Daniel Bryan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Is now #1 contender. Will he win? Is it just a filler feud? Is he fed to Punk simply because he's over?

What will be good about this feud is the matches. Also, does anyone feel Bryan is being fed to Punk to get Bryan over as a heel again? The only person I feel smarks in the crowd won't boo because they're facing Bryan is Punk. Combined with them making sure Bryan insults every home town he's in - it could keep him boo'd.

Either way, it was the only good thing to come out of RAW tonight. I'm so glad Bryan is getting pushed.

Reactions: Asskicker

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
At this point IMO I think Bryan is way more popular with smarks than Punk. I see people all the time trashing Punk for his boring title reign (myself included)

Will he win? - hell no lol
Is it a filler feud- obviously IMO
Is he fed to Punk simply because he's over?- most definitely

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
IWC doesn't mean smarks unfortunately, but Daniel Bryan is more over in the IWC now I agree. Punk is never ever boo'd at live events. He's still the most over guy on the roster, unless you count Cena's "gets a reaction anywhere" as being more over than Punk. There's a minority in the IWC (yes, a minority) who do bash Punk all the time now and have become haters, but generally more care for him than more hate on him. I just don't see Punk getting boo'd at all by smarks or marks. The "YES" chants won't stop though - I'll just be so intrigued when they have the head to head punches spot - usually Bryan's get "YES" and opponent X gets "NO" - not sure that happens with Punk.

Also, by filler feud, are we supposed to expect something more? I understand the definition of filler PPV's, like OTL is going to be, and filler championship reigns, but what qualifies this feud to be a filler? Is Daniel Bryan not big enough - despite being stupidly over - to face Punk? All hypothetical questions by the way, this isn't aimed at you, I'm generally curious.

Reaction score
Definitely filler feud but I'm glad Daniel Bryan is in the main event. Hopefully this means DB will be moving to Raw soon.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I think with the whole supershow concept, brands don't really matter anymore and that's why there is no more drafts. It's just the fact of if you want the world heavyweight or intercontinental championship you will be on smackdown and if you want the wwe championship you will go on raw. No one wants the us championship though so its like a piece of crap.

Yeah I think with the whole supershow concept, brands don't really matter anymore and that's why there is no more drafts. It's just the fact of if you want the world heavyweight or intercontinental championship you will be on smackdown and if you want the wwe championship you will go on raw. No one wants the us championship though so its like a piece of crap.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Also, does anyone feel Bryan is being fed to Punk to get Bryan over as a heel again? The only person I feel smarks in the crowd won't boo because they're facing Bryan is Punk. Combined with them making sure Bryan insults every home town he's in - it could keep him boo'd.

If that's their intention (to get Bryan over as a heel), it will likely fail. I read three different reports of people who were at Extreme Rules and they all said Bryan was the most over guy there, despite it being in Punk's hometown. Then again, the crowd did seem a bit smarkish but still.

I do fear that Bryan is only being fed to Punk as a filler, or maybe they're actually gonna give Bryan a world championship again. I'm still betting that Punk makes it to Summerslam with the belt and possibly faces Rock there.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd love to see Bryan as WWE champ, but I think he's just being fed to Punk.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
At least he's in the main event. Last year, could anyone really see Bryan as a WHC (A long one), the most over guy in the company and then feuding for the WWE championship on the A show? Remember, last year he was a very boring face who had the bella twins on his ass.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
At least he's in the main event. Last year, could anyone really see Bryan as a WHC (A long one), the most over guy in the company and then feuding for the WWE championship on the A show? Remember, last year he was a very boring face who had the bella twins on his ass.

And afterwards, he was jobbing on Smackdown. I've been a Bryan fan for quite some time, and I love seeing him main eventing. I was really surprised when he won MITB and happy that his reign was a success and he's gotten over.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Brand split has ended imo, Daniel Bryan is now a RAW superstar.

No it has not! Bryan still on SmackDown! Go look it up!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The brand split exists officially (the rosters are still separate on WWE.com and all), but mainly in the main event scene, it has no effect. SD superstars are on Raw every week and vice versa.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah he'll be on SmackDown but he's on RAW feuding with the WWE Champion, so yeah, he's practically a RAW superstar now.

He still SmackDown its blueberry supershow remember?! He still SmackDown and he wrestling on SmackDown this week! This mostly a 1 month fend. I belive after this CM Punk will vs. Kane at No Way Out in a Cage Match for the WWE Champion since the PPV will all Cage Match!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The supershow concept ends the brand split. SmackDown is now called SmackDown super show isn't it? There is no split, which means, Bryan going for the WWE championship on RAW effectively makes him RAW bound for weeks to come.