Dean Ambrose needs an overhaul

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm not sure about you guys, but I've come to be very bored with Dean Ambrose in the last couple of months.

It's multiple things that attribute to that. Maybe it's his intentionally sloppy and redundant wrestling style. His lack of creativity when it comes to his attire or maybe it's just that he's been the exact same since 2014. He's had the same attire, the same boring moves and the same style.

I know wrestlers are supposed to change their style every year, but when your style was redundant 2 weeks in, then a little change is good. Dean Amrbose's wrestling style consists of weak-looking punches, stiff and sloppy movements and rebound-based moves. It's so boring and so louzy. His promos were good, but it's almost as if his gimmick has rubbed off on him. He's only good when put into intense situations. His promos against Dolph Ziggler were great. But the matches were lame. His feud with AJ Styles were good, but I probably wouldn't have watched if AJ Styles wasn't involved.

I think his original gimmick of the sadistic suave was much more appealing. He could play that well, his promos are better when they feel intense and eerie. Give him some real attire, and turn him into a brawler/bruiser. I know that's kinda of what he's supposed to be, but I can't help but feel that he can definitely bring more to the table. He looks like someone you would find fighting in the streets, it's a shame that this abomination of a gimmick, he's saddled with, is holding him down.

I think he needs an overhaul. He needs to be repackaged. Something to get the interest of the people back. I respect him as a wrestler, and I know he can soo much more than what is offered to him due to this shite gimmick, but he needs to change.

I think he needs to go back to a more sadistic character akin to his Moxley character or early Dean Ambrose.

What'd you think about Ambrose and/or if he needs a replacement, and what would that be?

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I disagree with the Ambrose hate as I still find him entertaining and he can have good matches with the right opponent. HOWEVER, his Shield gimmick was sick so I'd have no complaints if he went back to that. Hell, everyone expected him to be the heel of the Shield when they broke up but two and a half years later, we haven't seen that yet. I'd have no problem if he brought that out of him. The only problem is we already have heel Styles, heel Ziggler, and heel Miz on smackdown so I'm not sure if they could turn Ambrose heel as well. I say draft him to Raw then do it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cut out the wacky shit.

Done....Fixed.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Maybe it's his intentionally sloppy and redundant wrestling style. His lack of creativity when it comes to his attire or maybe it's just that he's been the exact same since 2014. He's had the same attire, the same boring moves and the same style.

I think he needs an overhaul. He needs to be repackaged. Something to get the interest of the people back. I respect him as a wrestler, and I know he can soo much more than what is offered to him due to this shite gimmick, but he needs to change.

I think he needs to go back to a more sadistic character akin to his Moxley character or early Dean Ambrose.

100% Agree.....He has been very lazy in his matches and it shows!

Reactions: Roadster

Drew

Reaction score
His character as a face can get old(a lot like Orton).

His persona and style match his heel tendencies. When he became a full face and is being funny and entertaining it doesn't fit as well.

His promos and wacky stuff is what makes him great to me. I do see he's not the best wrestler, but let's be honest, even some the all time greats in wrestling have lacked in ring skill at times.

He goes heel again and all the "lunatic" stuff is a plus.

Reactions: The Phenom

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
His character as a face can get old(a lot like Orton).

His persona and style match his heel tendencies. When he became a full face and is being funny and entertaining it doesn't fit as well.

His promos and wacky stuff is what makes him great to me. I do see he's not the best wrestler, but let's be honest, even some the all time greats in wrestling have lacked in ring skill at times.

He goes heel again and all the "lunatic" stuff is a plus.
True...... he would be better in ring also if he just stopped looking so lazy like he doesn't want to sell on any move at all....besides that I fuck with Dean

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stop the rope clothesline every match.

Dude does more 5 moves of doom than Cena and Bret Hart combined.

5 spots of meh.

Reactions: Cwalker