Daniel Cormier talks about facing Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Cormier recently spoke about the possibility of facing Lesnar.

“That thing never happens unless I get past Stipe, but just hearing out loud was like, oh my goodness,” Cormier said (via MMAjunkie). “Hey, I know that when I fight Jon Jones, I make a lot of money. I know that if I was to ever fight a Brock Lesnar, I’m going to make even more money than I’ve ever made in entire life. And ultimately, championships and money is why we do this. I don’t care for all the other stuff. I want to get paid. I’m almost 40, the door’s about to close on me, so why not ride out into the sunset with a massive payday? Truckloads of money. Back up the Brinks truck to Gilroy, California if you fight Brock Lesnar, I’m telling you.

“He told me last time, right? When that thing broke that he was fighting at UFC 200, I said, ‘Big Brock, is it Christmas morning in the Cormier household?’ He goes, ‘Merry Christmas, DC. You’re welcome.’ That’s what he told me. He knows that the money’s coming. When he’s on your card or if you’re fighting against him, he knows that you’re getting paid.”

Source

He goes on to say that he will be done when he hits 40 years old and not even Brock issuing a challenge will change that. It would seem that he wants the fight to happen but this greatly depends on what Brock chooses to do within the WWE. If his contract runs out after GRR, then he will likely train and this match may very well happen. Most people suspect that he is sticking around longer (with WWE) and training for UFC will be out the window. It takes months to prepare.

I don't watch UFC/MMA but since Brock is a hot topic right now, I thought this was worth sharing. I will say this, he is spot on about Brock being a cash cow. Even Vince knows that.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Stipe Miocic. Miocic vs Cormier will be huge. HUGE. And Brock will fight the winner of that.

Stipe now holds the record for most consecutive heavyweight title defenses and their fight is July 7. So assuming Brock will fight the winner that would put his match probably December or January.

Cormier is dangerous too and currently the light heavyweight champ. With a ton of power behind his fists. Both men are monsters and have impressive wins. Brock vs either man will be a huge draw and I'm excited to see either one.