Cub Swanson Out of UFC 132 With Facial Injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Veteran WEC featherweight Cub Swanson was expected to make his UFC debut against Erik Koch on the undercard of UFC 132, but that will not be going down as planned. Swanson, who picked up fight-of-the-night honors on three different occasions in the WEC, has been forced to pull out of the fight with an injury. He passed on the information via twitter:

.bbpBox76452721267445760 {background:url(http://a1.twimg.com/images/themes/theme14/bg.gif) #131516;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

So unfortunately I am pulled out of my fight #ufc132 due to I broke the whole left side of my face:( http://yfrog.com/canbhxjless than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply Cub Swanson
CubSwanson

The attached picture shows that Cub's face is visibly swollen on the left side. The UFC hasn't officially announced the withdrawal yet, which means that Koch obviously doesn't have a new opponent as of right now. Bloody Elbow will pass on the information regarding Koch's new opponent as soon as it is available.