Dolph Ziggler's new bodyguard?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Beware, it's a random heel turn.

Ziggler came to the ring to cut a promo and actually did a good job during his promo. He introduced Mason Ryan as an extra insurance policy and promised he would never lose again with his added insurance. John Cena's music played and the crowd went crazy, the loudest so far of the night. Knoxville seems to be pro Cena.

6. John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/Mason Ryan). Cena had his elbow and upper arm taped heavily. Cena even tried to take his shirt off and even had problems doing so, you could actually see the pain in his face. Granted, he may possibly be injured but if not did a good job selling it. Cena did his usual running block and held his arm in pain each time he ran into Ziggler. I tried to get the Let's go Cena/Cena sucks chant but nobody wanted to chime in on the Cena sucks part.

Dolph had control through most of the match then it started going back and forth. Cena did some nice reversals. Cena went for an early STF and Ziggler kicked him away. Ziggler started going back to work on Cena's left arm and elbow. Ziggler did a handstand in the middle of the ring using Cena's body as support. Cena lifted up Ziggler and tried an AA even though I think he messed up somewhat. Cena did his You Can't See Me and hit the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Ziggler, and Ziggler kicked out. Ziggler had Cena down again and Cena powered back and tried another AA. Ziggler countered and fell off Cena's shoulders which in turn knocked the referee down.

Cena went for the STF and Ziggler was tapping out but no referee, then Mason Ryan came in and attacked Cena from behind. The ref came around and Cena kicked out around two and a half. Cena went for the AA and got the pin, Cena won in 15 minutes. Overall, a very good match between Cena and Ziggler. Mason is a huge man for sure. I was in row three and I had trouble looking around him when he was standing in front of me. On a side note, Cena asked for the mic and started to sing Rocky Top and the crowd joined in.

What da hayul?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Seems very HBK diesel ish to me, the arrogant small guy show off coupled with the big silent bodyguard. Could work out actually let Mason get a few minutes in tag matches, whilst DZ carries it. I'd rather Dolph in the Main Event but this is better then nothing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This is from a house show it seems? Hopefully it's just house show fodder. The last thing Ziggler needs is that 350 pound anchor around his neck.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So it's not just me that is pretty disgusted at the thought of this? Sure Mason is huge but why does Dolph always need to be aligned with someone? He's good enough to carry himself now. He can talk, he can wrestle. Push him on his own.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They don't have the confidence in him sadly, it's a shame as he's got a great look ( before the internet warriors step up he's cut and obviously athletic so no you wouldn't take him) , one of the best heel wrestlers they have (Bryan doesn't really change his style heel or face) and can work a mic better then most.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
20aec07714311ba7846b45055d8880d2.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Maybe Mason Ryan can even out this insufferable feud with Brodus so they would stop completely burying Dolph.

#PositiveSpin

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So they go from facing each other on Superstars to being aligned? #wwelogic #houseshowfodder

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This reminds me of the time Drew McIntyre was blowing kisses and exchanging googly eyes with men in the crowd at that house show and we all thought he would be adopting that new gimmick. I think they just throw a lot of shit at the wall in house shows and .01% of it actually sticks.

That's as optimistic as I get. I will just hope this shit doesn't make a translation to actual WWE programming.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Agreed with seabs, a HBK/Diesel thing could be awesome in this stage.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
House shows would be the opportune moment to try out gimmicks. If it works on a live crowd chances are it will work on the TV crowd.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I will say this: A body guard role is exactly what Mason Ryan needs, so at least WWE is halfway right with this one. Just keep him the fak away from DZ

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Ryan can't wrestle, so a bodyguard role is the best idea. I'm not sure why Ziggler has to be involved with him though.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Ryan can't wrestle, so a bodyguard role is the best idea. I'm not sure why Ziggler has to be involved with him though.

They prolly see him as the next HBK, which is a good one imo.