DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So you saying I should just accept iron fist sucks because critics said it does.
raw

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So that's why there was a petition to shut down rotten tomatoes over the suicide squad scores.......The fans and critic scores were soooo close.
There was a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes and I didn't get to sign it?

:duck:

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Warner Bros. Eyeing Matthew Vaughn to Direct MAN OF STEEL Sequel

Matthew-Vaughn-Man-of-Steel-2-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros. is indeed forging ahead with plans to finally make a Man of Steel sequel, and they’ve got a mighty exciting filmmaker in their sights to take the helm. Sources tell Collider that Kingsman: The Secret Service filmmaker Matthew Vaughn is Warner Bros.’ top choice to direct Man of Steel 2, and preliminary conversations about the prospect have taken place.

This isn’t yet in the deal-making stage, and Vaughn could very well end up not directing the film, but he’s who Warner Bros. wants at this point in time. Moreover, sources say that if Vaughn for some reason doesn’t direct Man of Steel 2, Warner Bros. still wants him to helm another superhero movie in the DCEU.

This wouldn’t be Vaughn’s first foray into the superhero realm as he successfully rebooted/prequelized Fox’s X-Men universe with the delightful X-Men: First Class and also helmed the darkly funny R-rated comic book adaptation Kick-Ass. He’s currently in post-production on his spy sequel Kingsman: The Golden Circle, but now it appears he’s considering making the jump to Warner Bros. to make another superhero film.

Back in 2010, reports surfaced that Vaughn and Kick-Ass comic writer Mark Millar had pitched their take on a Superman movie to Warner Bros. only for the studio to (unsurprisingly) go with Nolan and Goyer’s take. Vaughn subsequently clarified he only had a brief chat with WB about making a Superman movie, but he did offer his thoughts on what a Superman film should be, which may give us a hint of what kind of tone Man of Steel 2 would strike if Vaughn takes the helm:

“I think that’s the one thing not to do with Superman, trying to do the serious The Dark Knight version. Superman is about color and fun, or it should be, for me.”

Exclusive: Warner Bros. Eyeing Matthew Vaughn to Direct ‘Man of Steel 2’

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So you saying I should just accept iron fist sucks because critics said it does.
raw

No all I said originally was this is DC's last chance. You personally can like whatever you want but I'm saying it's not good when the overall consensus is the product sucks.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No all I said originally was this is DC's last chance. You personally can like whatever you want but I'm saying it's not good when the overall consensus is the product sucks.
So the overall consensus on iron fist being boring makes it an absolute fact?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So the overall consensus on iron fist being boring makes it an absolute fact?

No not for you personally but you can't deny that when an overall consensus is that something sucks it kind of sticks.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
SUICIDE SQUAD 2 Lands LEGEND OF TARZAN Screenwriter Adam Cozad

Suicide-Squad-Deadshot-Harley-Quinn-031517-Dragonlord.jpg

Adam Cozad, who wrote The Legend of Tarzan for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to pen the studio’s sequel to Suicide Squad.

The follow-up is a priority for Warners, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson. No filmmakers are currently attached, and the studio is focusing on nailing down a story.

David Ayer wrote (and directed) the 2016 movie, which had an all-star cast that included Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto. The pic faced some hurdles during production and was met with a a somewhat polarizing response, but grossed $745 million worldwide, enough to put a follow-up on the fast-track.

Ayer is not returning for the sequel, and is instead focusing on developing Gotham City Sirens, a project that reunites him with Robbie and ]focuses on the female villains of the DC Universe.

Cozad is known for trafficking in the action and comic book realms. The scribe co-wrote 2014’s Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit starring Chris Pine and penned Underwater, the adventure movie that is heating up at Fox with Kristen Stewart coming on board to star.

Cozad also worked on Bloodshot, the adaptation of the Valiant comic book, and The Gray Man, a Charlize Theron spy thriller. His Tarzan, which starred Alexander Skarsgard and Robbie, grossed over $356 million worldwide.

'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer Adam Cozad (Exclusive)

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Right hire a screenwriter who's movie got panned. Brilliant.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Right panned.....And made money.

Tripping over your critic shit again.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Right panned.....And made money.

Tripping over your critic shit again.

A movie like that is going to make money unless it's the most atrocious thing ever. Idk why you don't think actually making the product good is important.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So critics panned it......Like they panned iron fist.....But somehow that's different.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So critics panned it......Like they panned iron fist.....But somehow that's different.

once again you're speaking on a personal basis. Personal and general concensus are two different things.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
once again you're speaking on a personal basis. Personal and general concensus are two different things.
General consensus is that iron fist is boring according to your own logic.

But again, you're just showing clear bias towards one product over another. Touting critical panning over one thing, than saying it doesn't matter over another is a contradiction.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
General consensus is that iron fist is boring according to your own logic.

But again, you're just showing clear bias towards one product over another. Touting critical panning over one thing, than saying it doesn't matter over another is a contradiction.

Oh my god I'm saying it doesn't matter for your personal opinion. I'm talking about a universal perspective. If you end up liking green lantern corps then great. If the general consensus is that it sucks then that's not good. Hiring a writer who's other film got panned is basically saying "here's another film that's going to make money because it's a superhero film and will have a devoted following but in general people will say it sucks."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh my god I'm saying it doesn't matter for your personal opinion. I'm talking about a universal perspective. If you end up liking green lantern corps then great. If the general consensus is that it sucks then that's not good. Hiring a writer who's other film got panned is basically saying "here's another film that's going to make money because it's a superhero film and will have a devoted following but in general people will say it sucks."

Market value trumps critical value.

It's the same shit you're trying to get away with on one entity (Marvel), but you're still doubling down on critical value over market value on everything else.

It shows clear bias and fanboyism.