DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Market value trumps critical value.

It's the same shit you're trying to get away with on one entity (Marvel), but you're still doubling down on critical value over market value on everything else.

It shows clear bias and fanboyism.

All I said was I liked iron fist. In no way does this go against the point I made. I liked it but the critics don't and that's not good.

Drew

Reaction score
I hope the rumors about Mel Directing SS 2 are right. I wouldn't care who's writing it then. That dude can make a good film

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Joss Whedon to Write and Direct BATGIRL Movie for Warner Bros.

Joss-Whedon-Batgirl-Movie-033017-Dragonlord.jpg

Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroines in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.

Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

The Batgirl project will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, which opens June 2.

Whedon would be making a big move from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to its DC counterpart, having written and directed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron for Disney-Marvel. He also created the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dolph Lundgren Joins Jason Momoa in AQUAMAN Movie as a Villain

Dolph-Lundgren-Aquaman-041217-Dragonlord.jpg

Dolph Lundgren is making his return to studio movies by diving deep into the world of comic book films.

The veteran action star, whose credits range from Rocky IV to the recent Expendables movies, has joined Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on DC Comics’ underwater-breathing superhero.

James Wan is sitting in the director’s chair for the big-budget tentpole, which is eyeing a May production start in Australia.

Jason Momoa is starring as the title character, and the film's call sheet includes Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest; Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother; and Patrick Wilson as Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

Willem Dafoe is playing Aquaman’s adviser, scientist Dr. Vulko; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is classic villain Black Manta; and Temuera Morrison is Aquaman’s father.

Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman.

Dolph Lundgren Joins Jason Momoa in 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i despise everything i saw in that justice trailer

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Still think doing the team up movie before all the characters are established is kinda dumb

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
JOKER Origin Movie with Todd Phillips to Direct and Martin Scorsese as Producer

AXEJHIG.jpg

Warner Bros and DC are in the early stages of another Batman Universe spinoff movie, this one telling the origin story of the signature villain The Joker. The studio has set The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver. Phillips will direct the movie, and Martin Scorsese will produce it with Phillips.

This will be the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters.

Deadline is told that the intention is to make an origin story that isn’t part of any other iteration. The Joker has memorably been part of two Batman movies in the form of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, and was most recently played by Jared Leto in the first Suicide Squad film. He will reprise in the Suicide Squad sequel and the Harley Quinn spinoff, but this new film will launch the character with a different actor, possibly younger.

An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy. Deadline is told that Phillips and Silver are writing already, but there is nothing firm on where this will fit into the DC schedule.

Phillips most recently directed War Dogswith Jonah Hill and Miles Teller. Silver’s recent script credits include The Fighter as well as Stronger, the David Gordon Green-directed Toronto-bound drama that stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Jeff Bauman, whose lower legs were blown off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon terror attack.

The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film (Exclusive)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Joker and Harley Quinn Movie in the Works from CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE Filmmakers

zmJOa5y.jpg

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, who direct and executive produce the hit NBC drama This Is Us and who also wrote and helmed Crazy, Stupid, Love are entering the DC cinematic universe at Warner Bros.

The duo are in final negotiations to write and direct an untitled movie project centering on Batman villains Joker and Harley Quinn.

Jared Leto and Margot Robbie are due to reprise their roles as the villains, among the most popular characters in the DC pantheon, and which they first portrayed in 2016’s Suicide Squad.

Insiders say that the plan is for this feature to go after the studio makes a sequel to Suicide Squad. The latter is on the development fast-track and out to directors. But the Joker and Harley Quinn movie is also moving fast as the studio has to contend with actors holding agreements, say sources.

The film is described as a “criminal love story,” according to one source, featuring the two murdering maniacs who are cornerstones in the Batman mythos.

Additionally, the project falls within Warner’s main line of movies based on their DC properties. That includes the current movies released and in production that feature Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, among other actors who collectively form the Justice League.

Warners is simultaneously beginning to develop a line of DC-related films that will fall outside the established cinematic universe which sees actors and storylines threaded through multiple movies.

The new line, or possibly label, will allow for the making of movies that will stand apart and separate from those big-budget tentpoles. Matt Reeves’ The Batman, for example, is intended to not be connected to the Justice League universe but to be set in a different time period and star another actor.

And, in a move showing how popular the character is, a Joker solo movie is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for The Hangover filmmaker Todd Phillips. It is intended to star an actor other than Leto. (Requa and Ficcara's Joker/Quinn project is further along in development than Phillips' Joker project, at least at this stage, according to one source.)

This strategy will distinguish Warners’ superhero movies from those of competitors, namely Disney, which has a highly interconnected Marvel universe of films as well as Star Wars. The latter has the main saga, first begun by creator George Lucas decades ago, and is now making standalone outings that are, at least at this stage, intended to fill in backstory for the main and ongoing story.

Warners may not be expanding its universe as much as doubling down on the voracious appetite audiences seem to have for these characters at this point in time.

Ficarra and Requa previously wrote and directed I Love You Phillip Morris and followed that up with the Crazy, Stupid, Love., which starred Steve Carell, Ryan Goslin and Emma Stone. They worked with Robbie when they wrote and directed the heist movie Focus and the war comedy Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

'Crazy, Stupid Love' Filmmakers to Write, Direct Joker and Harley Quinn Movie (Exclusive)

:MJ:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Harley became way too mainstream of a character and now they seem to think they can't do anything without marketing it to emo teenagers. Fuck this it's ruining my Batman shit.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

You have my attention DC.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I fucks with Joaquin Phoenix but idk how I feel about a Joker origin if that's what this is. One cool idea I had that might be hard to pull off would be have Joker narrate multiple origin stories but leave it open which one is true if any bc he's the joker and doesn't need a definite origin

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I fucks with Joaquin Phoenix but idk how I feel about a Joker origin if that's what this is. One cool idea I had that might be hard to pull off would be have Joker narrate multiple origin stories but leave it open which one is true if any bc he's the joker and doesn't need a definite origin
Considering there is another supposed Joker movie in the works...the multiple narrative could actually be viable.