helping DMX regain his career spark by teaming up with the former Ruff Ryders leader for a collaboration.

According to producer veteran Cavie, X and Em's record is currently in production.

"That right there, I'm going to be honest with you, it was just an idea we were throwing around and it kind of just stuck -- I probably should give all the credit to that to my man Ali and [Def Jam executive] Randy Acker," Cavie told SOHH. "They got ties with Marshall [Eminem] and they were like, 'We're good with Marshall and we're good with X. How can we make this record happen?' To my knowledge, they've already had the phone conversation, they've already spoke, everything is good. They talked on a real level. I don't want to get too deep into it but they've already spoken and the record is in the making. We're just waiting for all of the particulars to come flying. We're going to see hip-hop history." (SOHH)

In August, X promised to make a strong return to the hip-hop scene.

"I kind of took it back to how I felt on my first album -- the hunger, the energy, the hardness of it," says the 40-year-old rapper (real name: Earl Simmons), who was released from prison on July 19. "I've had a lot of late nights in the studio, getting it in, getting it back to where it's supposed to be," says DMX, whose last album, 2006's "Year of the Dog... Again," has sold 344,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The rapper also notes that the lyrical focus of the album will be "bringing hip-hop back to where it's supposed to be. It's not at a good place right now... [There's] a lot of whack rappers out there. It's too corny." (Billboard)

Having recently spent four years behind bars before making a music comeback, rapper Black Rob talked to SOHH last summer about X's return after nearly 12 months behind bars.

"First of all, I just want to tell him I love him, man," Rob toldSOHH. "He was one of the reasons why I wanted to go so hard all the time in my music. When I met him, it was like, 'Oh sh*t.' When we were in the cipher, we were going in. You hear me? Like, going in because nobody was backing down. smurfs was going. Rhyme after rhyme, line after line. When I met him, it was like this is my dude. X used to come pick me up from my crib on 118th. He used to hit me up like, 'Come on downstairs, dog, we getting outta here.' Me and him used to drive around with the dogs in the back of the motherf*cking truck, driving around getting high and doing what we do and the things we loved to do, man. Big shout outs go out to him. I love him to death and I just want him to come on back and maybe he feels like this ain't his calling no more. He's real spiritual. You feel me? Maybe he feels like this ain't his calling no more." (SOHH)

Having paved a career dating back to N.W.A.'s early days, Cavie is also currently working on new projects for T.I. and Goodie Mob.

Cavie (as he's better known) has been producing music since he was 12 years old, with a little known group at the time called N.W.A.. Soon after, the group blew up and so did Cavie. He has traveled around the world producing music for the biggest names in hip-hop, so it was no surprise when he got the call to produce Cee Lo Green's new solo album. This project is not the only album on Cavie's plate. He recently agreed to work with Teddy Riley and another album for Macy Gray, and he's also crafting hits for the comeback albums of Goodie Mob, T.I. and DMX. (Press Release)

No further details have been revealed as of now.
Don't know if it'll be a watch the throne type of deal where they do every track together rapping or a simple case of Eminem producing the whole album. Either way looking forward to it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't see this ever finishing, it will probably just end up maybe them doing songs for each others upcoming albums or something. This just seems like something that will fall through and never come to fruition in this era of Hip Hip.

Kairi

Reaction score
if finished, this will be nice