Deadpool Creative Team Open to Spider-Man Crossover

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ve-team-open-to-spider-man-crossover#/slide/1

If there is going to be a team-up fans will want to see, it’s going to be this one.

Spider-Man is set to swing back into action in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Early reception around Tom Holland’s performance indicates that he and the web-slinger will soon be very in demand. The young actor’s stellar performance as Spidey in all of his wise-cracking glory will immediately bring to mind the possibilities of who he could interact with.

Namely his biggest team-up buddy.

During the press day for Fox’s Deadpool Blu-ray release, director Tim Miller and producer Simon Kinberg talked about possibly getting Spider-Man to meet his biggest fan: Deadpool. Miller shared, “Simon and I have been trying to build bridges.”

With all of the deals that have recently started happening, we asked if they could get visitation rights to Sony‘s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Kinberg laughed, “I would love to see it. Both of us are close with [Marvel’s] Kevin [Feige], we respect and love Kevin. If it were even remotely possible, we will find a way ’cause we’d would love to see it.”

If any guy could vouch this working, it’s Kinberg, who’s produced for both Fox (X-Men) and Disney (Star Wars Rebels). He’s the one who got Fox to take a chance on the long-gestating Deadpool film, which finally paid off and it’s now the highest-grossing R-rated movie. However, at this point in time, Kinberg officially states, “I just don’t know if it would be possible.”

So if the buddy comedy superhero genre starts with Taika Waititi’s Thor: Ragnarok, which puts Thor and Hulk on a road-trip through the galaxy, then “When Deadpool met Spider-Man” could follow at some point, right? The relationship between Deadpool and Spider-Man is one of Marvel’s most popular. Their comic arcs together are a huge hit with fans. Go on Tumblr and in most Deadpool tag threads, you’ll find Pool crushing hard over Spidey while they take out bad guys with their signature snark. Their on-screen counterparts Ryan Reynolds and Tom Holland are perfectly cast for their smart-aleck antics. And if Deadpool’s affections get toned down for the films, Reynolds could at least crack a jailbait joke for Holland’s high school Spidey.

After Sony struck a deal with Disney to share him in Civil War, the studio is poised to see quite the return and will ideally be willing to loan him out more often. Miller lit up at the possibilities they’re entertaining, including the stuff they’re keeping hush for Deadpool 2. “My favorite comic books in the old days used to be like DC vs. Marvel, Teen Titans vs. the X-Men or Teen Titans vs. New Mutants. Justice League vs. the Avengers. This could be something like that,” he added optimistically.

With the Deadpool team being open to the concept and Sony willing to share custody of Peter Parker, we could very well see a future where Wolverine has to deal with both of their sass, or maybe more characters. Kingberg even told CraveOnline they are open to the idea of crossing over the X-Men franchise with Marvel’s The Avengers as well!

Please let this happen.

Drew

Reaction score
Would be nice.

But Sony is barely letting Marvel have any say with Spider-Man...don't know if they want to loan to Fox too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Spider-Man has quite a few scenes in Civil War....shit even Aunt May makes an appearance.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I don't see a Deadpool/Spiderman cross over happening ever. Deadpool is too naughty and too over the top with the sex and violence, if you were to put him with Spiderman in a movie, you'll have to tone him down. If you tone him down, he's the not the murk with the mouth anymore.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Spider-Man sucks butt so I hope this doesn't happen.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Spider-Man sucks butt so I hope this doesn't happen.

He's sucked for awhile now, but I think after Civil War feelings on the character will change. I can easily see this movie being about how Parker deals with now being a Avenger and holding down a normal life. I wonder if they will have him unmask like in the Comics hmm.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm not just talking about the movies though, I've always hated the character save for the late 60's cartoon and a few of the comic arcs like Kraven's Last Hunt and The Death of Jean DeWolff. Just not my cup of tea.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Deadpool has made appearances on Spiderman's cartoon and comics.

Precedent has been made already.