Does anyone actually like Marko Stunt?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Or do people just 'like' him because he's associated with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus? I don't understand the appeal here, what the fuck is it? He has a terrible look and I don't see what is so appealing about him.

I am seriously looking for a good answer because I can't see how anyone can be a fan of this guy because they think he's 'cool' or an amazing wrestler. Overall, he just seems like a joke.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If he was just their mascot/manager.....I'd be fine with him.

It's him getting legit offense on bonafied stars that's has heat with me.....difference between a guy like him and Rey Mysterio circa 95 is that Rey was changing the game and doing things we've never seen before and also he had actual psychology in his matches......Marko Stunt isn't doing anything that a guy 10x his size isn't doing and he doesn't have an ounce of aura of toughness.....he looks like a snotty kid you'd slap around for trying to shoplift in your local grocery store.

Also he makes Rey Mysterio look like Eddie Guerrero in terms of bull and height.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I am also interested in hearing this. When I first heard both the blow back and the defense of Marko Stunt I thought it was typical IWC overreaction to an indy guy that got popular, but wasn't everyone's cup of team like Will Ospreay. but when I saw this kid on Dynamite two nights ago, what I saw, what I thought I saw, was a literal child. I don't know how I could take him seriously tbh.

I can see the association thing because Luchasaurus has really taken off for its neat gimmick that's a bit out there and so has Jungle Boy come into his own. I don't know how Stunt compliments that. but I've also not see them together beyond that Le Champion segment.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm sure someone likes him but it sure as hell ain't me. I've been raggin' on this pipsqueak since the first time I saw him. This pre-mature baby needs to get the fuck off AEW and while he fucks off so can Private Party for that matter.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
He is not a bad wrestler. However I do like JB and Luchasaurs

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
The only negativity that I have with him is they allowing him to get so much offense in as if he was just as big as anyone else. Some of the matches with Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt as a tag team shouldn't have lasted as long as they did. Marko shouldn't have been able to survive for as long as he has in matches. Plus the pattern lately of "double teaming and pinning the small guy (Marko) for the win" has become too obvious.

Other than that I have no issue with him. He can do some exciting things in the ring and I can see why he is there. They don't even hide the fact that he is the third guy of Jurassic Express, so it's not like he is taking the spotlight from anyone else.

Reactions: Doom

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, I could go for less offense for him but I don't have an issue as a whole. Most of what he does on offense is literally just hurling his body at his opponent, so I think they're at least logical about it. They don't have him out there doing suplexes and submission holds. I wouldn't really care if he was or wasn't a part of AEW's roster.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He should just be Drake Maverick of AEW......the odd haha and used for heat.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don’t really have an issue with him. I find nothing offensive about him or what he does or how he’s been booked, I don’t really care if I’m supposed to take him seriously or not.

He’s a good kid from what I’ve seen in interviews, and he’s fun to watch imo.

Reactions: V-Trigger

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He should just be Drake Maverick of AEW......the odd haha and used for heat.
I mean I like Drake. He's got charisma. So I mean if Marko has that kind of energy I can see it.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I mean I like Drake. He's got charisma. So I mean if Marko has that kind of energy I can see it.
No clue on that....never heard him utter a word, then again this week was the first time I heard Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy speak.

This is something that every show have a problem doing.....it's not always about matches.....we need to know these people in order to invest ourselves in matches.

That's why promos are more important than matches.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
To the manager comment, yeah, I would agree with that, he would probably be a better fit for that. I just can't wrap my head around him in the ring. It's like they just gave some random skinny, weak guy a chance because they felt bad for him and I just feel the positive reactions from the crowd have little to do with him as an actual wrestler.

V-Trigger

Reaction score
Kids love him and he gets good reactions. He gets murdered almost every match, so i don't understand the Marko complaints. If they booked him strong it would be an issue. But literally no performer takes him seriously. Penta mocked him, Jericho mocked him.

He's basically Spike Dudley. Plus he protects Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy from taking pins

Reactions: Jimmy King

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
Marko's push is nepotism on full display. Before AEW aired on TNT Tony and Cody kept saying how "sports-centric" the product would be. Well, you can't be "sports-centric" and let a little runt go out there and get offense in on athletes twice his size. It buries the roster and makes the company look just as carny as WWE when they had Hornswoggle running wild.

He's one of Cody's buds. That's the only reason they even signed him in the first place. People like Marko chase viewers away.

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love it if he was cannon fodder and offered absolutely no resistence whatsoever. Just got absolutely smashed the worst way possible in the quickest time possible. I want to see Penta put him in a Vertabreaker, and then Fenix come in after the match and spike pile drive him on a steel chair and Stunt does the shaky twitchy leg sell. That would be over with me. Otherwise he has no business on my TV.