Could a mix of new and old wrestling make it good?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
This could apply to any wrestling promotion, but, I find WWE is the fucking worst with repetative shit.

Some people here might remember the infamous nobody jobbers. Big name superstar, random jobber. This was good and bad. Good thing was that feuds didn't get as boring fast because you didn't have the same guys fighting every single show. Bad thing was, most of the time, no one gave a fuck about the boring jobber.

Of course there was big name superstar vs big name superstar, but that was reserved for shows like Saturday Night's Main Even and PPVs. It isn't like now where the same guys fight every single show for a year.

One of the problems I personally find with feuds is just what I mentioned: the same guys fight every single show and then we have to pay for a PPV to watch the same guys fight again? Not to mention you get multiple PPVs in a row that have pretty much the exact same matches as the last PPV.

I don't know if I would like the idea of random jobbers coming back but what do you guys think could help the product? What old element would you like to see come back and mix with present wrestling that may make it interesting again?

Not to say that everyone thinks wrestling is garbage now but it isn't as good as it once was, imo.

I also think PPVs should be vastly cut down. No need for 15 PPVs when we could have the 4 main ones and allow some time for feud build ups.

Another thing is the amount of talking vs the amount of wrestling. I get that wrestling is basically a soap opera now but you get two to three hours of wrestling each show and most of it is talking.....

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Angles that have a complete story arc that is planned put months in ahead, and with creative with enough balls not to change their vision on the fly because one wants it changed.

That doesn't work when a studio head or producer interferes with a film, it doesn't work when an book plublisher wants this and that.

It's not going to work with wrestling.......these writers need balls.....I think Vince is just doing this to find people he can trust, not a bunch of pussies job afraid.....you can't trust people like that on any worksite.

sportsnews

Reaction score
Website
sportsinfonow.com
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
NWO & The Bullet Club
DX & The Shield
Looks good combination of old wrestling and new wrestling.

Ace

Reaction score
I'm a huge NXT fan but one thing I'm not a fan of is that it means that almost noone can explode onto the main roster - it seems everyone has to go through NXT where the *mystery* is somewhat lost.

It'd be awesome to have someone like Aleister Black or even Lars Sullivan just randomly pitch up on a main roster and go on a massive tear. Kind of like how they did with Vladimir Koslov, iirc (not the best example necessarily lol).