Dana White Eases Up on Frank Mir And His UFC 130 Performance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
mir-nelson_medium_large.jpg
Even Dana White has the ability to see when he's been too tough on someone. At Saturday night's post-UFC 130 press conference, White was pretty hard on both competitors in the co-main event pairing of Frank Mir and Roy Nelson. Mir dominated the bout for the whole 15 minutes, but it seemingly wasn't enough for the President of the UFC:

"I think this time, with the co-main event I was disappointed in both guys, not just in Frank," White said. "I was more disappointed in Frank on that last card, even though he ends up getting a knockout. Frank Mir is a two-time world champion, he's been around for a long time, he's a super talented guy, and I expect more of him."

Dana also took the time to say at the press conference that despite Mir's two wins in a row, he was not in the running for a title shot. Well, a good night's sleep helped Dana soften his stance on the former UFC heavyweight champion, apparently. While speaking with MMAJunkie, White showed a rare moment of reflection and changed his stance:

"I think I was a little harsh on Mir," White admitted. "He came into that fight with the perfect gameplan, and he nailed Roy with some big shots. Mir dominated that fight from start to finish, and he deserves some credit for that."

His UFC 130 opponent Roy Nelson will be meeting with White later this week to discuss his performance on the card. Something tells me Dana won't be as charitable towards Big Country as he was with Mir.