D'ANGELO AND THE VANGUARD.. BLACK MESSIAH : ALBUM REVIEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
D'Angelo_-_Black_Messiah_Album_Cover.jpg

Let me first start by saying that D'Angelo hasn't made any music since 2000, although I know some of this was recorded between then and now. I wasn't too familiar with D'angelo other than recognizing a few hits, so when I first listened to this record I was absolutely blown away. I think Its safe to say that in my opinion, this is the most daring and interesting project of the year. It doesn't really key in on what you need to reach commercial success in 2014, but for some reason I feel it will anyway. People haven't heard music like this in a while, and Its honestly refreshing. The entire record is an experience in its self, with spacious open tracks, to more clustered jazzy tracks. The band also plays around with timing, and sound which you can really feel while listening. 'Black Messiah' is a truly "ear opening" experience. I highly recommend you give it a listen, whether you're into heavier stuff like rock, metal, or even groovier hip-hop, r&b and even blues.

10/10

Favorite Tracks: Sugah Daddy, Another Life, Till Its Done, Back to the Future Part II​